Author Topic: Harper trade speculation (breakout from off-season thread)  (Read 21186 times)

Offline nfotiu

For Machado or Bryant?? Absolutely.  In a heartbeat.

Especially if that player filled a huge need and helped us to go to the next level.

Prospects are hit or miss. If I had a chance to win now I'm doing what it takes.
I feel like you are contradicting yourself with this post.  If you'd give up those guys for Machado or Bryant, then you'd give up those guys for Bryce Harper too if you are looking at it unemotionally.   

Harper is more likely to push us over the top to the next level next year than he is the Blue Jays.   He would have more of an impact here financially than he would on the Blue Jays.  I just don't see a lot of teams bidding much of anything for one year of Harper and think the Blue Jays is a terrible example.  To answer your earlier question, I lived in Canada half my life, and I just can't imagine that a single year of Harper would create all that much excitement.  If they signed him long term, then sure that would generate some excitement.  I don't see Toronto thinking they have a chance to sign him though.