Author Topic: Harper going to Espinosa school of batting?  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Re: Harper going to Espinosa school of batting?
« Reply #25: August 07, 2017, 11:22:12 AM »
I am definitely lobbying for a bigger type face.  However, I don't want to surrender my aisle seat.   (left edge)

:hysterical:
My nephew who goes to a lot of games with me thinks that sign is a big deal and always shows it people. It always embarrasses the crap out of me.

Offline LoveAngelos

« Reply #26: August 07, 2017, 12:51:18 PM »
Well, what if he's committed through 2019?      Do you then get credit for 2005 - 2019 (15)?'

As I was saying I am a charter member of the ST  club and have not yet had my seat privileges revoked , yet. I promise not to use the "A" word again or any word of insult or degradation which begins with the first 26 letters of the alphabet.

BTW with the game on the line and runners in scoring position; 2 outs bottom of the 9th; who do you want at the plate? My  preference with the first being my first preference in descending  order

1. Murphy
2. Rendon
3. Weiters
4.  Lind
5. Zimmerman
6. Clint Robinson
7. Harper

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #27: August 07, 2017, 01:00:45 PM »
1.048 OPS with RISP this season.

1.121 with RISP & 2 outs.

.992 in "late and close."

1.147 OPS in "high leverage" situations.

We deserve to have Bryce leave and sign with Chicago considering how many hoops Nats fans jump through to bash his performance.

Offline Optics

« Reply #28: August 07, 2017, 01:02:21 PM »
Of all the dumb PC and sportsfan posts on this forum, this might go down as the stupidest in its history.

Offline SkinsNatFan21RIP

« Reply #29: August 07, 2017, 01:04:25 PM »
Well, what if he's committed through 2019?      Do you then get credit for 2005 - 2019 (15)?'

As I was saying I am a charter member of the ST  club and have not yet had my seat privileges revoked , yet. I promise not to use the "A" word again or any word of insult or degradation which begins with the first 26 letters of the alphabet.

BTW with the game on the line and runners in scoring position; 2 outs bottom of the 9th; who do you want at the plate? My  preference with the first being my first preference in descending  order

1. Murphy
2. Rendon
3. Weiters
4.  Lind
5. Zimmerman
6. Clint Robinson
7. Harper

Give it a rest dude. You don't like Harper, we get it.

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

« Reply #30: August 07, 2017, 02:30:00 PM »
You can differentiate being negative towards Harper and just trolling when you compare him to Espinosa and say you rather Clint Robinson hit for him in the clutch.  Likely a Yankees fan hoping Harper hears of this and hates DC fans and signs with the Yanks.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #31: August 07, 2017, 02:45:14 PM »

1. Murphy
2. Rendon
3. Weiters
4.  Lind
5. Zimmerman
6. Clint Robinson
7. Harper

:spit:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #32: August 07, 2017, 02:45:57 PM »
Give it a rest dude. You don't like Harper, we get it.

Well, he likes him better than Edwin Jackson, with respect to clutch hitting anyway.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #33: August 07, 2017, 02:58:37 PM »
You can differentiate being negative towards Harper and just trolling when you compare him to Espinosa and say you rather Clint Robinson hit for him in the clutch.  Likely a Yankees fan hoping Harper hears of this and hates DC fans and signs with the Yanks.

Calm down, Angelossux LoveAngelos has been posting on the Nats "official" MLB board since forever, and like a good many of the rest of us has eventually joined here where he can enjoy top notch moderation services at a cost effective monthly subscription rate.        8)

But don't believe me, ask some of the other folks who have spent time over there.  RayD for one - Ray? 

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #34: August 07, 2017, 02:59:59 PM »
Calm down, Angelossux LoveAngelos has been posting on the Nats "official" MLB board since forever, and like a good many of the rest of us has eventually joined here where he can enjoy top notch moderation services at a cost effective monthly subscription rate.        8)

Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeriste     :)

Offline dracnal

« Reply #35: August 07, 2017, 03:04:26 PM »

But don't believe me, ask some of the other folks who have spent time over there.  RayD for one - Ray?

Yeah, I can verify that one. Though, as I recall, he makes the LoD folks seem pretty optimistic.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #36: August 07, 2017, 03:49:01 PM »

My candid assessment - he complains way too much, always has. Doesn't appear to derive much pleasure from being a fan, most of his posts are doom and gloom.  On the other side, he is definitely not a troll, I can absolutely guarantee that; he is as passionate about the team as  any of us, and best of all, he hates Angelos with a passion that even I can't seem to match.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #37: August 07, 2017, 03:53:44 PM »
My candid assessment - he complains way too much, always has. Doesn't appear to derive much pleasure from being a fan, most of his posts are doom and gloom.

So he's Slate?

Offline LoveAngelos

« Reply #38: August 07, 2017, 05:06:57 PM »

Offline NJ Ave

« Reply #39: August 07, 2017, 05:12:56 PM »
What is going on in this thread? Someone complaining about Harper hitting .347 with RISP? Or that he's batting .342 with 2 outs and RISP? That he's hitting over .300 in every single "clutch hitting" category on baseball-reference?

Can a mod please move this thread to the bizarro-world WNFF, FFNW.ten?

Offline LoveAngelos

« Reply #40: August 07, 2017, 05:31:13 PM »
NJ Ave I bet you could throw Harper 3 braking balls in the dirt with RISP and he would swing and miss each one. Just as he did Saturday in Chicago....stay tuned and watch

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
« Reply #41: August 07, 2017, 05:36:31 PM »
NJ Ave I bet you could throw Harper 3 braking balls in the dirt with RISP and he would swing and miss each one. Just as he did Saturday in Chicago....stay tuned and watch
wSI is 11.9 and wSL is 2.8 and those are the two most likely pitches to end up in the dirt but hey, why let facts get in the way of the hate?

Offline Optics

« Reply #42: August 07, 2017, 06:05:38 PM »

Nothing you say is supported by facts or evidence.

I nominate this guy to replace PC as the biggest idiot in forum history.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
« Reply #43: August 07, 2017, 06:14:26 PM »
I nominate this guy to replace PC as the biggest idiot in forum history.
Too early.  PC's body of work is truly something to behold.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #44: August 07, 2017, 06:19:28 PM »

Whatever. This is still the worst thread I've seen here in years.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #45: August 07, 2017, 10:27:33 PM »
My candid assessment - he complains way too much, always has. Doesn't appear to derive much pleasure from being a fan, most of his posts are doom and gloom.  On the other side, he is definitely not a troll, I can absolutely guarantee that; he is as passionate about the team as  any of us, and best of all, he hates Angelos with a passion that even I can't seem to match.

Thank you sir.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46: August 08, 2017, 12:48:28 AM »
Too early.  PC's body of work is truly something to behold.

But the fact that he’s even in consideration with less than 40 posts is astounding...

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
« Reply #47: August 08, 2017, 12:54:20 AM »
But the fact that he’s even in consideration with less than 40 posts is astounding...
Great start to a career.  No question.  But can he maintain it like the great ones?

Offline Ray D

« Reply #48: August 08, 2017, 01:06:07 AM »

Offline LoveAngelos

« Reply #49: August 08, 2017, 08:37:37 AM »
I derive great glee from irritating the overly pompous who just do't get it. Carry on. :thumbs: