Author Topic: Sept call-up question  (Read 1111 times)

natslive

Sept call-up question
« Topic Start: August 07, 2005, 11:14:45 AM »
will we be able to do Sept callups if MLB still owns the team?  If I recall correctly (Ken or someone else correct me if I am wrong here) last year we were not allowed to because MLB owned the team and it was all about money.....

Montcobaseball

Sept call-up question
« Reply #1: August 07, 2005, 11:31:10 AM »
Of course we will.  Just because MLB owns the team doesn't mean that the rules have been suspended for Washington,

natslive

Sept call-up question
« Reply #2: August 07, 2005, 11:37:15 AM »
they did suspend the rules (aka the folks who owned the team - aka MLB didn't want to spend the money) last year which is why I was asking - I know it sounds ridiculous and I thought it was but from what I recall that's what happened (that's why I am hoping Ken or someone else can either confirm or set me straight that it didn't happen

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Re: Sept call-up question
« Reply #3: August 07, 2005, 01:18:15 PM »
Quote from: "natslive"
will we be able to do Sept callups if MLB still owns the team?  If I recall correctly (Ken or someone else correct me if I am wrong here) last year we were not allowed to because MLB owned the team and it was all about money.....

Last year, they weren't allowed September call-ups, because they knew the team was moving after the season, and I'm pretty sure they already had an inkling that Minaya was getting ready to go to the Mets. With the team moving, it was just easier to not allow call-ups.

This year, they have an established home, and call-ups will be part of the normal team operations...

natslive

Re: Sept call-up question
« Reply #4: August 07, 2005, 04:39:21 PM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
Quote from: "natslive"

Last year, they weren't allowed September call-ups, because they knew the team was moving after the season, and I'm pretty sure they already had an inkling that Minaya was getting ready to go to the Mets. With the team moving, it was just easier to not allow call-ups.

This year, they have an established home, and call-ups will be part of the normal team operations...

thanks Ken.....now let's hope that Frank will play the young kids when they do get called up.....can't do any worse than we are now