Author Topic: 2018 Spring Training Discussion  (Read 14334 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: 2018 Spring Training Discussion
« Reply #50: February 28, 2018, 01:41:57 PM »
Although I imagine for someone that is on his feet for a living, it could be an extended recovery from minor surgery.

Shut him down.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #51: February 28, 2018, 06:13:39 PM »
Although I imagine for someone that is on his feet for a living, it could be an extended recovery from minor surgery.

There is a small incision on the top of the toe beside the nail. It’s totally healed in a couple of days, but you can exercise immediately after

Offline aBaltoNat

« Reply #52: March 01, 2018, 01:21:53 AM »
There is a small incision on the top of the toe beside the nail. It’s totally healed in a couple of days, but you can exercise immediately after

#peoplewhoactuallybelieveinjuryreports

It's obviously much worse.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #53: March 01, 2018, 10:11:21 AM »
Way different than it was when I was in high school and had the whole nail removed because it was ingrown. Took months to recover fully.

That sounds a little over the top, doesn't it.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #54: March 01, 2018, 10:12:38 AM »
Anyone else get the feeling we're gonna be kinda crappy this year? I just am terrified of a regression because Murphy is hurt, Zimm is hurt, Harper will try too hard, Stras regresses, Gio regresses, Max gets hurt, etc.

:panic:

Offline Monarch

« Reply #55: March 01, 2018, 10:29:45 AM »
Anyone else get the feeling we're gonna be kinda crappy this year? I just am terrified of a regression because Murphy is hurt, Zimm is hurt, Harper will try too hard, Stras regresses, Gio regresses, Max gets hurt, etc.

Its March 1 and you have a feeling that EVERYTHING will go wrong?

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #56: March 01, 2018, 10:31:27 AM »
Its March 1 and you have a feeling that EVERYTHING will go wrong?
When the Nats win the World Series and some will complain about the parade route.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57: March 01, 2018, 11:57:10 AM »
When the Nats win the World Series and some will complain about the parade route.

This would happen without question. I would bet my entire net worth on it.

Also, what will happen: Someone will respond to this post saying there is no way the Nats will win the WS.

Offline aBaltoNat

« Reply #58: March 01, 2018, 12:31:34 PM »
This would happen without question. I would bet my entire net worth on it.

Also, what will happen: Someone will respond to this post saying there is no way the Nats will win the WS.

Now way we will win the WS when EVERYTHING os going to go wrong!

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #59: March 01, 2018, 12:45:02 PM »

I think things could go wrong and the worst case is that we're still fighting for a playoff spot.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #60: March 01, 2018, 01:28:39 PM »
I think things could go wrong and the worst case is that we're still fighting for a playoff spot.

That's kind of my thinking, I feel pretty confident we'll be at least and 87-88 win team but there's a lot of concern for me about crap going wrong. I can't help but worry this is all going to blow up.

We're DC, after all.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #61: March 01, 2018, 01:33:41 PM »
Mathguy and Imref will complain about having the parade go by the Trump International Hotel, I'll say that duckboats should only be used if you go into the Charles River, dcpatti will say they should have had better food trucks, Blue911 will complain about not being able to drink in public (though it did not stop him), Mitlen will say Caesar had a better triumph after beating the Gauls, VaRK will complain about not allowing him to ride his motorcycle down Pennsylvania, Skippy will say it messed up her bowling night, Welch will say that if the Nationals had not moved to Minnesota, they would have won another world series with Harmon Killebrew, Slate will say this should have happened in 2012, Bluestreak will complain about the length of the speeches, and MDS and Ali will complain about the lack of places on the route to lock up their bikes.  Only person who will be content will houstonat, who will note that he once shared a mailbox with Anthony Rendon.  The Chief would complain, but nobody listens to dinosaurs.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #62: March 01, 2018, 01:35:35 PM »
Mathguy and Imref will complain about having the parade go by the Trump International Hotel, I'll say that duckboats should only be used if you go into the Charles River, dcpatti will say they should have had better food trucks, Blue911 will complain about not being able to drink in public (though it did not stop him), Mitlen will say Caesar had a better triumph after beating the Gauls, Welch will say that if the Nationals had not moved to Minnesota, they would have won another world series with Harmon Killebrew, Slate will say this should have happened in 2012, Bluestreak will complain about the length of the speeches, and MDS and Ali will complain about the lack of places on the route to lock up their bikes.  Only person who will be content will houstonat, who will note that he once shared a mailbox with Anthony Rendon.

