Author Topic: Beating the Cubs  (Read 31803 times)

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

Re: Beating the Cubs
« Reply #300: October 09, 2017, 02:04:06 PM »
I really don't think money is going to determine if Bryce stays in DC or not.  He's going to get an offer from the Nationals that is at the least really close to the other offers (relatively speaking when you're talking about a 400 million dollar deal).  I tend to think that if Bryce really wants to stay in DC, he'll sign an extension this winter.  Otherwise, all next season will be full of hype about where he's going to land and for how much.

Maybe I'm naive to think so, but I don't see Bryce picking one team because they offer an extra 1 or 2 mill a year, which amounts to sofa loose change to him.  He's already so well known and marketed, I don't think he needs to pick a bigger market just for that reason alone.  I think it's a matter of where he wants to play and where his wife and him want to live, period.  He seems to like being a National and there is a core around him that can win for years to come.  He knows Rizzo is capable of retooling the team season to season and remain competitive. 

I think another factor is if he does have an opt-out after 3 or 4 years.  That means he could still hit free agency again before 30 if he wants.  I think that helps his chances of staying in DC for now.  He'd still be able to live out a dream of playing elsewhere later in his career.

Offline expos1994

« Reply #301: October 09, 2017, 02:19:17 PM »
I really don't think money is going to determine if Bryce stays in DC or not.  He's going to get an offer from the Nationals that is at the least really close to the other offers (relatively speaking when you're talking about a 400 million dollar deal).  I tend to think that if Bryce really wants to stay in DC, he'll sign an extension this winter.  Otherwise, all next season will be full of hype about where he's going to land and for how much.

Maybe I'm naive to think so, but I don't see Bryce picking one team because they offer an extra 1 or 2 mill a year, which amounts to sofa loose change to him.  He's already so well known and marketed, I don't think he needs to pick a bigger market just for that reason alone.  I think it's a matter of where he wants to play and where his wife and him want to live, period.  He seems to like being a National and there is a core around him that can win for years to come.  He knows Rizzo is capable of retooling the team season to season and remain competitive. 

I think another factor is if he does have an opt-out after 3 or 4 years.  That means he could still hit free agency again before 30 if he wants.  I think that helps his chances of staying in DC for now.  He'd still be able to live out a dream of playing elsewhere later in his career.

Putting homerism aside... I'd still say he's got a nice set up in DC if winning is his top priority.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #302: October 09, 2017, 08:19:43 PM »
I'd say Chicago has the better set up.  If you stick Harper on that Cubs team, they're almost impossible to beat.

Like if you put Bryant on the Nats?

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #303: October 09, 2017, 10:05:18 PM »
So Rizzo said in a post game interview that he felt disrespected that they pitched to him with a base open.   :?

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #304: October 09, 2017, 10:09:18 PM »
So Rizzo said in a post game interview that he felt disrespected that they pitched to him with a base open.   :?
That's why he hit that ball so hard.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #305: October 09, 2017, 10:10:50 PM »

Odd...he never struck me as a punk...until now...

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #306: October 09, 2017, 10:12:55 PM »
Odd...he never struck me as a punk...until now...

I watched his chubby act on Saturday from the boxes.    He's a crapbird.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #307: October 09, 2017, 10:23:30 PM »
So if Arizona wins tonight start time tomorrow is 5:38. If Dodgers win start time is 8:08. MLB wont adjust start time to avoid rainout. The late start makes rainout much more likely.

Edit: MLB just announced at 5:38 start time. 

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #308: October 09, 2017, 10:25:50 PM »
I watched his chubby act on Saturday from the boxes.    He's a crapbird.

I guess he thinks he can show his ass now that he has a ring...

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #309: October 09, 2017, 10:26:05 PM »
So if Arizona wins tonight start time tomorrow is 5:38. If Dodgers win start time is 8:08. MLB wont adjust start time to avoid rainout. The late start makes rainout much more likely.

Just got an alert it's 5:38 either way because of the forecast.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #310: October 09, 2017, 10:26:52 PM »

What a douchebag.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #311: October 09, 2017, 10:26:58 PM »

Yeah. I just edited my post.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #312: October 09, 2017, 10:29:40 PM »

Nats can get back to town in time to make a Wednesday morning tee time at Congressional...

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #313: October 09, 2017, 11:11:58 PM »
So a rainout means that Strasburg pitches game 4? Even with earlier start, rainout looks likely.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #314: October 09, 2017, 11:16:10 PM »
So a rainout means that Strasburg pitches game 4?

I wouldn't bet on it...

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #315: October 10, 2017, 03:26:14 PM »
So...why didn't MAT lay out for Rizzo's bloop again?

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #316: October 10, 2017, 03:28:41 PM »
Or wherever Boras organizes the 19th Green BBQ.

Nats can get back to town in time to make a Wednesday morning tee time at Congressional...

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #317: October 10, 2017, 03:29:08 PM »
I wish we could have heard who was shouting what.

So...why didn't MAT lay out for Rizzo's bloop again?

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #318: October 10, 2017, 03:31:34 PM »

Did they not ask any of them in the post game interviews?

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #319: October 10, 2017, 03:31:52 PM »

It was pretty loud at that moment. Not sure anyone would have been able to hear anything.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #320: October 10, 2017, 03:35:56 PM »
Wouldn't have mattered.  I'm sure the three of them got together briefly to come up with a story in case they were asked.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #321: October 10, 2017, 03:39:30 PM »

Not that I heard, but I wasn't paying much attention. None of them are throwing the others under the bus.

I did hear from reporters (Craig Heist, someone else I can't remember) that were at the game, that thought it would have been the LFers ball, not MAT's, based on where they were situated during the at bat. But, of course, it was Werth in LF.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #322: October 10, 2017, 03:42:34 PM »
MAT took the fall. And he was with diving range, it looked like. It didn't seem like that to me when I first saw the play, but I just watched the play and it was well within his range.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #323: October 10, 2017, 03:43:33 PM »
Not that I heard, but I wasn't paying much attention. None of them are throwing the others under the bus.

I did hear from reporters (Craig Heist, someone else I can't remember) that were at the game, that thought it would have been the LFers ball, not MAT's, based on where they were situated during the at bat. But, of course, it was Werth in LF.

:icon_frown:

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #324: October 10, 2017, 03:47:07 PM »
MAT took the fall. And he was with diving range, it looked like. It didn't seem like that to me when I first saw the play, but I just watched the play and it was well within his range.

He always seems too aware of Werth. When someone else is playing LF, he's much less deferential. (Maybe just a mindfact, but I've watched a lot of games.)