Author Topic: Stanley Cup Parade/Celebration June 12, 2018  (Read 4182 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Stanley Cup Parade/Celebration June 12, 2018
« Topic Start: June 11, 2018, 12:20:26 PM »
For and about the parade/celebration.   Are ya goin'?     How ya goin'?   Tips on goin'.    Where ya goin'?    If ya have a device that downloads pictures, snap 'em during the event and post 'em here.    Do play by play, after action reports, etc.    Let's revel in it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dr-gridlock/wp/2018/06/11/the-caps-stanley-cup-parade-heres-everything-you-need-to-know/?utm_term=.48df1b5ed15a

https://wtop.com/dc/2018/06/your-guide-to-the-capitals-victory-parade/

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness

I plan to be there.  Look for me...I'll be the guy wearing red...

Offline mitlen

I plan to be there.  Look for me...I'll be the guy wearing red...

I'll be there as well.   I'll be the older guy in red.    Thinkin' about gettin' off the subway at Foggy Bottom, headin' to Constitution, and workin' my way toward the stage on 7th ST.    I plan on gettin' in the parade at some point.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
https://es.pn/2sZplPc  ESPN article on Ovie. Well worth a read.

I’m at another conference this week and won’t be going.   Not sure it will top Saturday at Nats park anyway. :)

Offline mitlen

https://es.pn/2sZplPc  ESPN article on Ovie. Well worth a read.

I’m at another conference this week and won’t be going.   Not sure it will top Saturday at Nats park anyway. :)

I'm sure the conference will be a barn burner.    :)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Yep, definitely recording that

Offline mitlen

Yep, definitely recording that

I'm gettin' up around 5 to shower, vote, etc. but I'm gonna try to make it.    I see a couple of coffees or a 5 Hour Energy in the AM.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
I'll be there as well.   I'll be the older guy in red.    Thinkin' about gettin' off the subway at Foggy Bottom, headin' to Constitution, and workin' my way toward the stage on 7th ST.    I plan on gettin' in the parade at some point.

That's going to be quite the hike. :shock:

Offline mitlen

That's going to be quite the hike. :shock:

Good infantry training and clean living.    :)    I have a few stops to make along the way.       Just hope I don't deaden the legs for 18 holes walkin' on Thursday.   Of course that wouldn't affect my game anyway.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Caps and the Cup are on Jimmy Fallon/Tonight Show tonight.

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2018/06/10/alex-ovechkin-braden-holtby-and-the-stanley-cup-will-appear-on-the-tonight-show-starring-jimmy-fallon-on-monday/

I hope he enters with that thing up over his head like it has been since Thursday.   Except for when he takes a nap and snuggles with it, of course.    :hysterical:

Offline mitlen

I hope he enters with that thing up over his head like it has been since Thursday.   Except for when he takes a nap and snuggles with it, of course.    :hysterical:

I got a feelin' they're (Caps) gonna have a bit with Jimmy Fallon and the Cup.   

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

he's got a demonstrated track record of superb, confident acting and singing. 

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Those were classic but the Paisano's "what choo want" ads take the craft and make it an art
he's got a demonstrated track record of superb, confident acting and singing. 

Offline mitlen

Stay focused on the parade and celebration.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Gonna leave my Eastern Motors hooptie at home and walk down to the parade  :P

Offline mitlen

Gonna leave my Eastern Motors hooptie at home and walk down to the parade  :P

:lol:

Online imref

DHS estimating between 100k and 500k people tomorrow according to a friend. I wonder if they will allow un scheduled leave for the government.

Online imref

I imagine they will be remote, right? And not going to nyc and back today?

Offline mitlen

DHS estimating between 100k and 500k people tomorrow according to a friend. I wonder if they will allow un scheduled leave for the government.

That's a lot of riff-raff.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Is Federal Triangle open?  If you silver / orange / blue in, it is half a block down 12th to the parade route. 

Offline Natsinpwc

Heard on NHL Network that Bruce Still No Cup for My Cup Holder Boudreau makes $3 million per year. Barry Hot Lap Trotz makes $1.5 million.  WTF. Get the extended for as long as he wand and pay the man.

Offline mitlen

Is Federal Triangle open?  If you silver / orange / blue in, it is half a block down 12th to the parade route. 

As of now, all stations are open.   WMATA and MPD said they'll make changes as necessary  ....  entry/exit only into some stations, etc.

Offline mitlen

Heard on NHL Network that Bruce Still No Cup for My Cup Holder Boudreau makes $3 million per year. Barry Hot Lap Trotz makes $1.5 million.  WTF. Get the extended for as long as he wand and pay the man.

I look forward to givin' him a cheer tomorrow.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
I imagine they will be remote, right? And not going to nyc and back today?

I saw a picture of them on a plane headed to NYC.