Author Topic: Sanctuary City for the banned  (Read 2556 times)

Offline LoveAngelos

Sanctuary City for the banned
« Topic Start: August 22, 2017, 07:27:22 AM »
If you have been banned from the Nats MLB board for having incurred the ire of Catacony, the high priest of Nats political correctness, then welcome my brothers and sisters. Come and find rest, peace and vent to your heart's content. No Kool Aid served here.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: Sanctuary City for the banned
« Reply #1: August 22, 2017, 08:00:25 AM »
Hell, we even let Zimmm post here.    :hysterical:

Offline RiotAct

« Reply #2: August 22, 2017, 08:11:28 AM »
I hereby cut off all your federal funding!!!

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #3: August 22, 2017, 08:23:29 AM »
If you have been banned from the Nats MLB board for having incurred the ire of Catacony, the high priest of Nats political correctness, then welcome my brothers and sisters. Come and find rest, peace and vent to your heart's content. No Kool Aid served here.
I left on my own a few years ago. Used a different name there. It's better here.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #4: August 22, 2017, 08:27:30 AM »
If T-Rexes could blush, then the Chief would be a curious mix of red and green right now.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #5: August 22, 2017, 08:52:08 AM »
I left on my own a few years ago. Used a different name there. It's better here.

Minty Fresh kidnapped me and brought me here in 2007.

Offline LoveAngelos

« Reply #6: August 22, 2017, 10:18:57 AM »
It took me awhile to see the light but I finally did. Any place that can tolerate Zimm is certainly a welcome port to  dock. My old board name  was a real problem for catacony or FP or Mark or whever that guy real is; they do love Angelos over there you know but like I said I saw the light thanks to the suck ups who moderate there

Offline awbb

« Reply #7: August 22, 2017, 10:26:55 AM »
I just typed in "Washington Nationals forum" into a well known search engine and wnff.net was top of the list.

Chief clearly knows how to optimise this site (though I do think he should get some comedy domain names that link to here as well, if he hasn't already (theslipperybag.com is free)).

I didn't even know there was an "official" forum, but surely, surely, it's flaming obvious that Nats fans are going to "anti Angelos, all the time". Do the forum Stasi over there genuinely crack down on threads/posts that criticise him?

:confused:

Offline LoveAngelos

« Reply #8: August 22, 2017, 10:47:58 AM »
 Yes, they do take offense to the slightest slights of the team or any  criticism regardless how well meaning or reasoned. I was a contributor to that board since 05 and the censorship became worse as time went on

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #9: August 22, 2017, 10:49:58 AM »
Yes, they do take offense to the slightest slights of the team or any  criticism regardless how well meaning or reasoned. I was a contributor to that board since 05 and the censorship became worse as time went on

Ironically one of the reasons this board was successful from the start was the complete lack of moderation on the MLB board at that time.  Overrun with trolls, some of whom now live here.      :crackup:

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #10: August 22, 2017, 11:11:34 AM »
2010-2011 offseason I was over at MLB.com and then migrated over to FederalBaseball which is a great site, but more of a blog with comments than an open board. Found this right before the insanity that was the 2011 offseason, forever to be known as the year of Prince Fielder.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #11: August 22, 2017, 12:36:42 PM »
It took me awhile to see the light but I finally did. Any place that can tolerate Zimm is certainly a welcome port to  dock. My old board name  was a real problem for catacony or FP or Mark or whever that guy real is; they do love Angelos over there you know but like I said I saw the light thanks to the suck ups who moderate

I stopped going there due to the really slow page loading that led to reduced activity. Now that you are here you need to bring over Rich and Kim.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #12: August 22, 2017, 01:34:08 PM »
Since we have more flexibility in posting pictures and links, let's celebrate today being the 10th anniversary of the O's being swept in a double header by the Rangers, 9-7 and.................30 - 3.    :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Offline NatNasty

« Reply #13: August 22, 2017, 01:53:13 PM »
I've never been on the MLB board, but now I'm tempted to join just to see how quickly I can get banned.

