Author Topic: 2018 Spring Training - Ballpark of the Palm Beaches  (Read 12190 times)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
We're in. The Nats will be in white with emerald green trim, which is a surprisingly great look.

Still floating the idea of a WNFF Meet 'n Greet South at the Mets game here on March 17th...

Who's in?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
We're in. The Nats will be in white with emerald green trim, which is a surprisingly great look.

:thumbs:

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
2 Days until Pitchers and Catchers report

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
http://www.talknats.com/2018/02/13/the-talk-nats-guide-to-visiting-the-ballpark-of-the-palm-beaches/#disqus_thread

This article links this WNFF thread as the place to go with spring training questions.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
1 Day until Pitchers and Catchers report

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Be nice if a WNFF'er won this...

Enter for the chance to win Budweiser's Legends of Spring Sweepstakes February 12-26, 2018

https://www.mlb.com/nationals/forms/was-budweiser-sweeps-2018/?partnerId=ed-12255548-1052657903

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Zuck notes that the Nats have invited 61 to camp, including 21 non-roster invites, 4 minor leaguers. 

Minor leaguers: Jimmy Cordero, Taylor Gushue, Spencer Kieboom, and Osvaldo Abreu

NRI:

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Still floating the idea of a WNFF Meet 'n Greet South at the Mets game here on March 17th...

Who's in?

man I wish!  I thought the new training place was close to my daughter's but it's another 2 1/2 hours past her, I don't think I planned well enough to make it this year :(

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
man I wish!  I thought the new training place was close to my daughter's but it's another 2 1/2 hours past her, I don't think I planned well enough to make it this year :(

I drive almost 2-1/2 hours just to get to a home game here.  C'mon...you can do it...

Besides, it's actually Florida down there...  :P

Offline Five Banners

Yeah, I did the Palm Beach trek from Central Fla. last year. It worked fine, but I've got road tix for Kissimmee to make it less running this year.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Pitchers and Catchers Report...TODAY!

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Do these matches tend to sell out quickly, or would it be possible to fly down and catch an afternoon match and fly back that day?

Offline dcpatti

Do these matches tend to sell out quickly, or would it be possible to fly down and catch an afternoon match and fly back that day?

Depends on the team, but for most games you should be able to buy walk-up tickets or StubHub it.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

The only sell out last year was the Red Sox game.

Offline DPMOmaha

Anthony Rendon cut his hair.

Offline Natsinpwc

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

Good, he's way cuter without all the scraggly mess on his head.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.

He decided to stop fighting that nasty receding hairline, I guess.

Offline Inverted W

Going to be in WPB over the long weekend.  Does anyone know what time the boys might take the field for Friday's open practice, and if they're planning any open practices on Saturday, Sunday or Monday?  Thanks.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Going to be in WPB over the long weekend.  Does anyone know what time the boys might take the field for Friday's open practice, and if they're planning any open practices on Saturday, Sunday or Monday?  Thanks.

Practice fields open at 9:00am...

Offline dcpatti

New "Shock Top Picnic Patio" at the Ballpark of the Palm Beaches https://www.mlb.com/nationals/spring-training/ballpark?partnerId=ed-12258330-1053533013

$30 for a ticket, open seating on the patio/picnic table areas, and 90 minute buffet of brats, hotdogs and other ballpark type food.

Not a bad plan for folks with kids, since the kids play area is right there and the price gets everyone fed for cheap, but I'm bummed  because it sounds like now you need the special ticket to go sit at the picnic tables, and that was my favorite place for watching the game last season :(
I suppose I could always buy the ticket to sit there and just buy other concessions if I wasn't in the mood for bratwurst, but I would imagine this makes it harder to get one of the picnic tables now. Boo.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

My man Howie will wear number 12 this season...now that Rusty no longer has it tied up...

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
New "Shock Top Picnic Patio" at the Ballpark of the Palm Beaches https://www.mlb.com/nationals/spring-training/ballpark?partnerId=ed-12258330-1053533013

...which will hopefully have brands other than Shock Top.