Author Topic: Nationals end relationship with Mike Isabella  (Read 1526 times)

Offline dcpatti

Kochix > Bon Chon, if you’re ever on Florida Ave or out in Alexandria where their stores are.

Offline Natsinpwc

Kochix > Bon Chon, if you’re ever on Florida Ave or out in Alexandria where their stores are.
Not a fan of Bon chon. Inferior chicken wrapped in too much breading.

Offline Slateman

I don't know where you go in the stadium, but there's a place to get hot dogs every 20 feet.

Online bluestreak

I don't know where you go in the stadium, but there's a place to get hot dogs every 20 feet.

Between his comments on the number of Nats fans at the playoffs and his comments on food in the stadium. I actually believe that LoveAngelos is visiting a different baseball park than the rest of us.

Offline Slateman

Between his comments on the number of Nats fans at the playoffs and his comments on food in the stadium. I actually believe that LoveAngelos is visiting a different baseball park than the rest of us.
Pretty sure he/she is living in a different dimension ...

Online HalfSmokes

It’s one of the only foods that you literally don’t even need to leave your seat to get. I wonder if he has trouble finding beer at a game too

Offline imref

• 1B: The New Hot Corner

will keep that in mind - thanks.

I usually get the BiBamBap for myself when I'm there, and eat whatever chicken the kids leave over.

Online LoveAngelos

Wow a bit touchy here some of youse.Are you sure you don't work for Mr.Ted?
Buying a dog in the stands is fine if you like soggy bun cold dogs.
I no doubt live in a separate  dimension than some and I am thankful for it.
Those crota of my food analysis I invite to take a walk with me around the lower bowl as we pass Nats dog stands with long lines next to fufu offering stand with no customers.One after another

Offline aBaltoNat

Wow a bit touchy here some of youse.Are you sure you don't work for Mr.Ted?
Buying a dog in the stands is fine if you like soggy bun cold dogs.
I no doubt live in a separate  dimension than some and I am thankful for it.
Those crota of my food analysis I invite to take a walk with me around the lower bowl as we pass Nats dog stands with long lines next to fufu offering stand with no customers.One after another

I have to admit I noticed this in both PHX and DEN last year. You really have to go to the main (long line) vendors to get a dog. But, you can get a cabbage wrapped in olive leaves pretty much anywhere with no wait.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I heard Bryce Harper is opening a vegetarian stand that sells things like fake GOAT.  Has one thing on the menu that comes close to what you'd expect for GOAT, but otherwise nothing close.

Online LoveAngelos

:hysterical:

Fake goat?
Cabbage wrapped in olive leaves?

Brother can you spare a hot dog

BTW will the day come when there will be $1 fake goat or cabbage wrapped in olive leaves night at the stadium????

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
I heard Bryce Harper is opening a vegetarian stand that sells things like fake GOAT.  Has one thing on the menu that comes close to what you'd expect for GOAT, but otherwise nothing close.

Fake goat?
Cabbage wrapped in olive leaves?

Brother can you spare a hot dog

BTW will the day come when there will be $1 fake goat or cabbage wrapped in olive leaves night at the stadium????

Gotta keep an eye on ol JCA.    He may be playin' with acronyms.

Online LoveAngelos

Hmmmm, an acronymian eh?

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
If you go to a lot of games you want as much variety when it comes to food and drinks as possible. Either that or just eat before you go.

Online bluestreak

Apparently they were planning on replacing two of the restaurants already with a Change Up Chicken and Hickory BBQ. Will have a replacement for G Sandwich Shop by opening day.

https://www.washingtonian.com/2018/03/26/nationals-park-planned-remove-two-mike-isabella-concession-stands-even-sexual-harassment-allegations/

Offline dcpatti

The Kapnos stand had really nice food, but it wasn't at all conducive to eating at a ballgame. Messy messy messy. I could see them not getting a ton of repeat customers. Not surprised it was already on its way out.

Offline machpost

I thought all of his food stands inside Nats Park were pretty hit or miss, with emphasis on the miss. The chicken parm sandwich from the actual G Sandwich Shop was great, but the version served at the ballpark was clearly assembled elsewhere and sat under a heat lamp for hours, making it pretty dry. I tried the Kapnos stand early on and the sandwich was also dry. The popcorn chicken and waffle fries from Catchfly was pretty great, though.

Online GburgNatsFan

Still nothing better than Max's. If they are open.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Still nothing better than Max's. If they are open.

If Amsterdam Falafel opened a shop at the park, Max's would be out of business by the ASG.

Offline imref

We need a Palestinian chicken place.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
If Amsterdam Falafel opened a shop at the park, Max's would be out of business by the ASG.
not familiar with it.  There was a list of several new / relatively new falafel places in the Express last November  - Charcoal Town Shawarma (2919 11th NW), Shawafel (1322 H NE), Falafel Inc (1210 Potomac St NW), Yaffa Grille (2 locations 1205 19th and 1400 I NW) and Naf Naf Grill (1875 K NW, suite 100).  Have you tried any of these?
Huh?

Online tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

I was thinking we could really use an Israeli burrito place, as well.

Offline imref

Huh?

Curb Your Enthusiasm, Season 8, Episode 3.

I was thinking we could really use an Israeli burrito place, as well.

They would have to be next to each other, right?

Offline Elvir Ovcina

Curb Your Enthusiasm, Season 8, Episode 3.

They would have to be next to each other, right?

Yes, except for the random workers the burrito joint installs in the chicken place in the middle of the night by removing a deep fryer or two and replacing it with a Chipotle-style assembly line surrounded by a floor-to-ceiling wall. 

Offline imref

Yes, except for the random workers the burrito joint installs in the chicken place in the middle of the night by removing a deep fryer or two and replacing it with a Chipotle-style assembly line surrounded by a floor-to-ceiling wall.