Author Topic: Harper trade speculation (breakout from off-season thread)  (Read 37626 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Harper wore a caps jersey to the LV hockey game.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Which Washington cap is Harper wearing?

I've found a few similar caps, but no exact match.

As far as I can tell it's not a Washington hat, it doesn't match any Senators hat I can find. The guy who runs Talk Nats contacted New Era and they didn't recognize it. My guess is that it's a local Vegas team.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Harper wore a caps jersey to the LV hockey game.

He did? I've only seen him in the home team gear.

Offline imref

He did? I've only seen him in the home team gear.

my mistake, he wore the LV jersey and a washington hat.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
my mistake, he wore the LV jersey and a washington hat.

(Image removed from quote.)

A W hat, so far I haven't seen that the W stands for Washington. It's not a font used by the Senators.

Offline dcpatti

Kinda looks like the crossover one from the Winter Classic Caps game that was at Nats Park a few years ago. My neighbor has one, I think.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Kinda looks like the crossover one from the Winter Classic Caps game that was at Nats Park a few years ago. My neighbor has one, I think.

That's not a Winter Classic hat. Best guess is that it's from either the Las Vegas Wildcats or Westmoore Jaguars, Harper played for both teams.

Offline imref

A W hat, so far I haven't seen that the W stands for Washington. It's not a font used by the Senators.

Article I saw said it was a throwback Washington hat.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Article I saw said it was a throwback Washington hat.

Did it say from what year?

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
That's not a Winter Classic hat. Best guess is that it's from either the Las Vegas Wildcats or Westmoore Jaguars, Harper played for both teams.
Looks like we have a winner, Westmoore Jaguars

https://goo.gl/images/Xovueb

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
no, here's the original post on a Caps blog:  https://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2017/12/23/bryce-harper-drops-puck-capitals-golden-knights-game-wears-alex-tuch-jersey/

Saw that, funny that the hockey blog assumed it was a baseball throwback and the Federal Baseball blog assumed it was a Caps hat. As of now I think they both guessed wrong.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Looks like we have a winner, Westmoore Jaguars

https://goo.gl/images/Xovueb

That doesn’t look like the same hat to me..

Offline imref

regardless of all the Harper talk, the Golden Nights name should only belong to one team, and that's the US Army Parachute Team

Offline dracnal

regardless of all the Harper talk, the Golden Nights name should only belong to one team, and that's the US Army Parachute Team

Somehow, I doubt the AF stresses about Southern Utah's nickname. I doubt the Army will either.

Offline aspenbubba

It's Knights

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Yeah...Princeton should be the only Tigers, too...

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Yeah...Princeton should be the only Tigers, too...
Only one Bulldogs, I/M/O, and we also demand royalties from Tennessee and Oklahoma for a couple of songs they are borrowing.

Offline Expos

Bryan Kerr of MASN reports that Bryan Harper (elbow) has a chance to make the 2018 roster, and that could possibly help keep brother Bryce Harper long-term.

Harper pitched well in 2016 with a 2.18 ERA and 46 strikeouts in just over 41 innings between Double-A and Triple-A, but missed all of the 2017 season after undergoing Tommy John Surgery in November of that year. He's a left-handed reliever who offers some deception, so he could be effective against left-handers. The brothers haven't played on the same team since they were at College of Southern Nevada, but it would make sense that playing with a family member could give at least some incentive to Bryce wanting to return.

Related: Bryce Harper

Source: MASN

Sun, Dec 31, 2017 11:58:00 AM

Offline NatsAllThe Way

Bryan Kerr of MASN reports that Bryan Harper (elbow) has a chance to make the 2018 roster, and that could possibly help keep brother Bryce Harper long-term.

Harper pitched well in 2016 with a 2.18 ERA and 46 strikeouts in just over 41 innings between Double-A and Triple-A, but missed all of the 2017 season after undergoing Tommy John Surgery in November of that year. He's a left-handed reliever who offers some deception, so he could be effective against left-handers. The brothers haven't played on the same team since they were at College of Southern Nevada, but it would make sense that playing with a family member could give at least some incentive to Bryce wanting to return.

Related: Bryce Harper

Source: MASN

Sun, Dec 31, 2017 11:58:00 AM

Rememer Wilton Guererro?

Offline imref

Who is the reliever cut to make room for Harper?  I don’t see it. More than likely he signs a minor league deal and is a call-up candidate.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Doolittle, Solis, and Romero are among the lockiest locks in the bullpen. If Doolittle is bumped back to a set up guy by a closer acquisition, then there's no room in a 7 man pen for Bryan Harper. If Harper is just getting back to pitching this year, it'll take him a few months just to shake out and get control back.

Offline imref

Doolittle, Solis, and Romero are among the lockiest locks in the bullpen. If Doolittle is bumped back to a set up guy by a closer acquisition, then there's no room in a 7 man pen for Bryan Harper. If Harper is just getting back to pitching this year, it'll take him a few months just to shake out and get control back.

Right now our bullpen is set:  Doolittle, Madson, and Kintzler are on guaranteed contracts.  Romero, Grace, and Solis are out of options.  We still have Kelley under contract as well for 2018 so we'd have to cut him and eat salary to make room for anyone else.  Cole is likely to get the #5 rotation slot now as he's out of options too.  So if you add Bryan Harper, who do you cut?   Glover should be back as well, but he has options and can start the year in AAA.  Fedde is also likely to start in the minors.

Again, given where Harper is right now, he's likely to start the year in Syracuse.

Offline mdnatsfan

He wore those pants?

Offline LoveAngelos

Harper's dream now seems to be batting in the Cubs line up before or after Bryant. I always thought the Cubs were his ideal destination for that reason and the fact Chicago is a real baseball town. I bet he will even end up taking less money that the Nats offer just to play there.

Book it and see me this time next year