Author Topic: 2018 Spring Training - Ballpark of the Palm Beaches  (Read 12273 times)

Offline dcpatti

...which will hopefully have brands other than Shock Top.

They actually have a great beer selection in general (or at least they did last year) and plenty of taps and bars. But you don’t even get ShockTop included on your patio ticket. So that’s lame.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
They actually have a great beer selection in general (or at least they did last year) and plenty of taps and bars. But you don’t even get ShockTop included on your patio ticket. So that’s lame.

Even so, sounds promising...must keep options open in March.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter

Happy to have the Nats get more money, but the product is crap. $6 a day from Amazon, with a hard sell marketing campaign to try to get you to sign up for regular delivery. Doubtful anyone associated with the team will actually ingest this stuff.

https://www.dietspotlight.com/fitteam-fit-review/

FitTeam Global claims that FitTeam Fit assists individuals in losing weight by helping cells burn existing fat, boosting metabolism, and suppressing appetite. Its manufacturers believe Fit Sticks can replace drinks like energy shots or coffee because the ingredients boost energy while promoting fat loss. As a bonus, FitTeam Fit also contains specific mood-elevating ingredients. The company says that these chemical mood enhancers can increase mental focus and help users avoid behaviors that may lead to weight gain such as binge eating and nighttime insomnia.

Recently, FitTeam Global has attracted controversy due to the risky traits of some of its ingredients. In response, the company now promotes combining the supplement with a sensible meal plan, a healthy-food shopping list, and an exercise plan to encourage a better lifestyle overall.

FitTeam Fit claims to:

Help cells burn calories and fat through thermogenesis
Boost cellular metabolic activity and overall body metabolism
Suppress the appetite
Increase energy levels
Boost mood
Help individuals lose weight with natural ingredients

Currently, there are no existing independent studies or clinical trials to prove that FitTeam Fit works.

Although FitTeam Global markets this product as safe and all-natural, there are ingredients in the product with potentially serious side effects. For example, there have been reports of liver toxicity when consuming large amounts of green tea powder. [2]

Since the company instructs users to take the supplement twice daily, individuals with liver, kidney, or digestive problems should consult a professional before taking this product.

There is also a possible issue with its caffeine content. While FitTeam Global claims it uses less caffeine than energy shots, Fit Sticks contain caffeine and caffeine derivatives in at least three forms: green tea, l-theanine, and caffeine anhydrous. This amount may be excessive for some people, resulting in increased risk of nervousness, heart palpitations, or insomnia. As a precaution, individuals who use the product should not consume other drinks high in caffeine, like coffee or tea. Supplements high in caffeine may also interact negatively with other medication or abnormally lower blood pressure.

Similarly, the grapefruit seed extract ingredient may react negatively with medicine. Individuals taking medication may need to avoid FitTeam Fit.

Perhaps the most controversial ingredient in FitTeam Fit is bitter orange (citrus aurantium).

While bitter orange has been shown to be safe when applied topically to the skin, the ingested form is another story. Unfortunately, the synephrine in bitter orange has a chemical structure similar to the herb ephedra. Once a popular ingredient in diet supplements like Hydroxycut, ephedra has more recently been known to raise blood pressure and has been associated with heart attacks and at least one death. In response, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has banned ephedra for commercial sale.

Although the sale of synephrine and bitter orange is still legal, some people avoid the ingredient completely because of this risk. In addition, the NCAA bans all athletes from using products with bitter orange for the safety of its students. Doctors recommend that pregnant and nursing women avoid taking products containing bitter orange.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
(Image removed from quote.)

Happy to have the Nats get more money, but the product is crap. $6 a day from Amazon, with a hard sell marketing campaign to try to get you to sign up for regular delivery. Doubtful anyone associated with the team will actually ingest this stuff.

love me some Outlaw Josie Wales! 

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness

Some of the other brands they are touting:

South Beach Brewing
Magic Hat
Islamorada Beer Company
Code Rum
Shiner
Boulevard Brewing
Tito's Vodka
Corona

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Get the money up front before the FDA finds out about it.
(Image removed from quote.)

Online Mattionals

I was excited to try and go down this year, but I just changed jobs (for the better) and the future missus and I are currently house hunting. Damn priorities!

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
I was excited to try and go down this year, but I just changed jobs (for the better) and the future missus and I are currently house hunting. Damn priorities!

Any future missus should understand.    :)

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter

You know that you can just roll the trip up into the mortgage and pay it back over the next 30 years, with tax deductible interest payments.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness

Offline Natsinpwc

Lets see if this works...

https://www.facebook.com/Nationals/videos/10155784045010189/?t=0
I opened it and it wouldnt close. Kept trying to start again. Has to close my browser to get rid of it.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
I opened it and it wouldnt close. Kept trying to start again. Has to close my browser to get rid of it.

Ah, good...so it worked...  :hysterical:

Offline heeman82

Be down there 3/16-17.

Offline LoveAngelos

Was at the game today in Jupiter.  Nothing to report. Brian Harper pitched. All too early.

Some kid told me if he wore my "curly  hair hat "down to the bullpen one of the relievers---Matt Grace I believe--- would give him a ball.

The Nats reliever tried it on while the game was in progress. Does this make it a game worn hat I can sell on ebay for a go zillion dollars to the highest bidder with a 7 7/8 skull??????

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
Be down there 3/16-17.

G'burg and I will be meeting on the 17th...stay tuned for WNFF South meet 'n greet details...

Offline miller10

I can't believe how expensive the tickets are.  Most teams regular season ticket prices are cheaper than that for similar seats.  Maybe I am just becoming the old man yelling at the kids to stay off my lawn.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness

I don't recall, did they run RCR codes on the radio during ST last year?

Anybody heard any this year?

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
I can't believe how expensive the tickets are.  Most teams regular season ticket prices are cheaper than that for similar seats.  Maybe I am just becoming the old man yelling at the kids to stay off my lawn.

Yes...they are pretty proud of the Home Plate Box seats @ $55.00, and all of the seats in general...  :old:

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Yes...they are pretty proud of the Home Plate Box seats @ $55.00, and all of the seats in general...  :old:

Lots and lots of empty blue seats today. I'd buy the $30 all you can eat tickets, then move down to the good seats.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
Lots and lots of empty blue seats today. I'd buy the $30 all you can eat tickets, then move down to the good seats.

A lot of the seats in the middle rows of section 109 are MLB scouts too...

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
A lot of the seats in the middle rows of section 109 are MLB scouts too...

Scouts?

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
Scouts?

Yes...the, say, 8th thru 12th rows in Section 109 are filled with MLB team scouts wearing credentials...

...not Boy Scouts, et al...  ;)

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter

3,675 on a Sunday afternoon for the opener. Definitely don't buy expensive tickets unless they are front row.