Author Topic: Golf 2018  (Read 3149 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Golf 2018
« Reply #25: February 22, 2018, 02:11:15 PM »
Honda Classic starts today.      I was gonna golf today but the weather bummed me out after what we had on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Offline mitlen

Offline mitlen

« Reply #27: March 09, 2018, 12:17:31 PM »
Tiger's movin' to the lead at Valspar  ...

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #28: March 09, 2018, 09:23:02 PM »
Tiger's movin' to the lead at Valspar  ...
I see he ended up tied for second. Good show Tiger. Maybe he is really back this time.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #29: March 09, 2018, 09:28:15 PM »
I see he ended up tied for second. Good show Tiger. Maybe he is really back this time.

Tomorrow will show a lot about his progress.   Near the top, comin' back from "stuff", grindin'   ....  I'll be watchin'.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #30: March 10, 2018, 09:02:58 AM »
He’s in his 40s in a sport where physical conditioning now matters (ironically thanks to what he did to the sport in his 20s). I’m guessing he’s done being a real factor

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #31: March 10, 2018, 09:46:52 AM »
He’s in his 40s in a sport where physical conditioning now matters (ironically thanks to what he did to the sport in his 20s). I’m guessing he’s done being a real factor
Phil Mickelson is 47 and just won a tournament and has been on the top ten several times this year. He has had serious medical issues also. Tiger will not dominate like he used to but saying he won't be a factor seems too much to me.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #32: March 10, 2018, 01:53:53 PM »
Phil Mickelson is 47 and just won a tournament and has been on the top ten several times this year. He has had serious medical issues also. Tiger will not dominate like he used to but saying he won't be a factor seems too much to me.

Tiger startin' playin' mitlen golf  ...   in the flora on number one.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #33: March 10, 2018, 02:02:16 PM »
Tiger startin' playin' mitlen golf  ...   in the flora on number one.

I'm always in the flora but much much shorter.

It's still bloody cold here and muddy with all the rain and ice we have had but I hit the golf stores today.  I bought a Taylor used driver; senior flex and a 13 degree loft; my 10.5 degree loft driver had become useless so was using a 3 wood off the tee.  $50.  I usually slice but notice this was actually drawing.  Went to another store and bought a used Calloway Hybrid 3 for $60.  Was comfortable to hit with; regular flex but lighter than others so good for this old-timer.  My first hybrid so need to find the optimum place for my stance.  Plan to hit the range tomorrow to test these two clubs out.  About $120 total for the two with taxes seems reasonable for this duffer. 

Fore!

Offline mitlen

« Reply #34: March 10, 2018, 02:08:15 PM »
I'm always in the flora but much much shorter.

It's still bloody cold here and muddy with all the rain and ice we have had but I hit the golf stores today.  I bought a Taylor used driver; senior flex and a 13 degree loft; my 10.5 degree loft driver had become useless so was using a 3 wood off the tee.  $50.  I usually slice but notice this was actually drawing.  Went to another store and bought a used Calloway Hybrid 3 for $60.  Was comfortable to hit with; regular flex but lighter than others so good for this old-timer.  My first hybrid so need to find the optimum place for my stance.  Plan to hit the range tomorrow to test these two clubs out.  About $120 total for the two with taxes seems reasonable for this duffer. 

Fore!

I use a 9 degree Cleveland driver that I got when Sports Authority went out of business  ...  $50.    I have a 10 and 10 1/2 but I've found it doesn't matter.    :)     I was talkin' to the boyz at the local public course the other day.    Tellin' 'em about my mish/mash set of clubs.   They tell me a set of "play improvement" irons will help.    The consistency and quality of my game precludes that investment.    I had a tee time this coming Thursday morning.    Got an e-mail indicating they're spraying chemicals in the morning.    I called 'em and asked "What kind of chemicals are ya usin'?    I'm a professional in such things."     I changed my tee time to Thursday afternoon.    It's 45 or so here today with a bit of a breeze.     Hopin' for 60 by Thursday  ....  shorts kind of day.

