Author Topic: Beating the Cubs  (Read 31790 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Re: Beating the Cubs
« Reply #200: October 05, 2017, 04:14:38 PM »
You can be LoD or SSS all you want. It won't influence what happens on the field.

I think that's my point. It doesn't affect anything, so you might as well do what makes you feel good. It's actually instructive to me to see where folks comfort zone is.
Some enjoy being negative and some positive.

But, these cubs fans are annoying. I mean we have our share of Dusty Detractors here, but if Alex Gonzalez doesn't commit an error in game 6 of the LCS, I imagine all those dudes would be making their way to perform their promised yearly oral services on him...

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #201: October 05, 2017, 04:38:13 PM »
I grew up a Cubs fan, that lasted till the Bartman incident and the attempt to blame all their troubles that year on Mr. Bartman - just another goat. I wrote them off, hadn't lived in Chicago since I joined the Army so no loss to me, last game I went to was Opening day 1973. But I stayed loyal even after I retired...until THAT game.

They are ALWAYS optimistic. Always. It's amazing, and I can tell some of that rubbed off since I tend to be optimistic about the Nats

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #202: October 05, 2017, 04:49:27 PM »
I grew up a Cubs fan, that lasted till the Bartman incident and the attempt to blame all their troubles that year on Mr. Bartman - just another goat. I wrote them off, hadn't lived in Chicago since I joined the Army so no loss to me, last game I went to was Opening day 1973. But I stayed loyal even after I retired...until THAT game.

They are ALWAYS optimistic. Always. It's amazing, and I can tell some of that rubbed off since I tend to be optimistic about the Nats
Cubs fans optimistic? Or just dumb?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #203: October 05, 2017, 04:59:25 PM »
But, these cubs fans are annoying.

I have a loooooooooooooooooooooooong history with them, and annoying is actually something of a compliment...

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #204: October 05, 2017, 05:07:19 PM »
I have a loooooooooooooooooooooooong history with them, and annoying is actually something of a compliment...
They pretended they had won the World Series for 100 years. And then it finally happened.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #205: October 05, 2017, 05:21:15 PM »
I've been looking at the Cubs forum. It's like night and day compared to this one. They all seem very confident of a walkover in this series. Here was a quote I saw.

I mean I'd like less doom and gloom here. But those guys are too far the other way.

Basically, I think I just hate the internet

Confidence is what happens when you have a great team filled with players who can perform in the clutch, combined with the best manager and executives in baseball.

And they've seen Dusty's incompetence up close and personal.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #206: October 06, 2017, 08:23:06 AM »
So...this is happening tonight.....

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #207: October 06, 2017, 09:42:14 AM »
So...this is happening tonight.....

Get some

Offline imref

« Reply #208: October 06, 2017, 09:52:22 AM »
:gunz:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #209: October 06, 2017, 10:11:28 AM »
Broke out my Zimmmmm gold glove and silver slugger bobblehead in anticipation.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #210: October 06, 2017, 10:16:46 AM »
Broke out my Zimmmmm gold glove and silver slugger bobblehead in anticipation.

twinkies are already eliminated.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #211: October 07, 2017, 12:37:30 AM »
Lester has been hittable. Win the game tomorrow and it’s a series, tied with Max and Strasburg set to pitch. Nats fans should know more than anyone that leads can be squandered.

Offline HondoKillebrew

« Reply #212: October 07, 2017, 12:49:40 AM »
Lester has been hittable. Win the game tomorrow and it’s a series, tied with Max and Strasburg set to pitch. Nats fans should know more that anyone that leads can be squandered.

Yep, it's all on the line tomorrow (er, today already). 

Offline Slateman

« Reply #213: October 07, 2017, 09:27:03 AM »
Max may not be Max.  G4 is pretty much a throwaway game for the Nats with that pitching matchup that heavily favors the Cubs.

