Author Topic: The “Curly W Commitment” — Nats new policies for a better fan experience  (Read 4631 times)

Offline dcpatti

https://www.mlb.com/nationals/fans/commitment

Noteworthy items:

-monthly “value days” with reduced admission and concessions (I’d guess it should just select concessions)

-concessions guarantee: if they run out of your item, you get a coupon for future use

-pre-load eCash onto your ticket for a 15% concession discount

And most notable:

Weather Guarantee  :clap:

(Old guarantee, still in place): If a game is postponed due to weather, any ticket purchased through nationals.com may be exchanged for a future game - whether you attended the game or not

*New for 2018* - If a game is delayed prior to the sixth inning for more than an hour due to weather, fans attending the game may exchange tickets purchased through nationals.com for a future game at the Nationals Park Box Office on the night of the game

*New for 2018* - If a game is delayed before the sixth inning for more than an hour due to weather, fans who did not attend the game may exchange tickets purchased through nationals.com for a future game, from a select list of available games

All these goodies apply to tickets you buy from nationals.com, so for SPH the biggest new goody is that weather guarantee and I gotta say, I like that one a whole lot.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Overall, I like this too. But a 15 percent discount for everyone with eCash?
1) this will make eCash lines longer
2) this is a major benefit of being a SPH (maybe the biggest). They are going to give it to everyone?

I love the rain delay policy. I also like the coupon for when they run out. Not because I want coupons, but because I think this much more likely that they will properly stock the concession stands.

Offline geneticlyperfct

It's not eCash, it's just loaded value tickets. Just like they've had for years that are a pain to scan and most cashiers hate them.

Offline dcpatti

Overall, I like this too. But a 15 percent discount for everyone with eCash?
1) this will make eCash lines longer
2) this is a major benefit of being a SPH (maybe the biggest). They are going to give it to everyone?

I love the rain delay policy. I also like the coupon for when they run out. Not because I want coupons, but because I think this much more likely that they will properly stock the concession stands.

They’ll just add more eCash lines or possibly have a separate Nats Plus Line. eCash is so much faster than normal cash or card. Other teams let you add concession cash to your ticket and it ends up being just like EZPass: 8 electronic lines and 2 cash/credit lines. I don’t think SPH will suffer long term from the influx of eCash users although there definitely can be some hiccups.

One big edge SPH will still have is the auto reload and the rollover. The single game purchasers who load $10 and spend $9.50 are probably gonna kiss that .50 goodbye, and the ones who load $10 and spend $19.50 don’t get a discount on the portion over the initial load. (This is just based on how it’s done in other parks so don’t quote m.)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Nice additions by the Nats. We are going to need some sort of hashtag alert when they run out of a concessions item so that we can all head over and get the coupons for the freebies.

You know I'll be looking to score some cheap Diamond Club tix when rain is forecast. Great chance to double dip on the food and drinks.

The one thing missing is a pledge to announce rain outs as soon as the decision is made. It was a gross display of disrespect for the fan base last year when the players were told about the cancellation an hour before the fans. In the age of Twitter the announcement should have been instant.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
It's not eCash, it's just loaded value tickets. Just like they've had for years that are a pain to scan and most cashiers hate them.

Most of their cashiers hate having customers of any kind, the job is much easier without them.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Most of their cashiers hate having customers of any kind, the job is much easier without them.

:spit:

Offline Natsinpwc

That's because you don't tip them 30%.  :mg:

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile

That's why I prefer the beer/cider service in the stands (I rarely buy food at the ballpark), especially since TBSITH (along with the 'N-A-T-S-Nats-Nats-Nats' section immediately adjacent) is normally served by some of the nicer vendors.

Offline Natsinpwc

That's why I prefer the beer/cider service in the stands (I rarely buy food at the ballpark), especially since TBSITH (along with the 'N-A-T-S-Nats-Nats-Nats' section immediately adjacent) is normally served by some of the nicer vendors.
How much do you tip them?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Who's willing to step up and cut the lines at District Drafts so we all can get coupons for free beer?

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile

Normally up to the next whole-number dollar.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I know a guy at the SEC, so I usually just provide insider information when I provide a tip.

Offline Natsinpwc

Normally up to the next whole-number dollar.
Usually a buck for me for a beer from a vendor.

Offline LoveAngelos

At most stadiums the concession workers are volunteers working to fund raise for their organization. The charity or organization gets a certain amount of money per hour pet worker for manning the stand. I don't think Nats Park uses that system though.

Offline dcpatti

At most stadiums the concession workers are volunteers working to fund raise for their organization. The charity or organization gets a certain amount of money per hour pet worker for manning the stand. I don't think Nats Park uses that system though.

I could only find a reference to the Indians doing this, through their concessions contract with Delaware North (similar company to Aramark and Sodexo), but it sounds like it’s only a small number of the overall workforce. Do you have a reference that has all the info in one place regarding which stadiums use this type of unpaid labor?

Offline LoveAngelos

Don't have a reference but from my own personal experience. I did it for a number of years at Cole Field House and Byrd stadium for the Kanigits  of Columbus. The Redskins called and asked us to work FedEx but the time commitment was massive so we declined. I know people who have done it for that run down trash heap where Angelos's team plays. Seems the spring training concession  stands are also staffed by volunteers.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
The two smoking areas outside of Nats Park won't be available next season. Which means more vaping in the seating areas and bathrooms.

Offline LoveAngelos

Those cape devices can blow up in a person's face and cause serious damage. Public Service  Announcement 6-34.6 sec.A (2)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

I could only find a reference to the Indians doing this, through their concessions contract with Delaware North (similar company to Aramark and Sodexo), but it sounds like it’s only a small number of the overall workforce. Do you have a reference that has all the info in one place regarding which stadiums use this type of unpaid labor?

I've seen select stands manned by volunteers at what is now called "Globe Life Park".   (Texas Rangers)

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
I saw that too.  It sounds like a big problem waiting to erupt, for the die hard smokers aren't going to give up their habit.  It will be like high school with smokers sneaking in their joints wherever possible.

The two smoking areas outside of Nats Park won't be available next season. Which means more vaping in the seating areas and bathrooms.

Offline LoveAngelos

More fights in the stands as smokers with nicotine  withdraw take out their frustrations on tobocco teetotalers

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Quite a policy the Revenue Chief has developed, wait until the week after single game ticket sales to announce changes that could impact sales.

Offline dcpatti

If the smoking policy impacts your decision to go to a baseball game, then I sure hope you don’t ever want to see Asia or Australia; if 3 hours for a baseball game is too long for you to refrain from smoking, then a 16-hour flight will be out of the question.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
If a no smoking policy doesn't affect sales then announce it the week before the single game ticket date instead of the week after.