Author Topic: Farewell Johnny Holliday  (Read 713 times)

Offline hotshot

Re: Farewell Johnny Holliday
« Reply #25: December 21, 2018, 09:02:51 AM »
Think Kolko or Kerr could handle Johnny's spot easily enough. Wouldn't say the same about Phil Wood.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #26: December 21, 2018, 09:05:22 AM »
Think Kolko or Kerr could handle Johnny's spot easily enough. Wouldn't say the same about Phil Wood.

Mindfact  ...   I'm guessin' it'll be one of our posters/contributors.

« Reply #27: December 24, 2018, 04:38:48 AM »

Offline Nick the Pig

« Reply #28: December 24, 2018, 07:02:42 PM »
Nothing at all against the dude, but...

I can swear I have a memory from him doing radio voice infomercials in the late 60's.

Always thought of him as a sober Jim Brockmire.  A "voice" guy.  Little substance.

Enjoy your retirement, Johnny.  I didn't like you much, but I didn't hate you either...

Offline hotshot

« Reply #29: December 24, 2018, 08:08:04 PM »
Nothing at all against the dude, but...

I can swear I have a memory from him doing radio voice infomercials in the late 60's.

Always thought of him as a sober Jim Brockmire.  A "voice" guy.  Little substance.

Enjoy your retirement, Johnny.  I didn't like you much, but I didn't hate you either...
He was a deejay on some big 50,000 watt stations in San Francisco, Cleveland and NYC. Not the top dog but in a pretty select group to make it to those radio powerhouses. Started in the early 60s I think.

Offline Nick the Pig

« Reply #30: December 24, 2018, 08:19:16 PM »
He was a deejay on some big 50,000 watt stations in San Francisco, Cleveland and NYC. Not the top dog but in a pretty select group to make it to those radio powerhouses. Started in the early 60s I think.

He's basically the same dude who did this for That 70's Show: