Author Topic: Lobaton is the worst offensive player I've ever seen...  (Read 1795 times)

Offline NatsAllThe Way

... as bad as Wieters has been if he's ever injured during the playoffs we're toast.  Forget Harper, losing Wieters would end it immediately.  Can't have that kind of a silly black hole in the playoffs.  Discuss.

Online Natsinpwc

... as bad as Wieters has been if he's ever injured during the playoffs we're toast.  Forget Harper, losing Wieters would end it immediately.  Can't have that kind of a silly black hole in the playoffs.  Discuss.
I noticed the other evening that loby's OPS was lower than Scherzer.

Offline aBaltoNat

Severino should be the full time backup at C.

As much as I've enjoyed Lobys presence over the past few years, his time as a Nat needs to be done.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Funny - I was going to start a thread in the Farm section re: Severino, S Kieboom, and Read - any MLB guys there?  because I am pretty sure Loby is gone next year.  I wonder which if any can take over as back up next year and perhaps eventually be an MLB regular here.

Here's the farm thread: http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=35666.0

Online welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Loby: painful as a hitter.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Loby did hit a game winning HR in game 3 IIRC last year.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
I'm not concerned about a backup catcher's offense, but I want to see Pedro Severino as the primary backup next season behind plate with an opportunity to be the full time guy after Wieters.

Offline Ray D

Game 2.
We were losing 2-0 and he hit a three-run homerrun.  It was fairly early in the game and we ended up winning 5-2 so I don't know if I'd call it game winning, but it was clutch.

Offline DPMOmaha

Game 2.
We were losing 2-0 and he hit a three-run homerrun.  It was fairly early in the game and we ended up winning 5-2 so I don't know if I'd call it game winning, but it was clutch.
It was. When you score the run that gives you the lead for good, that's the winning run.

Offline NatsAllThe Way

Janet Jackson wrote a song back in '86 that perfectly illustrates my feelings about that.  Actually, she likely didn't write it, but she probably sang it.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Janet Jackson wrote a song back in '86 that perfectly illustrates my feelings about that.  Actually, she likely didn't write it, but she probably sang it.

Janet Jackson does have a writing credit on the song...

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

Offline Ray D

Is she the one who showed her tits at the Superbowl halftime?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Is she the one who showed her tits at the Superbowl halftime?

I think it was just one, but still forbidden on the WNFF.   :nono:

Offline NatsAllThe Way

(.)

Lobaton was born in '84.  Coincidence?  I doubt it.

Offline Ray D

Offline nfotiu

You are putting way too much weight on how much #8 hitters influence games in the NL.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
You are putting way too much weight on how much #8 hitters influence games in the NL.

How soon you forget the best #8 hitter in baseball  ....   Espinosa.

Offline Leroy Veritas

I'm not concerned about a backup catcher's offense, but I want to see Pedro Severino as the primary backup next season behind plate with an opportunity to be the full time guy after Wieters.

I've heard some questions about Severino's glove. Not calling games, but his actual glove. The AAA play-by-play guy was on with C&D before a game a few weeks back and said that Severino will routinely drop 2-3 pitches each night and doesn't field throws coming into home well at all. I'm hoping that was hyperbole, but I haven't seen enough to know one way or the other.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
I can't believe anyone takes an alarmist thread by NatsAllTheWay serious.

Offline LoveAngelos

When Lobo played regularily for the Tampa Bay Rays he had a pretty consistent bat. He needs that repetition thing. I wish he would spell Weiters more often 

Offline Ray D

I wish he would spell Weiters more often 

I can hardly spell it.  You know, that I before E thing.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Severino should be the full time backup starter at C.

As much as I've enjoyed Lobys presence over the past few years, his time as a Nat needs to be done.
Fixed it for you.

Severino should be starting, with Lobaton as backup, and that 20 million spent on Greg Holland.

Offline NatsAllThe Way

I can hardly spell it.  You know, that I before E thing.

LOL

Offline Optics

He's a backup C. How many of them hit?

And no, Espinosa was way worse.

Talk about first world problems.