:hysterical:

Skippy will be content too. :)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63: March 01, 2018, 01:37:11 PM »
:hysterical:

Skippy will be content too. :)
nah, it messed up her bowling night.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #64: March 01, 2018, 01:38:41 PM »
Mathguy and Imref will complain about having the parade go by the Trump International Hotel, I'll say that duckboats should only be used if you go into the Charles River, dcpatti will say they should have had better food trucks, Blue911 will complain about not being able to drink in public (thought it did not stop him), Mitlen will say Caesar had a better triumph after beating the Gauls, VaRK will complain about not allowing him to ride his motorcycle down Pennsylvania, Skippy will say it messed up her bowling night, Welch will say that if the Nationals had not moved to Minnesota, they would have won another world series with Harmon Killebrew, Slate will say this should have happened in 2012, Bluestreak will complain about the length of the speeches, and MDS and Ali will complain about the lack of places on the route to lock up their bikes.  Only person who will be content will houstonat, who will note that he once shared a mailbox with Anthony Rendon.  The Chief would complain, but nobody listens to dinosaurs.

POTY candidate

for the record i am prepared to complain the parade has too many people.

Offline imref

« Reply #65: March 01, 2018, 01:38:45 PM »

Offline LoveAngelos

« Reply #66: March 01, 2018, 01:42:10 PM »
I won't believe Eaton is ready to play until he rides the camel

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #67: March 01, 2018, 01:43:37 PM »
Mathguy and Imref will complain about having the parade go by the Trump International Hotel, I'll say that duckboats should only be used if you go into the Charles River, dcpatti will say they should have had better food trucks, Blue911 will complain about not being able to drink in public (though it did not stop him), Mitlen will say Caesar had a better triumph after beating the Gauls, VaRK will complain about not allowing him to ride his motorcycle down Pennsylvania, Skippy will say it messed up her bowling night, Welch will say that if the Nationals had not moved to Minnesota, they would have won another world series with Harmon Killebrew, Slate will say this should have happened in 2012, Bluestreak will complain about the length of the speeches, and MDS and Ali will complain about the lack of places on the route to lock up their bikes.  Only person who will be content will houstonat, who will note that he once shared a mailbox with Anthony Rendon.  The Chief would complain, but nobody listens to dinosaurs.

Gallia est omnis divisa in partes tres.    Ah, those were the days.    :old:

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #68: March 01, 2018, 01:44:37 PM »
POTY candidate

for the record i am prepared to complain the parade has too many people.

Slate will complain that it actually has people...  :P

Offline imref

« Reply #69: March 01, 2018, 01:59:24 PM »
Slate will complain that it actually has people...  :P

VarK will organize the post-parade WNFF meet-up!

Offline imref

« Reply #70: March 01, 2018, 02:00:28 PM »
Good outing for Cole today after a shaky 1st: 2 IP, 2HA, 1B, 3Ks, no runs allowed.

Voth is getting lit up now.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #71: March 01, 2018, 02:15:23 PM »
VarK will organize the post-parade WNFF meet-up!

Only if we can charge everyone else admission...   :$$$:

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #72: March 01, 2018, 03:47:39 PM »
Eagles and Phillies parades were bigger.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73: March 01, 2018, 05:38:11 PM »
Eagles and Phillies parades were bigger.
and they served cincinatti chili at the parade! :spaz:

Offline imref

« Reply #74: March 02, 2018, 02:56:35 PM »
Robles just went yard. Now hitting .375 with a 1.100 OPS this spring.