Offline LoveAngelos

« Reply #14: August 22, 2017, 05:43:23 PM »
"I've never been on the MLB board, but now I'm tempted to join just to see how quickly I can get banned."

Do it and you will be presented with a Angelossux merit badge with a mustard stained Scrapple sash

Offline LoveAngelos

« Reply #15: August 22, 2017, 05:45:02 PM »
I stopped going there due to the really slow page loading that led to reduced activity. Now that you are here you need to bring over Rich and Kim."

I would drop a leaflet inviting from the air but even the air defnses over there are impenetrable

Offline LoveAngelos

« Reply #16: August 22, 2017, 05:46:09 PM »
Since we have more flexibility in posting pictures and links, let's celebrate today being the 10th anniversary of the O's being swept in a double header by the Rangers, 9-7 and.................30 - 3.    :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Hey hon dat dere is pretty funny  :hysterical:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #17: August 22, 2017, 05:47:56 PM »
I hereby cut off all your federal funding!!!

I see what you did there.    :)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #18: August 22, 2017, 07:25:35 PM »

Hey hon dat dere is pretty funny  :hysterical:

We also have to have quote training for the newbs.   :lol:

Angeloslover, see that "quote" button just above this box and to the right?  It's a tool for you to play with.   

Offline mitlen

« Reply #19: August 22, 2017, 07:26:35 PM »
We also have to have quote training for the newbs.   :lol:

Angeloslover, see that "quote" button just above this box and to the right?  It's a tool for you to play with.   

Damn modern technology.      :couch:

Scraps

« Reply #20: August 22, 2017, 10:43:52 PM »
"I've never been on the MLB board, but now I'm tempted to join just to see how quickly I can get banned."

Do it and you will be presented with a Angelossux merit badge with a mustard stained Scrapple sash

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

If you're leaving Nats Park without a mustard stain, you just aren't playing hard enough.

Get in the game!!! Go NAAAAAAAAAAAAATS!  :woop: :clap: :woop:

Offline LoveAngelos

« Reply #21: August 23, 2017, 06:51:43 AM »
Damn modern technology.      :couch:

As soon as I finally get this modern technology thing all figured out they will be throwing dirt on top of me....and the Nats will finally win the World Series

Offline LoveAngelos

« Reply #22: August 23, 2017, 06:53:51 AM »

If you're leaving Nats Park without a mustard stain, you just aren't playing hard enough.

I have been informed by front office sources that "Get in the Game" will be next season's mantra for the concessions ad campaign ...and GEICO

Offline Ray D

« Reply #23: August 23, 2017, 07:54:12 AM »

Scrapple?  Where you been?

Scraps

« Reply #24: August 23, 2017, 06:36:47 PM »
Scrapple?  Where you been?

Ray!!! What's up!?!

Guess I was banned from the Official Nats message board for profanity towards the moderator. He baited me by deleting several of Angelossux's and my posts that were not derogatory to the club and had absolutely  no profanity. 
That being said, I probably should have been suspended for a month or two for the profanity and i would have been okay with that. But why that moderator went after Angelossux is anyone's guess. And my guess is, Catacony had his hands in on it. I have my reasons for knowing this and I'll leave it at that.

When I become tech savvy enough to return, Catacony might want to be on his toes with each and every comment he makes. I will most certainly curtique all of his dip-poop comments that in the past felt weren't even worth the bother. Catacony isn't a real baseball guy and for some reason he's frustrated by that fact. Or maybe he simply had a bad childhood ???..... don't know what would make anyone  SOOO impersonal and miserable ?

I tried all four of my devices with a new username & password and from a different wifi yet, none will allow me to post. Guess that's one of the downfalls of having Apple products that are all linked together? Of course my wife is tech savvy enough to fix the issue HOWEVER, I don't want to hear her, "aren't you too old for those words yet"  lecture.   :nono:  :smh:

Looking at the message board over there and not being able to participate  made me feel like a cat looking into a fish bowl with no access. 

In the meantime, I'll be working on fixing this issue on my own.  :punch:

Go NAAAATS BABY!!!  :woop: :w: :woop: