Author Topic: Pot nats vs Myrtle Beach Pelicans  (Read 745 times)

Offline RichMinSC

Pot nats vs Myrtle Beach Pelicans
« Topic Start: June 30, 2018, 06:37:10 PM »
Hope this is in the right place so that thread Nazi doesn't get pissed off---------then again I don't care

Watching MB/Pot and the MB broadcasters (who make fP/ Carp sound like VinScully)  were going on and on raving about Potomac catcher a new draft pick named Barrera  said might already be one of the best Carolina League catchers. Then after his at bat they segued into raves about Soto who as we know went low Hi a AA and MLB starter in about 6 weeks. They actually said "don't see him going back to the minor. They also said the whole National (P) team was "loaded.. Just perspective from a different organization. probably go see them in person tomorrow (when the 4 yo grandson is here)

Offline Natsinpwc

Re: Pot nats vs Myrtle Beach Pelicans
« Reply #1: June 30, 2018, 06:42:09 PM »
Hope this is in the right place so that thread Nazi doesn't get pissed off---------then again I don't care

Watching MB/Pot and the MB broadcasters (who make fP/ Carp sound like VinScully)  were going on and on raving about Potomac catcher a new draft pick named Barrera  said might already be one of the best Carolina League catchers. Then after his at bat they segued into raves about Soto who as we know went low Hi a AA and MLB starter in about 6 weeks. They actually said "don't see him going back to the minor. They also said the whole National (P) team was "loaded.. Just perspective from a different organization. probably go see them in person tomorrow (when the 4 yo grandson is here)
Actually Rich there is a section when you are at the home page labeled "The Farm".  Believe it or not that, it's not about farming but for threads about the Nats farm system and prospects.   

Don't see a thread on Barrera; here are his MILB stats thus far.  Sixth round choice in 2016.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=barrer000tre

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #2: June 30, 2018, 06:45:33 PM »
Actually Rich there is a section when you are at the home page labeled "The Farm".  Believe it or not that, it's not about farming but for threads about the Nats farm system and prospects.   

well that explains why I haven't gotten any assistance in that forum for growing my cucumbers this year.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #3: June 30, 2018, 07:04:38 PM »

Moved to "the Farm".

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #4: June 30, 2018, 07:05:45 PM »
well that explains why I haven't gotten any assistance in that forum for growing my cucumbers this year.

:crackup:

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #5: June 30, 2018, 07:05:51 PM »
Moved to "the Farm".

Should’ve been deleted.  :hysterical:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #6: June 30, 2018, 07:11:05 PM »
Should’ve been deleted.  :hysterical:

I deleted all the potty humor posts.  To the perpetrators, you were off topic. 

How about don't make me work so hard or there will be a timeout.  Trying to watch a ballgame here.   

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #7: June 30, 2018, 07:12:16 PM »

How about don't make me work so hard or there will be a timeout.   

are you freaking serious?

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #8: June 30, 2018, 08:00:19 PM »
I deleted all the potty humor posts.   

Are threats potty humor? :shrug:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9: June 30, 2018, 08:18:16 PM »
That’s two threats by my count.  :shrug:

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #10: June 30, 2018, 08:24:36 PM »
That’s two threats by my count.  :shrug:

One too many imo

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #11: June 30, 2018, 10:31:49 PM »
Are threats potty humor? :shrug:
we are addressing it. first, a cool down period.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #12: July 01, 2018, 02:32:22 PM »
we are addressing it. first, a cool down period.
:thumbs:

Scraps

« Reply #13: July 01, 2018, 09:22:21 PM »

Looking forward to hearing your scouting report on the game Uncle Rich.

While following a family member  around in the Gulf Coast League I saw a pretty good young pitcher for the Nationals rookie team throwing over at Port St. Lucie. I believe his name was Leif Strom. A Junior College kid from Washington State, 6’6” tall, 200-210lbs, has a loose arm, a 94-95 mph fastball,  very good mound presence and command of at least 3 pitches one being a nice change-up that I could tell from a side view. He was apparently on a rehab so he should eventually  fit right in with the Nationals organization.  :lol:
I wonder if he is related to Brent Strom the pitching coach for the Astros and once pitching coordinator  with the Nationals/Expos organization  at some point in his career?.... I would think yes maybe?  FYI Brent Strom pitched in the Big Leagues and was one the first to have Tommy John surgery back in 1978.