Author Topic: Bowden please do something!  (Read 2204 times)

Offline rileyn

Bowden please do something!
« Topic Start: August 06, 2005, 10:42:06 PM »
Quote from: "esoteric"
Quote from: "rileyn"
Kenzafan has been calling for Watson, and I'm going to have to jump on that train.  I have never seen him play, but canNOT be any worse that Church right now.  Also, you can't tell me that Wilson is a better player than Byrd.  (Unfortunately I think we are stuck with Wilson as they will not give up on him).  

Despite Vinny's homer tonight he needs time on the DL.  Throw Blanco in there......anybody.....to play 3B along with Carroll and Baerga.  

A real shake up is needed.  Even though we have played like crap since July 4, we are still only one game out.  That is what makes this so frustrating.  

Bottom line, I'm afraid of what moves Bowden might pull next.  Everything he touches seems to turn to crap right now.

It's the fact that we're still SO FRIGGIN' CLOSE that gives me heartburn.  If I could just toss my hands up and say "okay, next year" then I could return to watching the games without risking an aneurysm, and the boys could go out and play for pride rather than pressure, experiment by calling up some prospects, etc.  But for whatever reason we refuse to fall out of the running.

Not only that, all of a sudden the Astros lose 3 in a row and we are unable to take advantage of this opening.  Also, the Astros may finally be cooling off a bit right now and we go to Houston for a huge series this week without having to face Clemens and Oswalt.  The Nats have been given every freakin' chance to win this damn thing, but they keep tripping over themselves.  As a result, I'm miserable.