So tomorrow is pretty much the series decider.
It's already over. You just said it. Game 4 is a throw away and then it's Game 5 against Hendrick.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #214: October 07, 2017, 09:29:23 AM »
These bums are the Caps without the first round playoff series wins.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #215: October 07, 2017, 01:33:24 PM »
There are a bunch of crybabies on this chatboard

It's already over. You just said it. Game 4 is a throw away and then it's Game 5 against Hendrick.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #216: October 07, 2017, 02:07:38 PM »

Kill yourself immediately.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #217: October 07, 2017, 02:08:52 PM »
These bums are the Caps without the first round playoff series wins.

This is, effectively, the second round of the playoffs.

No one is crying, twatwaffle. But some people on this board are actually realistic. This team skated the last month of the season. It faced zero adversity throughout the entire season. And the coaching staff has no success in the playoffs.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #218: October 07, 2017, 02:11:23 PM »
This is, effectively, the second round of the playoffs.
No one is crying, twatwaffle. But some people on this board are actually realistic. This team skated the last month of the season. It faced zero adversity throughout the entire season. And the coaching staff has no success in the playoffs.
It's already been documented that finishing strong in September bears no relation to
Playoff success. Even if they finished strong they would find a way to lose.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #219: October 07, 2017, 02:12:32 PM »
Lester has been hittable. Win the game tomorrow and it’s a series, tied with Max and Strasburg set to pitch. Nats fans should know more than anyone that leads can be squandered.
Yes. It's really on the line today.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #220: October 07, 2017, 02:32:11 PM »
I’ll just post this and let everyone here go insane.

https://www.thescore.com/news/1392554

Offline Demafrost

« Reply #221: October 07, 2017, 03:06:28 PM »
Hey guys, trying to tread lightly here but wanted to get your perspective on Hendricks. It seems like no matter how well he does he doesnt really strike fear into opposing fans. And actually to be honest, many in his own fan base tend to discount him. Earlier in this thread when discussing the rotation his name wasn't brought up. Did his start yesterday change the perception at all? Are you at all scared at the possibility of facing Hendricks in game 5?  It seems like the most respect that is given to him is "yeah he's really good but we can probably get to him"

For the record I'm terrified at the thought of potentially facing Stras in game 5 after watching his performance last night.

Offline imref

« Reply #222: October 07, 2017, 03:09:27 PM »
Hey guys, trying to tread lightly here but wanted to get your perspective on Hendricks. It seems like no matter how well he does he doesnt really strike fear into opposing fans. And actually to be honest, many in his own fan base tend to discount him. Earlier in this thread when discussing the rotation his name wasn't brought up. Did his start yesterday change the perception at all? Are you at all scared at the possibility of facing Hendricks in game 5?

For the record I'm terrified at the thought of potentially facing Stras in game 5 after watching his performance last night.

It is kind of weird, he's very Maddox-esque in that he relies on location and movement to get people out.  It seems people don't really talk about him like they do Kershaw, Bumgarner, Scherzer, and even Lester as top tier guys, but his record is impressive.  Yes, I'm very concerned about facing him again.  He's pitching as well as anyone right now.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #223: October 07, 2017, 03:09:43 PM »
I’ll just post this and let everyone here go insane.

https://www.thescore.com/news/1392554

I like Dusty.    What am I missin'?

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #224: October 07, 2017, 03:10:21 PM »
Hey guys, trying to tread lightly here but wanted to get your perspective on Hendricks. It seems like no matter how well he does he doesnt really strike fear into opposing fans. And actually to be honest, many in his own fan base tend to discount him. Earlier in this thread when discussing the rotation his name wasn't brought up. Did his start yesterday change the perception at all? Are you at all scared at the possibility of facing Hendricks in game 5?  It seems like the most respect that is given to him is "yeah he's really good but we can probably get to him"

Yesterday, he proved that he's one of those finesse pitchers who's pitches well in tough spots, which is the Nats' kryptonite.  I don't think any of us want to see him again.