What kind of golf stores do they have in Cincy?   We're down to Dick's and used to have Golfsmith's   ....  Golfsmith's is gone.    I guess online has taken a big bite out of everybody's business.    If you're good and need to be fitted, etc. there are places around.  If you're so-so,  online or shows is the way to go.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #35: March 10, 2018, 03:40:36 PM »
I use a 9 degree Cleveland driver that I got when Sports Authority went out of business  ...  $50.    I have a 10 and 10 1/2 but I've found it doesn't matter.    :)     I was talkin' to the boyz at the local public course the other day.    Tellin' 'em about my mish/mash set of clubs.   They tell me a set of "play improvement" irons will help.    The consistency and quality of my game precludes that investment.    I had a tee time this coming Thursday morning.    Got an e-mail indicating they're spraying chemicals in the morning.    I called 'em and asked "What kind of chemicals are ya usin'?    I'm a professional in such things."     I changed my tee time to Thursday afternoon.    It's 45 or so here today with a bit of a breeze.     Hopin' for 60 by Thursday  ....  shorts kind of day.

What kind of golf stores do they have in Cincy?   We're down to Dick's and used to have Golfsmith's   ....  Golfsmith's is gone.    I guess online has taken a big bite out of everybody's business.    If you're good and need to be fitted, etc. there are places around.  If you're so-so,  online or shows is the way to go.
Golf Exchange has several stores. I also went to Golf Galaxy which seems to be aligned with Dick's.

If you don't hit the ball solid it doesn't matter too much what you do. I think I tend to hit the driver towards the heel. Guy today was telling me that's the worst and I would be better missing towards the toe.

Tiger just holed a pitch from the rough. Drive for show and chip for dough.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #36: March 10, 2018, 03:43:44 PM »
Gold Exchange has several stores. I also went to Golf Galaxy which seems to be aligned with Dick's.

If you don't hit the ball solid it doesn't matter too much what you do. I think I tend to hit the driver towards the heel. Guy today was telling me that's the worst and I would be better missing towards the toe.

Tiger just holed a pitch from the rough. Drive for show and chip for dough.

He's in the mix.    I like my 9 degree around here in the summer.    It's like hittin' on asphalt and it rolls forever.    :)    I'm trying to watch a little of JCA's boyz   ...  they ain't doin' too well.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #37: March 10, 2018, 03:53:41 PM »
Hello Elrod.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #38: March 10, 2018, 11:33:37 PM »

Ever since Nicklaus won that amazing '86 Masters at 46 I'm a believer in what's possible.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #39: March 11, 2018, 02:20:02 PM »
Lot of reasons not to do it but I'd like to see 'em change partners after the front nine on Sunday.    Base it on the leader board.   One v two, etc.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #40: March 11, 2018, 05:36:21 PM »
Tiger's movin'.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #41: March 11, 2018, 05:55:15 PM »
Came up short but he's gotta be happy goin' into Bay Hill.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #42: March 16, 2018, 08:17:30 AM »
Came up short but he's gotta be happy goin' into Bay Hill.
Looks like he had a good start yeaterday. Might have to check in on that today.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #43: March 22, 2018, 12:30:01 PM »
It's like a split squad week for the PGA tour. The B squad is playing in Punta Cana.  Quite a beautiful cours and the weather looks perfect. I'm jealous. 

Offline mitlen

« Reply #44: March 22, 2018, 12:37:41 PM »
It's like a split squad week for the PGA tour. The B squad is playing in Punta Cana.  Quite a beautiful cours and the weather looks perfect. I'm jealous. 

:shock:    My sister and brother-in-law (and some relatives) are in Punta Cana.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #45: March 22, 2018, 12:38:53 PM »
:shock:    My sister and brother-in-law (and some relatives) are in Punta Cana.
Son went there over New Years. Nice place.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #46: March 22, 2018, 12:46:18 PM »
Son went there over New Years. Nice place.

My BiL is a little paranoid but hell he puckers up goin' to Giant.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #47: March 22, 2018, 12:59:38 PM »
My BiL is a little paranoid but hell he puckers up goin' to Giant.
Giant can be dicey. Especially before a snowstorm.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #48: March 22, 2018, 01:01:45 PM »
Giant can be dicey. Especially before a snowstorm.

Used to be the missus wouldn't let me in a grocery store (mostly Wegmans) alone.     She thought I'd get into trouble.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #49: March 22, 2018, 01:15:42 PM »
Used to be the missus wouldn't let me in a grocery store (mostly Wegmans) alone.     She thought I'd get into trouble.

Too many MILF's on the prowl?