Author Topic: Follow the Prospects: Wil Crowe, RHP  (Read 3626 times)

Online UMDNats

Re: Follow the Prospects: Wil Crowe, RHP
« Reply #75: June 06, 2019, 10:57:11 AM »
In what role? He started all season. Can't imagine using him out of the pen.

Outside of September callups, he's probably 8th on the depth chart.

Probably just September. I'd rather see him than guys like McGowin, Williams, or Voth in a spot-start role, but I'm biased. He's only a starter so probably September call-up. He's already 24 and an accomplished college pitcher so they should be aggressive with him.

Offline imref

• 1B: The New Hot Corner
« Reply #76: June 06, 2019, 11:00:46 AM »
In what role? He started all season. Can't imagine using him out of the pen.

Outside of September callups, he's probably 8th on the depth chart.

probably our next call-up if a starter goes down and Hellickson isn't ready to return, particularly since Voth hasn't been very good at Fresno (4.11 ERA in his last 10 starts).

Online Slateman

« Reply #77: June 06, 2019, 11:23:48 AM »
Probably just September. I'd rather see him than guys like McGowin, Williams, or Voth in a spot-start role, but I'm biased. He's only a starter so probably September call-up. He's already 24 and an accomplished college pitcher so they should be aggressive with him.
Fair enough

probably our next call-up if a starter goes down and Hellickson isn't ready to return, particularly since Voth hasn't been very good at Fresno (4.11 ERA in his last 10 starts).
Joe Ross is getting stretched out as a starter. Unless someone goes down in the next week or so, he's next up on the block. Also McGowin is probably going to get a start before Crowe.

Yea. I just don't think Crowe's game is going to translate well right away.