Author Topic: One of the TV Announcers Today......  (Read 654 times)

Offline More of #34

One of the TV Announcers Today......
« Topic Start: October 07, 2017, 10:23:58 PM »
Harper was at bat and the announcer said, "The Cubs are pitching to Harper, the man, not Harper, the legend.  After which, Harper hit his homerun.  How sweet it was!!!

Offline RiotAct

Re: One of the TV Announcers Today......
« Reply #1: October 07, 2017, 10:33:28 PM »
Nice.

I had Charlie and Dave on for the duration of the game (via the At Bat app); they were actually about 15 seconds behind the tv broadcast but it was still worth it.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #2: October 08, 2017, 09:48:00 AM »
Harper was at bat and the announcer said, "The Cubs are pitching to Harper, the man, not Harper, the legend.  After which, Harper hit his homerun.  How sweet it was!!!

IIRC Ernie Johnson, after the HR, said something to the effect of "the legend continues".

Offline Ray D

« Reply #3: October 08, 2017, 10:09:16 AM »
Harper was at bat and the announcer said, "The Cubs are pitching to Harper, the man, not Harper, the legend. 
I don't remember hearing the man/legend part, but what I do recall him saying is that if Harper was completely healthy they would have a better pitcher facing him.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #4: October 08, 2017, 12:04:26 PM »
I don't remember hearing the man/legend part, but what I do recall him saying is that if Harper was completely healthy they would have a better pitcher facing him.

I was wondering what would've happened if Lind had made it to 2B on his hit. Normally they would've walked Harper. But would they have walked the current Harper?

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #5: May 12, 2018, 11:46:28 AM »
Down here in OBX, the TV schedule is showing this afternoon's Nats game vs Diamondbacks is at 4pm and being shown on both MASN and Fox Sports 1.  Does anyone else see this game will be shown on both networks ?  I thought it was custom for MASN not to show the game when it's on another network.

Offline catocony

« Reply #6: May 12, 2018, 11:53:20 AM »
I think if it's on regular Fox or ESPN, they don't.   For FS1 or MLB TV, MASN does their regular thing.

ESPN and baseball........ugh.  I hate watching the Sunday night Nats games.  There is nothing I like about the travesty that is their production.

Online rileyn

« Reply #7: May 12, 2018, 12:45:41 PM »
MASN is broadcasting today so I assume it will be blacked out on FS1.  I could be wrong.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #8: May 12, 2018, 01:28:54 PM »
Down here in OBX, the TV schedule is showing this afternoon's Nats game vs Diamondbacks is at 4pm and being shown on both MASN and Fox Sports 1.  Does anyone else see this game will be shown on both networks ?
The Nats home page shows "FS1, Fox Deportes, MASN".

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #9: May 12, 2018, 04:15:26 PM »
Why was this thread necro'd?

*looks at who did the necro'ing*

Oh, nevermind.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #10: May 12, 2018, 04:16:38 PM »
Why was this thread necro'd?

*looks at who did the necro'ing*

Oh, nevermind.

:crackup:

Offline catocony

« Reply #11: May 12, 2018, 05:10:02 PM »
In the DC market, the game is on both MASN and FS1.