Author Topic: Award Finalists  (Read 1871 times)

Offline Ray D

Re: Award Finalists
« Reply #25: November 17, 2017, 10:39:49 AM »
Vottos career is being wasted.
I guess that's the way he wants it.  A full no-trade and he refuses to be traded.  They were talking about him on MLB XM this morning and said he would surely be traded if he would agree to be.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #26: November 17, 2017, 10:45:13 AM »
Vottos career is being wasted. Would love to see him on a contender, even us.

http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/84645/the-reds-are-wasting-the-ted-williams-of-our-generation

It would seem that others echo your statement.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27: November 17, 2017, 11:19:26 AM »
I figured it had to have been a close vote for the award to go to someone at a team that finished 20 games out of the division title and 10 games out of the wild card. And I still think he's Giancarlo Stanozolol (sorry - that was too much of a home run outburst to have happened naturally, and ever since the roids explosion some years back, with me in such cases it's guilty till proven innocent).

You do realize that this entire season across MLB was one giant home run outburst? Like 400 homers more than the record set in 2000. If Stanton is juicing, then everyone is.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #28: November 17, 2017, 11:30:10 AM »
I figured it had to have been a close vote for the award to go to someone at a team that finished 20 games out of the division title and 10 games out of the wild card. And I still think he's Giancarlo Stanozolol (sorry - that was too much of a home run outburst to have happened naturally, and ever since the roids explosion some years back, with me in such cases it's guilty till proven innocent).
Same home run rate as he had two years ago.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #29: November 17, 2017, 03:52:36 PM »
Same home run rate as he had two years ago.

Yep, only difference is this is the first season he’s managed to not spend 10 weeks on the DL. Stanton has always been a tater hitting freak.