Author Topic: WNFF twitter?  (Read 1946 times)

Offline Greg_SRT

• Fun while it lasted
WNFF twitter?
« Topic Start: July 07, 2018, 04:26:02 PM »
Does the site have a twitter account? I feel it would be good if we did.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Re: WNFF twitter?
« Reply #1: July 07, 2018, 04:30:29 PM »
Why would it be good ?  Aren't there way too many different points of view for such an account from a broad group ?  Unless it was solely used by Chief or the mods ???

Does the site have a twitter account? I feel it would be good if we did.

Offline Greg_SRT

• Fun while it lasted
« Reply #2: July 07, 2018, 04:37:24 PM »
Why would it be good ?  Aren't there way too many different points of view for such an account from a broad group ?  Unless it was solely used by Chief or the mods ???

Yes. Just to promote the site. Run by site staff.

Just feel like when I don’t see WNFF in comments of Chelsea tweets (for example) it’s missed opportunity.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #3: July 07, 2018, 05:41:07 PM »
Yes. Just to promote the site. Run by site staff.

Just feel like when I don’t see WNFF in comments of Chelsea tweets (for example) it’s missed opportunity.
I'm not sure any of us has the time to post on that.  Maybe someone like Blue911 or other twitterati would do it in our name.  But then every post would be about cooking or Good Guys.

Offline Greg_SRT

• Fun while it lasted
« Reply #4: July 07, 2018, 06:12:55 PM »
Or maybe someone who could not be a Debbie downer and never loses faith...

Offline blue911

« Reply #5: August 17, 2018, 07:53:43 AM »
I'm not sure any of us has the time to post on that.  Maybe someone like Blue911 or other twitterati would do it in our name.  But then every post would be about cooking or Good Guys.

I use twitter as a way to link to baseball stories. I rarely tweet anything and never anything of value.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #6: August 17, 2018, 08:27:49 AM »

Good Guys :clap:

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #7: August 17, 2018, 08:34:38 AM »
Fairly active on Twitter, as is PB. But I don't think PB is the guy you want repping WNFF. Unless he decided to get into arguments with his regular account... now that would be precision trolling.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8: August 17, 2018, 05:37:01 PM »

I use twitter as a way to link to baseball stories. I rarely tweet anything and never anything of value.
Should we maybe tweet out a list of new threads and active threads?

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9: August 17, 2018, 05:42:38 PM »
@natsfanforum is available if someone wants me to snag it.
Sadly @wnff is taken.

Offline Panther Modern

• Hitting is not about muscle. It's simple physics.
« Reply #10: August 17, 2018, 09:59:56 PM »
I'm on Twitter all the time. I don't know many forums active in the platform. What would this account tweet?

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #11: August 17, 2018, 10:39:46 PM »
I'm on Twitter all the time. I don't know many forums active in the platform. What would this account tweet?

The president of course. :mg:

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #12: August 17, 2018, 10:48:48 PM »
On occasion if I have something too long for Twitter I post it on WNFF and link it from Twitter. Doesn't have to be an official account to post an interesting link. The Nats board on Reddit Tweets out links to every new thread but they aren't as OCD about grouping everything into a dozen mega threads.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #13: August 18, 2018, 07:21:37 AM »
Twitter is a river of toxic sludge. I don’t see any benefit to inviting twitter to join this board, which is what happens when. You broadcast like that. Not saying to hide the board or close membership, but just making people have the idea on their own and google a bit will weed out a lot of the sludge. We already have plenty of trollls. Don’t need more.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14: August 18, 2018, 08:20:44 AM »
What I thought we'd do is tweet out new threads and a list of main board active threads over a period of time (say, 6 hours or 24 hours).  I suppose if Reddit is doing that then there's not much of a reason for us to do it.

dcPatti's point about twitter maybe leading to more trolling might be something to think about.  I don't know if we could moderate a lot more posts.  I think the board has some settings to knock down spam posts, but The Chief, Tom, Squab and I often just let the board go unmoderated and just react when we do log in.  Plus, our trolls are the best trolls!  The DC Bar has been offering Slate admission without even having gone to law school because he can argue against any position!

Offline Panther Modern

• Hitting is not about muscle. It's simple physics.
« Reply #15: August 18, 2018, 02:02:33 PM »
Twitter has become nothing more than an echo chamber for trolls and toxic people. There really doesn't seem to be a point for the board to have a Twitter account when, as someone already said, reddit takes care of posting links and other things.

I didn't find this board through some mundane Twitter thread. I found it through Google, which should be the case for all potential members.