Author Topic: Fire Dave Martinez - 85.7% Playoff Probability  (Read 145668 times)

lylelgreen and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Scrapple

If the Royals were able to overcome Ned Yost’s processing deficiencies in 2015 the Nationals should be able to overcome ........................ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!!!!! 

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Offline Senatorswin

Why would Girardi want to come to DC. How many teams looking for a manager have the talent the Nats have. None. If they are .500 or below at the end of May it's not a stretch he could come in and lead the team to the world series. I can't think of a better situation to come into other when he left the Yankees and Boone came in.

Having said that the best scenario would be for Davey to lead them to the National league east title and then to the world series.

Offline Greg_SRT

• Don't give up
I bet MAT makes more a year than most Managera

If Managers were that important they’d make more

If we had any other manager right now, we’d have the same record. Like it or not Dave has done his job over the last 3 weeks

Offline NatNasty

I bet MAT makes more a year than most Managera

If Managers were that important they’d make more

If we had any other manager right now, we’d have the same record. Like it or not Dave has done his job over the last 3 weeks

Fair enough.  Maybe the same record, maybe up a couple or even down a couple.  It's OK for the 3rd week of April.  Sadly, I've resigned myself to the fact that "any other manager"  ain't going to be there come late August/September when we're dicking around .500 and 5+ games back. 

I hope I'm wrong.  I would love nothing more than to smash a bottle of champagne over lil' d and proclaim, "I now Christen thee Gargantuan D!!!"

Offline UMDNats

I would understand these takes if Martinez was a sympathetic figure, a lovable loser, but he's not. He blames others when the team falls short. He makes repeated wild boasts about how great of a team he's going to lead. And he sure as hell had a deal in place with the Nats before Baker was notified that he was being let go.

Andddddd there it is.

Offline Air Desmond

Another 3+ hour root canal. That’s what Nats games have become.

There’s no justification for keeping Zimmerman and Dozier in the lineup.

Offline Slateman

Yea, we should totally go with that other first baseman hitti mng .200

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
Yea, we should totally go with that other first baseman hitti mng .200
First Base was looking so good just one month ago.

Offline Air Desmond

Good news

If the Nats get swept by the Marlins, i doubt Davey gets to board the plane to Colorado...

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Good news

If the Nats get swept by the Marlins, i doubt Davey gets to board the plane to Colorado...
he might get on the plane, but i have a feeling he'll be offloaded about 30,000 feet above Arkansas.

Online Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
If Davey gets fired make sure he takes Henley with him.

Offline Air Desmond

Davey’s lineup construction is baffling. Dozier batting 5th? On what planet is he a suitable 5 hitter?

Robles batting 9th was interesting to start the season. Now that he’s established himself, it makes no sense. Especially with Turner being out. The Nats need a weapon at the top of the lineup.

Online imref

• 1B: The New Hot Corner
Dozier shouldn’t  be starting over Kendrick.

Offline Air Desmond

91-90 as a manager.

This is the worst stretch of baseball DC has seen since Riggleman was in charge. The Marlins haven’t won a series all year. Until tonight. Put an end to the misery!

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Davey had the Nats wear all white heading into Miami, how bold, throwing down the gauntlet against a team in a rebuilding year.

Nice job taunting a team while they were down.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
91-90 as a manager.

This is the worst stretch of baseball DC has seen since Riggleman was in charge. The Marlins haven’t won a series all year. Until tonight. Put an end to the misery!

Riggleman took over from Acta and had them over 500 when he quit.

Offline Scrapple

Dozier shouldn’t  be starting over Kendrick.
You are correct. That’s how managers lose their players - by not putting the best team on the field.

Online mitlen

You are correct. That’s how managers lose their players - by not putting the best team on the field.

Wonder if that order's comin' from further up the food chain.

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
Davey didn't look well in the post-game press conference.  I doubt it was due to the tough questions from Alex.  I think he senses that the end is near.

Online mitlen

Davey didn't look well in the post-season press conference.  I doubt it was due to the tough questions from Alex.  I think he senses that the end is near.

I feel bad for the guy but he's in over his head.

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
Exactly -- and lose their jobs, too -- Jayson Werth starting over Kendrick in 2017 NLDS.'

Offline Slateman

Except, we're three weeks into the season. Players are going to note if you suddenly bench a veteran over a slump.

Exactly -- and lose their jobs, too -- Jayson Werth starting over Kendrick in 2017 NLDS.'
Not why Dusty was fired, but okay, sure.

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
Except, we're three weeks into the season. Players are going to note if you suddenly bench a veteran over a slump.
Not why Dusty was fired, but okay, sure.
Nats would've won the 2017 NLDS if Kendrick started all games in left field (IMO)

Offline Scrapple

Wonder if that order's comin' from further up the food chain.
Absolutely it is. Rizzo looks like an azz if Dozier is sitting at the end of the bench every night.

Offline Slateman

Nats would've won the 2017 NLDS if Kendrick started all games in left field (IMO)
:lmao: No, Dusty would have freaked up the pen management and still trotted Gio out there.