Author Topic: Nationals vs Braves, Game 2  (Read 21399 times)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Re: Nationals vs. Braves, Game 2
« Reply #150: September 13, 2017, 09:25:52 PM »
I'm so pissed right now.  I can't believe he came out for the 7th.  I read an article today that said Nats starters were all overworked this year because of the crappy bullpen we had in the first half, and that now that the division is won they will rest the starters, no reason to have them go deep into ball games, or throw 100 pitches...

They deserve to have Scherzer injured for the playoffs.  Just a bafoon move.  And I usually would defend Dusty, but this was beyond horrible.

+1!! I cant even watch this anymore I'm so freaking annoyed!

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #151: September 13, 2017, 09:25:58 PM »
Max needs to be rested the rest of the way. Get him ready for October.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #152: September 13, 2017, 09:26:05 PM »
You already dropped the f bomb once in this thread. Just go ahead and stick with it. It's the right situation.

So freaking what!!!

Offline tomwvr

« Reply #153: September 13, 2017, 09:26:40 PM »
Max should never have started the inning at 97 pitches and what the hell are they thinking with the reliever of choice...

Offline Leroy Veritas

« Reply #154: September 13, 2017, 09:26:48 PM »
I'm so pissed right now.  I can't believe he came out for the 7th.  I read an article today that said Nats starters were all overworked this year because of the crappy bullpen we had in the first half, and that now that the division is won they will rest the starters, no reason to have them go deep into ball games, or throw 100 pitches...

They deserve to have Scherzer injured for the playoffs.  Just a bafoon move.  And I usually would defend Dusty, but this was beyond horrible.

Max threw over 300 pitches more than anyone in MLB last year as well. The manager doesn't have the brains or balls to pull him when needed.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #155: September 13, 2017, 09:28:36 PM »
There goes Max's Cy Young bid

No cy young this year for max.

good, maybe this will put an end to any thinking that he should stay out there longer than is necessary. Only idiot fans care about individual awards.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #156: September 13, 2017, 09:29:08 PM »

:hysterical: skippy ran off to the nearest bowling alley

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #157: September 13, 2017, 09:29:53 PM »
Because never in the history of baseball has a veteran pitcher talked or insisted his way into pitching more innings. Dusty is the first ever manager to succumb to this...

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #158: September 13, 2017, 09:30:13 PM »
Max should never have started the inning at 97 pitches and what the hell are they thinking with the reliever of choice...

Exactly. The tie got him off the hook for the loss. He should ever have started the inning or, at the very least, yanked after the leadoff walk. Dusty needs to go.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #159: September 13, 2017, 09:33:13 PM »
Because never in the history of baseball has a veteran pitcher talked or insisted his way into pitching more innings. Dusty is the first ever manager to succumb to this...
It's the timing and being a meaningless game. The only improtant thing is getting ready for October. Everything else is BS.

Radio said Kinsler was throwing in the bullpen with Maddux watching which is unusual for a reliever. Not sure if he was working on mechanics or an injury concern. In any event another befuddling move to have him then pitch tonight and with little warmup time.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #160: September 13, 2017, 09:33:33 PM »
According to google, they fly the Dassault/Dornier Alpha Jet

I did that google thing and it appears I was thinkin' of the delta wing Mirage.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #161: September 13, 2017, 09:34:04 PM »

I disagreed with the decision but some people love to pile on Baker and will blame him for everything that goes wrong with this team. The truth is that some veterans have more say than other players and will insist on getting a longer leash. I believe that to be the case with Scherzer and I freaking hate it in this instance.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #162: September 13, 2017, 09:38:07 PM »
Skippy - do you have Barves fans down there that you have to deal with ?

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #163: September 13, 2017, 09:38:24 PM »

I disagreed with the decision but some people love to pile on Baker and will blame him for everything that goes wrong with this team. The truth is that some veterans have more say than other players and will insist on getting a longer leash. I believe that to be the case with Scherzer and I freaking hate it in this instance.
Even if you give him a long leash no excuse for not having relievers up to start the inning. And what's with bringing in a reliever who pitched a bullpen session.

Offline NatNasty

« Reply #164: September 13, 2017, 09:38:37 PM »

good, maybe this will put an end to any thinking that he should stay out there longer than is necessary. Only idiot fans care about individual awards.

I agree.  My post was a little jab at FP's crowing about the CY chase earlier in the broadcast.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #165: September 13, 2017, 09:39:26 PM »
And what's with bringing in a reliever who pitched a bullpen session.

that happens all the time

Offline mitlen

« Reply #166: September 13, 2017, 09:39:45 PM »
I hope Grace doesn't make the post season roster.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #167: September 13, 2017, 09:41:23 PM »

there's no reason for him to be on it

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #168: September 13, 2017, 09:41:40 PM »

that happens all the time
Not according to Charlie and Dave. They said it is very unusual for a reliever.

Offline NatsAllThe Way

« Reply #169: September 13, 2017, 09:42:01 PM »
If I wake up tomorrow and find out Max is injured and uncertain for the playoffs I swear....

I also read today that the Nats brass were not focusing on trying to catch the Dodgers, but rather focused on staying healthy for the playoffs...  what the actual freak!?!?!

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #170: September 13, 2017, 09:42:18 PM »
He should have been warming up and brought it in early last inning for that very reason. He is expendable.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #171: September 13, 2017, 09:42:32 PM »

there's no reason for him to be on it

:phew:

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #172: September 13, 2017, 09:42:50 PM »
If I wake up tomorrow and find out Max is injured and uncertain for the playoffs I swear....

I also read today that the Nats brass were not focusing on trying to catch the Dodgers, but rather focused on staying healthy for the playoffs...  what the actual freak!?!?!
Dusty wasn't listening to no brass.

Offline NatsAllThe Way

« Reply #173: September 13, 2017, 09:45:01 PM »
Dusty wasn't listening to no brass.

I think the article was including him in he brass.  Rusty brass is not a good thing, bring on the brasso and get him out of there.

Offline NatNasty

« Reply #174: September 13, 2017, 09:46:12 PM »