Author Topic: 2018 Nats tickets to buy, sell, trade  (Read 10083 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
2018 Nats tickets to buy, sell, trade
« Topic Start: February 28, 2018, 08:47:44 PM »
thought I'd start a thread on this for this season.  I don't have anything right now, but if you are looking for SPH partners, need to dump tickets, or are looking to pick some up, post in this thread.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Re: 2018 Nats tickets to buy, sell, trade
« Reply #1: February 28, 2018, 08:56:11 PM »
If some of your partners are looking for non Red Sox tickets I might be able to help. Haven't had much luck finding partners.  New SPH, new to the area and minimal interest at work.  Really sucks they ended their partnership with Split Season Tickets.  Two in Section 116, row AA. 

If it works out they save a couple bucks while helping a brother out.
copying this here for afscotch.  PM him if you want more info or are looking to join a group.

Offline afscotch

« Reply #2: February 28, 2018, 09:14:11 PM »
copying this here for afscotch.  PM him if you want more info or are looking to join a group.

Thank you!

Section 116, Row AA
2 seats

Trying to add a few partners to our full season group and there is still a decent selection of games available.  Our general rule to keep it fair and avoid cherry pickers is one 'regular' game for each prime/marquee game. 

Opening Day, Red Sox, and Yankees are already claimed

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3: February 28, 2018, 09:20:43 PM »
Me too.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #4: February 28, 2018, 09:24:51 PM »
I think I'm going to let someone in my group buy my all-star seats, but will be on the lookout for a single to just get in the park and enjoy the ambience.

Offline wj73

« Reply #5: March 01, 2018, 09:34:33 AM »
OK, I’ll start. Will pay substantially over face value for 2 ASG tix - 300 sections preferred. Would love to buy from someone here so we can save seller/buyer StubHub fees.   

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #6: March 01, 2018, 12:13:56 PM »
I think I'm going to let someone in my group buy my all-star seats, but will be on the lookout for a single to just get in the park and enjoy the ambience.
You think there's interest? It's seemed pretty quiet. Crickets. :)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #7: March 01, 2018, 02:55:33 PM »
You think there's interest? It's seemed pretty quiet. Crickets. :)

no, we have 3 competing for 1 set.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #8: March 01, 2018, 02:59:18 PM »
Good news.
no, we have 3 competing for 1 set.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #9: March 01, 2018, 08:28:11 PM »
This was put together by Kalicki on Reddit.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #10: March 01, 2018, 08:57:15 PM »
This was put together by Kalicki on Reddit.

(Image removed from quote.)

I think it requires some explaining.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #11: March 01, 2018, 09:03:49 PM »
I think it requires some explaining.

It's a single game ticket coupon code matrix. The best code to use based on the price level for the game (regular, prime, marquee), and section in the park. No one should ever buy a single game ticket without using the best coupon code. I've asked him to update his matrix once the Junior Nats Club code goes live, it is often the best code.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #12: March 01, 2018, 09:07:50 PM »
It's a single game ticket coupon code matrix. The best code to use based on the price level for the game (regular, prime, marquee), and section in the park. No one should ever buy a single game ticket without using the best coupon code. I've asked him to update his matrix once the Junior Nats Club code goes live, it is often the best code.

Cool, thanks.  I rarely buy single game seats so wasn't privy to the code/pricing.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13: March 02, 2018, 10:18:28 AM »
so are you saying the SPH deal  is never the best deal, or is it not there because it is no code?  Also, to use the GOV18 code, do you need to show someone in your group has a government i.d.?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #14: March 02, 2018, 10:39:47 AM »
so are you saying the SPH deal  is never the best deal, or is it not there because it is no code?  Also, to use the GOV18 code, do you need to show someone in your group has a government i.d.?

Good question, the guy who compiled this did not include the SPH discounts. But in my experience, these coupon codes are better than the SPH discount. You would have to check for a particular game/section.

I'm pretty sure that that the GOV code is open to anyone, although I could be wrong. There is a military code where you have to be verified.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15: March 02, 2018, 11:04:57 AM »
also, do the "+" indicate first ticket is one price and companion ticket is cheaper?  Take regular game, baseline reserved.  It looks like NCMEC is $45, but the green code is GOV18, which is $52 + $15.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #16: March 02, 2018, 11:09:15 AM »
also, do the "+" indicate first ticket is one price and companion ticket is cheaper?  Take regular game, baseline reserved.  It looks like NCMEC is $45, but the green code is GOV18, which is $52 + $15.

The plus means that the second value listed is active on the ticket to be used at the concessions stand. So $52+15 means you pay the $52 and then you get a $15 credit to spend on hot dogs and beers (for that game only).

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #17: March 02, 2018, 06:06:33 PM »
so are you saying the SPH deal  is never the best deal.

At quick glance, the SPH price is the best. My seats are in Baseline Box at $50 for all games vs. $59 and $62 with discounts for Regular and Prime Games.

Offline afscotch

« Reply #18: March 03, 2018, 05:51:19 AM »
At quick glance, the SPH price is the best. My seats are in Baseline Box at $50 for all games vs. $59 and $62 with discounts for Regular and Prime Games.

Plus you don't have another $6 to $8 of fees added to each ticket. 

Offline HarperHappy

« Reply #19: March 03, 2018, 06:02:06 PM »
I have two sets of half season seats and looking to add another partner or two. Half plan A in 103 row G and half plan B in 106 row C. Most games still available at half season plan holder price of $31 per ticket. Playoff access as well if you do five or more games. More than happy to mix and match games from each plan. Access to exchange tickets and red carpet rewards as well. Shoot me a message if interested.

Offline HondoKillebrew

« Reply #20: March 04, 2018, 11:04:31 AM »

No Infield Gallery?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #21: March 04, 2018, 11:07:18 AM »
No Infield Gallery?

I think that some of the codes must include the Gallery but the guy who put this together didn't include every section. Typically I use the coupon codes to get the cheapest possible price, usually the Jr Nats club half price seats, and then flash my Nats Plus card to head down to better seats.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #22: March 04, 2018, 02:44:06 PM »

Good point. And while I do take advantage of the codes at times, they do limit you to certain sections of the park. And then there's the whole ethics thing..if every one used the teacher code, for example, actual teachers may get shut out.

Offline jensgt

« Reply #23: March 04, 2018, 04:56:19 PM »
I'd love to go to the Home Run Derby this year.  I think it would just be me.  I'm having a baby in mid May so I'm probably not getting to the stadium for any regular games but I think my husband is on board for kid duty to let me go to the HRD.  I've been trying to figure out what I'm looking at to get one seat in the 1--s sections.

Is it going to be ridiculously hard?  What kind of price should I be expecting?  I see there are already tickets online but I worry there are fakes.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #24: March 06, 2018, 10:36:14 AM »

Single game purchases via the Nats site charge the same fees, so the coupon codes will often be better prices. I used to buy single game seats from my ticket rep and he gave me the coupon code discounts, best of both worlds.