Author Topic: CORRECTION - Going With Strasburg Today!  (Read 15846 times)

Offline RiotAct

Re: Going With Roark Tomorrow
« Reply #75: October 10, 2017, 10:42:27 PM »
Support the team that gets put on the field and let the chips fall where they may.

No

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #76: October 10, 2017, 10:53:38 PM »
Strasburg cannot pitch on Wednesday because he belongs to an obscure Christian sect that believes that the Sabaath is on Wednesday.

http://www.jesuschrist.com/jesus-christ-was-crucified-on-wednesday-not-friday/

Online shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #77: October 10, 2017, 10:55:01 PM »
Stras should pitch on full rest. Period. And this can't be a Dusty decision, it has to be an organizational decision. In fact, managers really should be given very little leeway on decisions of any kind. Who to start is a nothing that any manager should have control over. One way or another, this is an organizational decision. Either they agree with the decision, or they are abdicating responsibility.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #78: October 10, 2017, 10:56:07 PM »
Strasburg cannot pitch on Wednesday because he belongs to an obscure Christian sect that believes that the Sabaath is on Wednesday.
   (Image removed from quote.)
well,  Nyjer used to call him Jesus, as in "Jesus, how does anyone hit that sh!+?"

Offline More of #34

« Reply #79: October 10, 2017, 11:43:31 PM »
Was anyone else at the first game?  I was.  I seem to remember a pitcher who pitched his ass off and should have won the game.  But no, the hitters didn't show up.  And they haven't shown up this whole series. If we lose tomorrow, it won't be because of Roark or a sick Stras.  The bats will still be missing.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #80: October 10, 2017, 11:44:28 PM »
Was anyone else at the first game?  I was.  I seem to remember a pitcher who pitched his ass off and should have won the game.  But no, the hitters didn't show up.  And they haven't shown up this whole series. If we lose tomorrow, it won't be because of Roark or a sick Stras.  The bats will still be missing.
Are you trying to convince us? We've all watched the games.

Offline More of #34

« Reply #81: October 10, 2017, 11:47:03 PM »
I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else.  My statement stands as is.

Scraps

« Reply #82: October 10, 2017, 11:58:58 PM »
No...this has Rizzo Boras written all over it...

Absolutely.

Scraps

« Reply #83: October 11, 2017, 12:02:26 AM »

LOLROTFPIMP  :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #84: October 11, 2017, 12:02:27 AM »
I am incredulous.  Stras is "under the weather"?? I was "under the weather" a few weeks ago, loaded up on alka seltzer cold tablets, tylenol, robitussin, was pretty much a walking pharmacy but I still freaking made it to work that day.  He's wheezing? Get him a freaking inhaler.  Unless he has freaking ebola there is no excuse, NONE, for him opting out of pitching tomorrow.  My off the wall prediction in N2P's poll to start the season was that SS was going to show us all how tough he was and get rid of the delicate flower reputation forever, omgosh I want to be right! I will loathe him for the rest of his career if he does not pitch in THE most important game of our season tomorrow because he has a freaking cold!!!!

Scraps

« Reply #85: October 11, 2017, 12:10:13 AM »
The very latest reports are saying, “Stras’s chronic cramping issue has moved into his sphincter muscle”.

Not easy pitching with a tight azz.

:wtf:

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #86: October 11, 2017, 12:11:18 AM »
Ok, I'm holding out hope here - what are the odds that Strasburg gets up tomorrow and feels better and Dusty pulls the old bait-and-switch and pitches him?  As far as I know there isn't any kind of deadline on naming a pitcher, so I was surprised that Dusty came out so early and said that Roark would still pitch tomorrow.  Normally the Nats routine is to delay any announcement until the very last minute, so could they be trying to pull a fast one here?  I certainly hope so.  I know that Scherzer would pitch if three of his limbs were falling off and he had to roll to the mound using just his right arm.  Unless Strasburg is on his death-bed, I would hope he feels the same, but that remains to be seen.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #87: October 11, 2017, 12:18:11 AM »
The very latest reports are saying, “Stras’s chronic cramping issue has moved into his sphincter muscle”.

