Author Topic: Opening Day in Cincinnati  (Read 5444 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: Opening Day in Cincinnati
« Reply #50: March 21, 2018, 10:25:37 AM »
When I looked a few days ago there were still standing room tickets available on the Reds web site at $35. And a few individual tickets for sale here and there.

I would expect that by the day before, or even morning of the game there will be quite a few seats come on the market as people experience last minute changes in plans, illness, conflicts etc ad try to get something for their seats.  No reason to move too early unless you get a decent deal now, or need to ensure getting a block together.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51: March 22, 2018, 04:27:57 PM »
One Week Away!!! The forecast doesn't look great. I am still debating when to pull the trigger on tickets. I imagine that prices will go down especially if the weather forecast doesn't improve. But I want to buy them Nowwwwwwww! :D

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

« Reply #52: March 23, 2018, 02:12:25 PM »
I'll be at the Saturday game.  Short drive from home in Louisville.

Offline awbb

« Reply #53: March 23, 2018, 03:43:20 PM »
One Week Away!!! The forecast doesn't look great. I am still debating when to pull the trigger on tickets. I imagine that prices will go down especially if the weather forecast doesn't improve. But I want to buy them Nowwwwwwww! :D

Just assume I am the devil on your shoulder. Do it ‘streak.

I’m starting to get depressed about another season of no live Nats. Next season I can flog into London to boo both the Rox and the Yanks by the looks of it, but since it’s those two teams, I will probably have to make an effort to get tickets when they go on sale and it’ll be difficult to work up the enthusiasm!

Still, at least MLB TV works out £8 cheaper this year!

Offline Nate Dogg

« Reply #54: March 26, 2018, 04:41:13 PM »
Will be there in my Ray Knight Mugshot shirt!!  Can't wait!!

Offline rileyn

« Reply #55: March 27, 2018, 07:03:09 AM »
100% chance of rain in Cincinnati on Thursday.  1/2 inch of rain.  Those of you planning to go probably should keep your Friday free.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56: March 27, 2018, 07:27:08 AM »
100% chance of rain in Cincinnati on Thursday.  1/2 inch of rain.  Those of you planning to go probably should keep your Friday free.

I had planned on flying out Friday Morning. I may just bag it at this point. I had purposely held off on buying tickets. Will be hard to swallow the airline change fee...

Offline Ray D

« Reply #57: March 27, 2018, 08:18:12 AM »
If they can't play Thursday, what time would they play Friday?  Not 4 I hope. Gonna mess up alot of sedars.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #58: March 27, 2018, 08:24:05 AM »
Bad karma because they changed the parade day.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #59: March 27, 2018, 08:24:45 AM »
100% chance of rain in Cincinnati on Thursday.  1/2 inch of rain. 
You can get a breakdown by hour:  https://weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/USOH0188:1:US
 by around 6pm today it will   cover through around 7pm.

Online hotshot

« Reply #60: March 27, 2018, 08:45:21 AM »
Ridiculous to be playing baseball in March or November.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #61: March 27, 2018, 09:12:05 AM »
Sorry to see peoples plans disrupted, but Friday works well for me.  I'll be in Boston. Red Sox play same time as Nats, so every tv in every sports bar will carry that game.  Friday, Nats/Reds may be the only game.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #62: March 27, 2018, 09:24:12 AM »
Ridiculous to be playing baseball in March or November.
April and October aren't so good in the north either.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #63: March 27, 2018, 09:28:36 AM »
I'm gettin' riled up to watch replays of WKRP.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #64: March 27, 2018, 09:40:21 AM »
I had planned on flying out Friday Morning. I may just bag it at this point. I had purposely held off on buying tickets. Will be hard to swallow the airline change fee...

Ask your friend Susan the frequent flyer to look up the load levels on your flight. I let all my tool subscriptions lapse when I stopped traveling for work, but she probably still has them all.  If your flight might be at capacity, go to the airport and hang around and see if they start looking for bump volunteers. Make sure your plane is big enough to be subject to the denied boarding rules though cause a lot of the planes into CVG are smaller commuter jets.  Turn that change fee into a $400 voucher, yo!

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #65: March 27, 2018, 09:40:57 AM »
I'm gettin' riled up to watch replays of WKRP.
The bad news is it's going to start raining any minute and last through Thursday. The good news is that it's not snow like we had over the weekend.

There is no WKRP here. There is a WKRC which is the CBS channel. Ken Broo is on there if you remember him. He also has a radio show here.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #66: March 27, 2018, 10:25:46 AM »
The bad news is it's going to start raining any minute and last through Thursday. The good news is that it's not snow like we had over the weekend.

There is no WKRP here. There is a WKRC which is the CBS channel. Ken Broo is on there if you remember him. He also has a radio show here.
Actually I had him on the wrong station.

https://www.wcpo.com/about-us/staff/ken-broo

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #67: March 27, 2018, 10:25:49 AM »
I was planning on going until my buddy talked me into going to San Antonio for the Final Four instead. I feel bad for those travelling there just for the game and having to deal with the weather.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #68: March 27, 2018, 10:50:10 AM »

I do remember Ken Broo.    BTW  There is a WKRP.    I saw it on TV.    :couch:

Offline tswphoto

• Sitting out the wave.
« Reply #69: March 27, 2018, 05:27:00 PM »
I've got airfare, hotel, and tickets for my son and I . . . might as well go, with the real possibility of having to extend the trip a day or two.  Thankfully Southwest doesn't charge change fees, although the flights available now on Saturday are lot more expensive than what I purchased.  Might have to rent a car and drive home!   

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #70: March 27, 2018, 05:29:33 PM »
I know. I have spoken with Venus Flytrap many times.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #71: March 27, 2018, 05:31:00 PM »
I've got airfare, hotel, and tickets for my son and I . . . might as well go, with the real possibility of having to extend the trip a day or two.  Thankfully Southwest doesn't charge change fees, although the flights available now on Saturday are lot more expensive than what I purchased.  Might have to rent a car and drive home!   

That's very cool no matter how it works out.   :thumbs:

Online hotshot

« Reply #72: March 27, 2018, 06:38:08 PM »

Ken Broo! There's a name from the past. Here's another -- Rene Knott? He's been in STL for a long time now.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #73: March 27, 2018, 06:41:41 PM »
Ken Broo! There's a name from the past. Here's another -- Rene Knott? He's been in STL for a long time now.

Channel 7 here

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #74: March 27, 2018, 06:55:15 PM »

No one has been or will be better than the late Glen Brenner.