Author Topic: Mets are buying the Chiefs  (Read 15150 times)

Offline Elvir Ovcina

Re: Mets are buying the Chiefs
« Reply #25: October 10, 2017, 12:43:25 PM »
It could work for a year, though. If they were able to come to an agreement with Richmond for after 2020, it might be an option.  There would have to be a restructuring of sorts if that were to happen. Purchasing and moving Vegas or something like that. Nashville might have to jump to the IL, perhaps. It will be interesting to see how things play out, because I can't imagine they'd want anything to do with Vegas.

Also, Omaha's stadium only has 6400 permanent seats. Don't think that size of park would be a hindrance for a temporary solution. The pics I'm seeing of the UVA construction project look pretty similar to Werner Park.

Would need to be 2 years, but yes, it could - if UVA were to agree.  I suspect the IL would also want a bunch of money spent on the stadium in Richmond (or a new one) as well.  That's a lot of effort, though - suspect they might be willing to take 2 years with Vegas and then try to do better in the next round of musical chairs, or try actually making a decent offer to Nashville to switch from the A's.  That's a short-term arrangement, so it might be doable.