Author Topic: Nationals vs Cubs, NLDS Game 5  (Read 159005 times)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, NLDS Game 5
« Reply #2100: October 13, 2017, 01:31:55 AM »
How many fielding mistakes were a part of that?  I mean, Wieters alone - freak.

Not saying Max didn't have a part in this, but he's part of a long list of people who boned the team tonight.

The loss started with Max...1 strike away from a clean inning and he choked.  Hitting a guy with the bases loaded sealed the deal.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #2101: October 13, 2017, 01:32:28 AM »
STOP SAYING THIS

THERE IS NO LA IF YOU DO NOT GET PAST TONIGHT

ENOUGH OF YOUR FALLACY

Phallusy

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #2102: October 13, 2017, 02:00:17 AM »
#CapsOnGrass

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #2103: October 13, 2017, 02:10:16 AM »
Hope you'll stick with us some during the offseason - and not just so we can joke about your hair

I remember when I first joined this board the last game of the season everyone was all "had a great time watching this season with you, looking forward to next year already!" We were so upbeat when we sucked, now we're "good" and so sad :(  anyway thanks for watching baseball with me for another season guys, so wish this year would've been the year :(

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #2104: October 13, 2017, 02:13:39 AM »
Agree with this view - or use a combination of relievers for 2-3 innings each vs LA.  But it's hard to think of such when living the stress of managing last night's "What's Going To Happen Next" drama.

So what. You activate Cole. You can reset the squad each series.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #2105: October 13, 2017, 02:30:24 AM »
Did Kendrick get an AB at all this series? I thought he maybe got one but I can't remember for sure.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #2106: October 13, 2017, 02:33:55 AM »
Did Kendrick get an AB at all this series? I thought he maybe got one but I can't remember for sure.

2, IIRC...

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #2107: October 13, 2017, 02:53:24 AM »
The loss started with Max...1 strike away from a clean inning and he choked.  Hitting a guy with the bases loaded sealed the deal.

No. Gonzalez set the pace with crapting the home mound again in game 5. The 5th inning was the strangest inning I ever recall seeing. I felt a breeze during that frame so maybe that was deeznutz' strange wind.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #2108: October 13, 2017, 02:56:32 AM »
VaRK has become to Scherzer what Leroy is to Dusty Baker. :shock:

And all because of his feud with Slateman over Roark. Really? Roark? :smh:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #2109: October 13, 2017, 03:03:09 AM »
Did you guys notice that the Chief made an appearance at the game last night during the President's Race? :lmao:

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #2110: October 13, 2017, 03:15:56 AM »
VaRK has become to Scherzer what Leroy is to Dusty Baker. :shock:

And all because of his feud with Slateman over Roark. Really? Roark? :smh:

No...because Scherzer spit the bit and anybody who was watching the game could see that pretty plainly...

I was rooting for his sorry ass until he cratered...

Tonight Gio was 2012 Gio again, and Max was 2012 Drew Storen...

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
« Reply #2111: October 13, 2017, 04:11:26 AM »
Putting in Scherzer was a good decision even if it didn't work out.

What wasn't a good decision, was keeping a certified nag like Gio in so long, moving from Albers so quick after a good inning and not trusting Roark at all.

Another bad decision was keeping Werth in with better defensive options or playing him continually, especially in Game 3 when Kendrick was 5/10 against Quintana and Werth had never faced him before. Or keeping Turner in leadoff despite Difo having a great year against lefties.

And Wieters, my god, he stayed in with the bases loaded when Lind could have pinch-hit for him early in the game and had Lobaton behind the dish.

This game was lost by weak players spearheaded by a weak manager too afraid to hurt feelings who also has a history of losing.

The Cubs are a good team, absolutely, but the Nats beat themselves this series without any help of umpires and it's freaking disgusting.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #2112: October 13, 2017, 04:23:04 AM »
Lind swinging at the first pitch and grounding into a double play after Davis walked the first two batters was stoopid of epic proportions.

Werth should never have been in any of these games...we all saw that.

Zimm choked.

Our backup catcher gets picked off.

Our Ace crap the bed.

We flat gave this series away...

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #2113: October 13, 2017, 05:47:14 AM »
Rizzo mentioned tonight that the Nats have been in existence for 11 years.  Which 2 didn't count?

