Author Topic: Home Team discount?  (Read 2151 times)

Offline bluestreak

Re: Home Team discount?
« Reply #25: December 14, 2017, 08:47:57 AM »
Have you ever been anywhere outside of dc? Big groups of Away fans is the norm. Mets fans in Philly, A’s fans at AT&T Park, Astros fans in Arlington, Jays fans at Safeco, Yankees fans at Fenway. This crap happens everywhere. The only place it doesn’t happen is at Dodger Stadium cause no one wants to get their ass beat for wearing the wrong colors. You wanna see an Away team take over a ballpark, try Miller Park when the Cubs come to town.  I genuinely don’t understand the vitriol over something that happens everywhere that sports are played.

Especially when it’s baseball, a game with 81 home dates. When I first moved from the Midwest the only games I made sure I went to were when the Orioles and Nats played the Tigers. It wasn’t a huge outlay of money because it was only a few games a year. And I was willing to pay more than the average person here because it was one game out of 3 and not one out of 81. So all the fans in the area make sure they can go because it’s the only time they can easily see their team. And it’s like that for every team in the Majors. Every Nats fan doesn’t make sure to make it to every game at Nats Park because of time and money. Is this that difficult to understand?