Author Topic: Harper trade speculation (breakout from off-season thread)  (Read 37967 times)

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Addison Russell, Albert Almora, and Mike Montgomery were all part of the package the Cubs were offering Baltimore for Manny Machado.

There goes the thoughts we wouldn't get anything of value for Harper if we offered him up.

A dynamic young infielder, a major league ready outfielder and a decent #4 or #5 starter for one year of Machado. Harper would get more IMO.

Russell a year removed from .238, 21 HR, 95 RBI
Almora .298/.338/.445
Montgomery  3.38 ERA, 130 IP, 1.209 WHIP

:lmao:

Russell is a slick fielding, weak hitting shortstop. Maybe he becomes something more, but so far, he hasn't panned out. And they aren't trading him when he's a top 10 prospect. They're trading him after three seasons of established performance. He's a slightly better version of Wilmer Difo. He's not even close to Turner, Correra, Seager, or Simmons.

Almora is a 4th/5th OFer. He's Brian Goodwin. Whoopdeedoo

Montogmery is a spot lefty. So Sammy Solis.

There's no way in hell I'm trading one year of Bryce Harper (in a contender year) for Addison Russel, Brian Goodwin, and Sammy Solis.
The Orioles are idiots.  They should be seeking quality prospects, not starting pitchers.  What use are two starters when the team is going to stink without Machado.  And both of those two starters are either going to be free agents after one year, or have expensive contracts; no team is going to give up two starters with favorable team control for one year of Machado.
I read it to mean they wanted prospects that were starting pitchers, not position players.

So hypothetical, if a team came calling offering that same package or more for Harper would you do it? We all know he is gone anyways.

I'd do it in a heartbeat and replace him by signing JD Martinez.

OF- JD Martinez
IF- Addison Russell
OF- Albert Almora
P- Mike Montgomery

Is 10x better than 1 year of Harper.

JD Martinez!?!?! :lmao:  :hysterical:

Holy crap, it's like some of you just want to settle for kind of good and overpaid. Like somehow getting to 85 wins is awesome or something.