Author Topic: WNFF March Madness Bracket  (Read 666 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
WNFF March Madness Bracket
« Topic Start: March 13, 2018, 02:37:23 AM »
If anyone is interested I started a WNFF bracket group on the ESPN bracket challenge.

http://games.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2018/en/group?groupID=2547393

Group Name: WNFF
Password: Harper34

Only prize will be bragging rights and pride. Hopefully we can get a good turnout. Let me know if you have questions?

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Re: WNFF March Madness Bracket
« Reply #1: March 13, 2018, 08:06:10 AM »
In!

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #2: March 13, 2018, 08:33:00 AM »
I'm in as espn63783734 1...don't ask...

My VaRK entry didn't take as my computer is running WAY slow this morning...so disregard it...lucky the espn63783734 1 one did.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #3: March 13, 2018, 04:32:36 PM »
I'm in, I'm either "win4skippy" or ESPNFAN57470317. 

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #4: March 13, 2018, 05:48:40 PM »
Wnff is still on CBS I believe

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #5: March 13, 2018, 10:50:47 PM »
Wnff is still on CBS I believe

Yes there was a CBS Sports Mayhem league that I'd run for years. It used an Add Seed provision, which added points for picking upsets. I could also use League Manager power to add brackets published by celebrities.

But the free email provider I used to create it ended all service last year. I tried to change the email address today and CBS would not let me do it. I sent their customer service an email asking them to change the email or the league would be moved to ESPN. After 12 hours, I still have not heard from CBS Sports. Unfortunately, the old league contained all the email addresses, which allowed me to send automatic Invites to past participants.

I joined the ESPN league created by bluestreak, and recommend everyone else do the same. It's easier to sign up on ESPN, once you have a user ID.

I sent a Private Message (PM) to those who participated in the WNFF CBS bracket last year, who did not post above:

CALSGR8
imref - (2017 champion)       
Lintyfresh85
nats2playoffs - signed up
skippy1999 - signed up
Sportsfan882

EDIT: Also sent it to those who participated in 2016:
HalfSmokes
RobDibblesGhost

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #6: March 14, 2018, 08:05:19 PM »
I'm in.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #7: March 14, 2018, 08:06:46 PM »

Another free Bracket game to enter in the Washington DC area:
The NBC Sports Bracket Challenge, from the Washington DC site, which took over Comcast Sportsnet.

1. Register to play.
2. Make your picks. Deadline: pick your bracket by 15 minutes prior to the start of the first game on noon Thursday March 15, 2018.
3. Compete
against your friends and NBC Sports Washington's Tony Massenburg & Walt Williams for a chance to WIN!
http://nbcsportswashington.collegehoops.upickem.net/collegebasketball/registration/login.asp

Grand Prize: If you have the highest-scoring bracket in the NBC Sports Washington Bracket Challenge, you will win four (4) lower Wizards tickets to the April 10, 2018 Celtics @ Wizards game, an autographed Bradley Beal jersey and a 60” 4K TV!*

Secondary Prize: If your bracket scores higher than both Tony and Walt, you'll get a coupon code for a free regular Jersey Mike's sub!* (In previous years, it was a free PapaJohns one-topping large pizza.)

NOTE: The NBC Sports Washington bracket displays different statistics than ESPN, when you put the mouse pointer over each pick. It gives the detailed offensive statistics for each team. That can be useful in evaluating your ESPN picks. (Example: one team is poor at foul shooting.)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #8: March 17, 2018, 10:59:08 AM »
We need a women's tournament pool too...

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #9: March 17, 2018, 03:20:46 PM »
We need a women's tournament pool too...

NCAA WOMEN'S TOURNAMENT FIRST ROUND
14-Seed American University (Washington, DC, 26-6, 16-2 Patriot League) vs. 3-Seed UCLA (24-7, 14-4 Pac-12)
Saturday, March 17, 2018 ·  3:30 p.m. ET (3:45 p.m. ET tip)  ·  Los Angeles, Calif. (Pauley Pavilion)
All-Time Record: First Meeting
TV: ESPN2/ESPN3 The game will air live on ESPN2 to fans located in California and the Washington DC area (DCMdVa). All other states will have whip-around coverage. Fans can also stream the game on WatchESPN.
Broadcasters: Tiffany Greene (play-by-play) and Chiney Ogwumike (analyst)

The American Eagles extended their record-breaking season to 26-6 overall (16-2 Patriot League) after the 58-49 victory over Navy on Sunday to win the program's second Patriot League Tournament title. The UCLA Bruins (24-7, 14-4 Pac-12) enter the NCAA First Round contest after falling to Oregon in the Pac-12 Tournament semifinal round, 65-62. The American University women's basketball team will make its second NCAA Tournament appearance in four years. 

SCOUTING THE EAGLES
American earned its second Patriot League title in four years after a 58-49 victory over Navy on Sunday. Junior Cecily Carl led the team with 20 points while senior Emily Kinneston was limited to 14 points, 10 of which came during the fourth quarter after she went 6-for-6 from the line. AU shot 17-for-50 from the field (.340), 6-for-16 from the perimeter (.375) and 18-for-21 (.857) from the line. Kinneston closed the Patriot League slate as the only player in the league to lead her team in both scoring (15.8 ppg) and assists (4.3 apg). Carl, who leads the team in rebounding with 8.3 rpg, also ranks second in scring with 12.9 ppg. AU was among the top defensive teams in the Patriot League, holding its opponents to only 57.4 ppg (.353). The Eagles average 14.5 assists and only 12.8 turnovers per game.

SCOUTING THE BRUINS
UCLA, ranked ninth in the country in the latest AP and USA Today polls, fell to a late Oregon rally during the semifinal of the Pac-12 tournament on Saturday, 65-62. UCLA has a seven-game win streak at home in Pauley Pavilion. This is the 15th tournament appearance for the Bruins with an all-time record of 15-14. The last time UCLA fell in the first round was to Minnesota on March 21, 2004 (92-81). The Bruins average 75.1 ppg off 42.6 percent shooting from the field while holding their opponents to 62.4 ppg and 38.6 percent shooting.

THE LAST TIME IN THE TOURNEY
This marks the second time that AU has earned a berth in the NCAA Tournament. The first was during the 2014-15 season when The 14th-seeded AU women's team put up a tough battle against third-seeded Iowa in the first round of the tournament, but eventually fell to the host Hawkeyes, 75-67.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #10: April 02, 2018, 11:35:09 PM »
Congrats to PWC...

As someone who cares little about basketball, and knows even less, I feel pretty sassy about finishing second amongst this esteemed group...

Going for the win next year...  ;)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #11: April 02, 2018, 11:47:17 PM »
Congrats to PWC...

As someone who cares little about basketball, and knows even less, I feel pretty sassy about finishing second amongst this esteemed group...

Congrats!!

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #12: April 03, 2018, 06:36:29 AM »
Don't let your head get too big, for some years are more random than others

Congrats to PWC...

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #13: April 03, 2018, 07:00:55 AM »
Thanks to Blueatreak for starting this and Nats2playoffs for the other notices.

I mostly would like to thank the weak competition.  :hysterical:

I like to think I know something about college basketball but that usually doesn't help me.