Author Topic: So what about firing Rizzo again?  (Read 2466 times)

Offline nats4ever

Re: So what about firing Rizzo again?
« Reply #25: September 29, 2017, 12:00:43 AM »
If the nats lose rizzo. I"m looking forward to the whiney threads about how the lerners should have kept him. Watch... He will get snatched by a team that will give him a bigger budget and full control. Le
He hasn't posted here in about 15 months.
Yeah I have a life outside the forum lol.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #26: September 29, 2017, 10:10:56 AM »
If the nats lose rizzo. I"m looking forward to the whiney threads about how the lerners should have kept him. Watch... He will get snatched by a team that will give him a bigger budget and full control. LeYeah I have a life outside the forum lol.

The Dodgers already have six GMs.  Maybe he can go take over the Padres after my main man AJ Preller inevitably gets fired.

Offline LoveAngelos

« Reply #27: September 30, 2017, 10:37:40 AM »
I'm sorry what was that about firing Rizzo. Did I just read the Nats made the playoffs again? Are we in the playoffs? How about the Orioles? Where are you guys who said fire rizzo or we shouldn't have hired Dusty Baker????

Buck is the smartest manager in baseball but I wonder what his strategy is for having dem Os hon finish in last place this year??????????????????

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #28: October 02, 2017, 09:06:07 AM »

Buck is the smartest manager in baseball but I wonder what his strategy is for having dem Os hon finish in last place this year??????????????????

Player motivation seemed to be waning.

Offline raleighnat

« Reply #29: October 02, 2017, 12:31:00 PM »
Rizzo isn't playing this October.  His job is to assemble the best team possible.  It's the players job to make the plays and pitches.  Is Rizzo any smarter if Storen doesn't blow the save against the Cardinals?  Or if in the 40 innings game against the Giants just once somebody gets a clutch hit? 

Rizzo assembled a team at the start of the year with the best offense in baseball and great starting pitching 1-3.  The bench, when everybody was healthy, was also stellar.  In fact, the organizational depth has been good enough to keep on winning a ton of games even with guys that started the year in the minors and on the bench. 

The big weakness he had to fix during the season was the bullpen.  He did so without giving up the likes of a Robles or any other super prospect.  He not only patched up the bullpen, it's now really, really good. 

Rizzo has done a fantastic job and whether the team chokes in October or comes through doesn't change the job he's done.  By all accounts, he's put together a roster with as much chance to win this thing as anybody.  What more do you want?

Well said.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #30: October 02, 2017, 12:46:40 PM »
Rizzo isn't playing this October.  His job is to assemble the best team possible.  It's the players job to make the plays and pitches.  Is Rizzo any smarter if Storen doesn't blow the save against the Cardinals?  Or if in the 40 innings game against the Giants just once somebody gets a clutch hit? 

Rizzo assembled a team at the start of the year with the best offense in baseball and great starting pitching 1-3.  The bench, when everybody was healthy, was also stellar.  In fact, the organizational depth has been good enough to keep on winning a ton of games even with guys that started the year in the minors and on the bench. 

The big weakness he had to fix during the season was the bullpen.  He did so without giving up the likes of a Robles or any other super prospect.  He not only patched up the bullpen, it's now really, really good. 

Rizzo has done a fantastic job and whether the team chokes in October or comes through doesn't change the job he's done.  By all accounts, he's put together a roster with as much chance to win this thing as anybody.  What more do you want?

I'm as big of a Rizzo skeptic as anyone on this site and if we lose I don't really know what the answer is. The weakness was the bullpen, and he added 3 good relievers to give us a lot of depth and ability, while keeping our top 2 prospects. The offense is potent and deep. We have 2 aces and a #3 pitcher that has been excellent. Realistically I'm not sure what else he needed to do before the NLDS.

We're cursed, but maybe we get lucky this year. Rizzo has been cool with me in 2017.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #31: October 02, 2017, 12:56:32 PM »
FP argued last night that we had the best bullpen, best lineup, and best starting staff in team history.   He's probably correct, hopefully it's better than that of the Cubs.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #32: October 02, 2017, 12:57:23 PM »
FP argued last night that we had the best bullpen, best lineup, and best starting staff in team history.   He's probably correct, hopefully it's better than that of the Cubs.
Top of the rotation should be better.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #33: October 07, 2017, 08:08:25 PM »
Waiting two to five weeks to either slam you for being an optimist (read Rizzo butt kisser), while drinking in the delicious (to them) schadenfreude, or celebrating the first playoffs success in this city for a long time.

Yep, bump

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #34: October 07, 2017, 08:10:16 PM »
If Rizzo doesn't drastically overhaul this roster, he should be fired.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #35: October 07, 2017, 08:11:41 PM »
He should be fired for giving Oliver Perez a contract.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #36: October 07, 2017, 08:43:05 PM »
But is there anybody you wouldn't fire ?

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #37: October 07, 2017, 08:46:54 PM »
Yep, bump

I’m taking credit for the 8th

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #38: October 07, 2017, 09:07:33 PM »
Perez has been good the past two years. He gets lefties out.