Author Topic: Where is Ryan Zimmerman helping/hurting us? (2018)  (Read 34686 times)

Offline dcpatti

Re: The face of the franchise
« Reply #150: April 14, 2018, 04:47:52 PM »
But the thread would contain over 90% of the posts

Sounds efficient to me!

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: The face of the franchise
« Reply #151: April 14, 2018, 05:28:23 PM »
One man's bullcrap is another man's manure.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

Offline ChiliPalmer14

• 2019 was neat
Amputation.

Both arms?  If so would he still strikeout less frequently than Taylor?

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
What's the latest on his injury?

Flesh wound.

Offline LoveAngelos

We'll call it a draw

Offline rileyn

Please send Zimm to extended spring training with Murphy.  Just admit his selfish stunt to not participate in any games this spring was a mistake.  Get him out of the 4 spot.  Painful to watch

Offline UMDNats

He looks completely cooked.

Offline LoveAngelos

Zimm is done

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Please send Zimm to extended spring training with Murphy.  Just admit his selfish stunt to not participate in any games this spring was a mistake.  Get him out of the 4 spot.  Painful to watch

Defensive range is gone as well.

Offline rileyn

Defensive range is gone as well.
Great point.  I thought he could have had Blackmon's double down the line.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
Great point.  I thought he could have had Blackmon's double down the line.

Certainly looked as though he should have...

Offline mitlen

Is it my eyesight or does he look to have a panche goin' on?     The shot from center field on his at bats make it look like his belt is hangin' low in front  ....   

Offline LoveAngelos

Dr Joe Gibbs please examin Zimmerman

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

That's a I thought but I haven't seen a replay.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
That's a I thought but I haven't seen a replay.

The shot from the outfield down the line made it look like he blew it...

Offline aspenbubba

I don't believe I have ever jumped on Zimm but at this juncture not only should he not being batting fourth with a .122 average but I think a DL stint is the only solution. Let him get his 20 games in at Syracuse and bring up Reynolds.

Offline Natsstatsman

Some LOB stats for Zimmerman, copied from 2018 Batter's Box topic.

Zimmerman left 5 men on base during his At Bats today (4/15) vs. the ROX, which translated to 4 of the team's 8 LOBs for the game.  Zim now has 37 LOBs in 16 games as a batter.  That works out to over 2.31 LOBs for each game.  Zim's LOB stats get even more gruesome when only looking at games where he started (11), where he has 34 LOBs.  That calculates to over 3.09 LOBs each game.  Curious as to what Zim's LOBs are as a #4 batter?  He has 33 LOBs in the 10 games he has started as the #4 batter.  That yields 3.30 LOBs for each game at the #4 spot.  (Zim has 1 LOB in 1 game at the #5 spot.)  With Montero having been let go, Zim has the lowest batting average of any position player on the team at .122.  It is even lower than 4 of the 5 starting pitchers; Gonzalez is lower (without a hit).

Offline mitlen

Zimmerman left 5 men on base during his At Bats today (4/15) vs. the ROX, which translated to 4 of the team's 8 LOBs for the game.  Zim now has 37 LOBs in 16 games as a batter.  That works out to over 2.31 LOBs for each game.  Zim's LOB stats get even more gruesome when only looking at games where he started (11), where he has 34 LOBs.  That calculates to over 3.09 LOBs each game.  Curious as to what Zim's LOBs are as a #4 batter?  He has 33 LOBs in the 10 games he has started as the #4 batter.  That yields 3.30 LOBs for each game at the #4 spot.  (Zim has 1 LOB in 1 game at the #5 spot.)  With Montero having been let go, Zim has the lowest batting average of any position player on the team at .122.  It is even lower than 4 of the 5 starting pitchers; Gonzalez is lower (without a hit).

That is staggering.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

The wild pitch saved Zimmerman from two more LOB.

Offline Natsstatsman

Yes, indeed.  The ROX tried to give the game to the Nats twice that way, but alas the Nats were more generous to the ROX.  "A" to Michael A. Taylor for individual effort in the game, though.

Offline van lingle mungo

Need to shake things up a bit. 50 AB's is not a small sample size and .122 hitters are sucky cleanup hitters. Drop him down and maybe go Turner-Kendrick-Harper-Adams-Weiters at 1-2-3-4-5 until he comes around and/or Murphy and Rendon get healthy again. Might take some immediate pressure off him while at the same time stressing the need for improvement. Nats had 18 LOB today. That's beyond effing awful.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness

Waiting for someone to chime in with..."But his BABIP" and/or "He's just been unlucky."

Offline mitlen

Waiting for someone to chime in with..."But his BABIP" and/or "He's just been unlucky."

How 'bout the "100 at bats" thing?

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
How 'bout the "100 at bats" thing?

Oh yeah...that too...