Author Topic: We're promoting Victor Robles??  (Read 5412 times)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: We're promoting Victor Robles??
« Reply #75: September 15, 2017, 12:37:35 PM »
If Harper isn't ready to go by the NLDS I wouldn't be surprised to see our OF consist of a Lind/Werth platoon in LF, with Taylor in CF and Robles in RF.
I think they should just use Harper as a pinch hitter the first series and play Robles in RF.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #76: September 15, 2017, 12:39:48 PM »
Can't forget about Howie, though.

yeah, good point. 

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #77: September 15, 2017, 01:14:11 PM »
I think they should just use Harper as a pinch hitter the first series and play Robles in RF.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

« Reply #78: September 15, 2017, 01:21:48 PM »
Robles is very, very exciting.  I'm sure we'll take a long look at him next Spring Training.  I still predict him to be on the Trea Turner plan with the cup of coffee in the bigs, then start the next season in the minors, then come up to stay.  If Eaton is back healthy and both MAT and Goodwin play like they have this season, then we'll have a good problem and trade bait.  I really get excited thinking about Trea and Robles both at the top of the lineup one day.  We will easily lead the league in steals.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #79: September 15, 2017, 01:36:16 PM »

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:
I dolt you. Severino is gonna get us the walk off

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #80: September 15, 2017, 02:06:27 PM »
I dolt you. Severino is gonna get us the walk off

:rofl:

Offline Slateman

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #82: September 15, 2017, 02:17:40 PM »
Robles is very, very exciting.  I'm sure we'll take a long look at him next Spring Training.  I still predict him to be on the Trea Turner plan with the cup of coffee in the bigs, then start the next season in the minors, then come up to stay.  If Eaton is back healthy and both MAT and Goodwin play like they have this season, then we'll have a good problem and trade bait.  I really get excited thinking about Trea and Robles both at the top of the lineup one day.  We will easily lead the league in steals.
I lean towards your prediction on when he is up forever, but the alternative might be to sell high on MAT (to a GM impressed by the tools and isn't chased off by BABIP overperformance and Ks) for whatever need you need to fill, start the year with an OF built around Eaton in a corner and Goodwin in CF early, and Robles up in mid-May.

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #83: September 15, 2017, 02:43:54 PM »
I lean towards your prediction on when he is up forever, but the alternative might be to sell high on MAT (to a GM impressed by the tools and isn't chased off by BABIP overperformance and Ks) for whatever need you need to fill, start the year with an OF built around Eaton in a corner and Goodwin in CF early, and Robles up in mid-May.

I think the adjustments that Taylor has made are probably going to impact his BABIP to tick up which is why his production this year is still likely sustainable. He is making more hard contact and hitting more flyballs this season, regardless that his K% and BB% are right around the same each season. Having a guy who hits with a .770+ OPS and stellar CF defense as an 8 hole hitter is quite valuable. I don't see Taylor going so far backwards that he kills all of his value and until you know for certain what the outcome is with Harper and where Soto is in his development (or if he is flipped for another piece) then you hold onto Taylor.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84: September 15, 2017, 03:38:23 PM »
I think the adjustments that Taylor has made are probably going to impact his BABIP to tick up which is why his production this year is still likely sustainable. He is making more hard contact and hitting more flyballs this season, regardless that his K% and BB% are right around the same each season. Having a guy who hits with a .770+ OPS and stellar CF defense as an 8 hole hitter is quite valuable. I don't see Taylor going so far backwards that he kills all of his value and until you know for certain what the outcome is with Harper and where Soto is in his development (or if he is flipped for another piece) then you hold onto Taylor.

I agree with this. I wouldn’t trade Taylor until you know what’s happening with Harper. It gives,you a chance for a good to great outfield in 2018 even if he leaves.

Offline Optics

« Reply #85: September 16, 2017, 09:16:35 AM »
I'd prefer Severino over Lobaton as well. I mean who wouldn't? He can PR for Weiters late in games. Lobby doesn't really serve much value, which sucks to say because he seems like a genuinely good guy and I'm sure is beloved in the clubhouse.

EDIT: Oops wrong thread. Reg. Robles, if Goodwin isn't healthy I'm fine with him being on the postseason roster. Can PR for Werth late in games and he seems to have the composure to not get rattled in the playoffs.