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #2114: October 13, 2017, 06:03:26 AM »
Longest nine inning playoff game in NL history.

« Reply #2115: October 13, 2017, 06:12:17 AM »
I agree with n2p. go back to montreal freaking bums

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #2116: October 13, 2017, 06:55:47 AM »
Putting in Scherzer was a good decision even if it didn't work out.

What wasn't a good decision, was keeping a certified nag like Gio in so long, moving from Albers so quick after a good inning and not trusting Roark at all.

Another bad decision was keeping Werth in with better defensive options or playing him continually, especially in Game 3 when Kendrick was 5/10 against Quintana and Werth had never faced him before. Or keeping Turner in leadoff despite Difo having a great year against lefties.

And Wieters, my god, he stayed in with the bases loaded when Lind could have pinch-hit for him early in the game and had Lobaton behind the dish.

This game was lost by weak players spearheaded by a weak manager too afraid to hurt feelings who also has a history of losing.

The Cubs are a good team, absolutely, but the Nats beat themselves this series without any help of umpires and it's freaking disgusting.

After Jackson in 2012, I question a manager who doesn’t immediately have someone up in the pen when a starter enters the game as a reliever- it can go real bad real fast

Scraps

« Reply #2117: October 13, 2017, 06:58:35 AM »

“No. Gonzalez set the pace with crapting the home mound again in game 5.

BULLSEYE!!!

Gio was again the table setter of a game 5 disaster.

What’s that 6 starts for Gio in the Playoffs and he has yet to make it into the 6th inning even once. That’s more than what you need to know about “Milkshake” Gonzalez.

Sorry guys that our local sports teams are SOOO CRUEL to us but, my brother and I still had an awesome time last night running around giving HIGH FIVES and CHEST-BUMPS to total strangers. My brother has been a bit uneasy about turning 70 years old on Saturday so it was GREAT to see him bouncing around like a kid for a few hours. GREAT STUFF wish it could have continued.

Guess we can look forward to next season when Jason Werth will no longer be the manager of this club.

Go Nationals!

Offline Leroy Veritas

« Reply #2118: October 13, 2017, 07:13:47 AM »
Wasn't a pop up...it was a rope...

:hysterical:

The Zobrist hit was a bloop to shallow left center. Kendrick, Lind, Robles, Goodwin, and Difo all catch that ball with ease.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #2119: October 13, 2017, 07:14:36 AM »
freak Scherzer...choking dog...

Scherzer should never have had to come in.  We pay Gio good money to suck in every playoff start.  We got extremely lucky in Game 2 to cover up his dogcrap start again.  Enough of blaming Storen for that Cardinals game and enough of blaming Max for this one.  The freaking problem is Gio.

Offline Leroy Veritas

« Reply #2120: October 13, 2017, 07:14:51 AM »
How many fielding mistakes were a part of that?  I mean, Wieters alone - freak.

Not saying Max didn't have a part in this, but he's part of a long list of people who boned the team tonight.

I don't understand the brain fart that seems to go around this place about the difference between earned and unearned runs.

Offline Leroy Veritas

« Reply #2121: October 13, 2017, 07:16:16 AM »
Agree with this view - or use a combination of relievers for 2-3 innings each vs LA.  But it's hard to think of such when living the stress of managing last night's "What's Going To Happen Next" drama.

If you're the manager of the team you think that out BEFORE last night's game happens. That alone is enough to show that there needs to be a change in the dugout.

Scraps

« Reply #2122: October 13, 2017, 07:18:13 AM »
Did Roark have an illness that didn’t allow him to pitch out of the pen last night?.... or was Dusty saving him for Game 1 that isn’t gonna happen now? ..... or did Roark get his feelings hurt and say, “i’m sick“ and can’t pitch.

Wonder if Roark will be asking to be traded?

Go Nationals!

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #2123: October 13, 2017, 07:21:11 AM »
Did Roark have an illness that didn’t allow him to pitch out of the pen last night?.... or was Dusty saving him for Game 1 that isn’t gonna happen now? ..... or did Roark get his feelings hurt and say, “i’m sick“ and can’t pitch.

Wonder if Roark will be asking to be traded?

Go Nationals!

He should asked to be traded.  He deserves to be treated better than Gio.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #2124: October 13, 2017, 07:28:54 AM »
It was dumb to put Max in. Told everyone that two days ago. Dumb dumb and dumber.