:wtf:

ok that made me laugh :lol:

« Reply #88: October 11, 2017, 12:20:15 AM »
^ dusty is not that smart

Offline deeznatz

• http://www.amorica.org
« Reply #89: October 11, 2017, 12:43:48 AM »
I am incredulous.  Stras is "under the weather"?? I was "under the weather" a few weeks ago, loaded up on alka seltzer cold tablets, tylenol, robitussin, was pretty much a walking pharmacy but I still freaking made it to work that day.  He's wheezing? Get him a freaking inhaler.  Unless he has freaking ebola there is no excuse, NONE, for him opting out of pitching tomorrow.  My off the wall prediction in N2P's poll to start the season was that SS was going to show us all how tough he was and get rid of the delicate flower reputation forever, omgosh I want to be right! I will loathe him for the rest of his career if he does not pitch in THE most important game of our season tomorrow because he has a freaking cold!!!!

Yep.  This is the most absurd thing I've ever seen in sports,  what a pansy.  His money is guaranteed, go and leave it out on the field for your teammates and city that has embraced you.  What gd sham

Offline whytev

« Reply #90: October 11, 2017, 02:54:21 AM »
From Grant “Pops an eye ball if Rendon bats lower than 3rd” Paulson:

Honestly if they said he’d thrown a bullpen and tweaked his elbow and wanted an extra day rest just to be cautious, none of us would have the pitchforks out. If the guy is *this* sick then it’s questionable how much he helps us to win, and if the offense doesn’t show up, it’s a moot point anyway.

I’m gonna go light a candle or burn some sage or some crap, and pray to the Ghost of WBC Tanner to come bless us with his presence (even if the first batter he faces gets an accidental plunk).

If he did tweak his elbow they would say he was sick.

Murphy is sick too. I’ll bet everyone is.

Offline whytev

« Reply #91: October 11, 2017, 02:58:41 AM »

I mean, most people get the month of his birth wrong. Why not screw up his death too?

Offline awbb

« Reply #92: October 11, 2017, 03:11:16 AM »

Offline Bananas

« Reply #93: October 11, 2017, 03:44:35 AM »
We shut him down in a WS year so 5 years later - pitching at the absolute top of his prime  - he could sit out an elimination game with a freaking cold?  After he's given us 2 playoff starts in his career and just got signed to a 175 million dollar contract?  This is perhaps the most gutless moment in baseball history.  It is the diametric opposite of the Bloody Sock Game that helped Boston overcome The Curse of the Bambino.  There is literally no chance we ever win a title with him on the roster while having a major role.  It's now a certifiable impossibility unless the universe is truly corrupt.

Shameful beyond belief.  It's a new low-point for D.C. Sports and the crazy thing is we're still in the hunt.  Incredible...

Offline Ray D

« Reply #94: October 11, 2017, 06:40:25 AM »

Scrap, this isn't the MLB forum.  You can say "ass" here.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #95: October 11, 2017, 06:41:08 AM »
  It is the diametric opposite of the Bloody Sock Game

It was ketchup.

Offline LoveAngelos

« Reply #96: October 11, 2017, 06:53:02 AM »
I am reading this right.

Dusty Baker is still going to spot the Cubs 4-5 runs by starting Roark today?

Ponderous

Ponerous

Offline dlayman

« Reply #97: October 11, 2017, 07:57:10 AM »
With the amount of mis-information the team has a history of putting out about the health of their players, I am more than a little skeptical of the accuracy of all this.  I never trust any medical info from the Nats.   Especially when we already know Dusty lied about when the BP session was.  There's more to this.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #98: October 11, 2017, 08:11:39 AM »
If he did tweak his elbow they would say he was sick.

Murphy is sick too. I’ll bet everyone is.

My neighbor did read something that said several players were sick but if  Murph isn’t at 100% , a ball gets past him and you end up with a guy standing on 2nd instead of 1st or a missed double play; a pitcher who isn’t 100% turns into batting practice for the Cubs.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #99: October 11, 2017, 08:29:41 AM »
I think it's totally possible that he's hacking wheezing and coughing with a 102 fever, but said to Dusty and Rizzo "I'll give it all I've got" and they said "We'll go with Tanner."

They're down one. Game 5 is an elimination game too.