Author Topic: Harper going to Espinosa school of batting?  (Read 2204 times)

Offline LoveAngelos

Harper going to Espinosa school of batting?
« Topic Start: August 06, 2017, 10:36:03 AM »
Seems like Harper has become either strike out or home run and when runners are in scoring position it is a K.
He hits a lot of solo home runs and drives in meaningless runs when the team is far behind or ahead but when it is make or break time he seems to fail the team.

Not the type of production worth 400 million or more.

Please don't ban me here for speaking HH ....Harper Herasy.....I have very few places to go anymore  :donkey:

Offline ZimW1N

• ResignSoto2025
Re: Harper going to Espinosa school of batting?
« Reply #1: August 06, 2017, 11:35:00 AM »
He's in a bit of a slump but I dont think its anything we need to actually worry about. He'll get it together again.

Offline rileyn

« Reply #2: August 06, 2017, 11:38:36 AM »
Seems like Harper has become either strike out or home run and when runners are in scoring position it is a K.
He hits a lot of solo home runs and drives in meaningless runs when the team is far behind or ahead but when it is make or break time he seems to fail the team.

Not the type of production worth 400 million or more.

Please don't ban me here for speaking HH ....Harper Herasy.....I have very few places to go anymore  :donkey:

Well just last week in the opener in Miami, we won 1-0.  The only run came on poke to left by Bryce with a runner on 3rd. 

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #3: August 06, 2017, 11:41:25 AM »
I've seen Danny Espinosa. Bryce Harper is no Danny Espinosa.

Offline LoveAngelos

« Reply #5: August 06, 2017, 12:10:45 PM »
"Well just last week in the opener in Miami, we won 1-0.  The only run came on poke to left by Bryce with a runner on 3rd. "

Tis the problem I have with him. He does not change his approach enough to poke those runners in when some scoring momentum is needed.

milten, thanks for posting the Post article. I don't buy that paper anymore

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #6: August 06, 2017, 12:42:11 PM »
Troll thread is troll

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #7: August 06, 2017, 01:48:39 PM »
"Well just last week in the opener in Miami, we won 1-0.  The only run came on poke to left by Bryce with a runner on 3rd. "

Tis the problem I have with him. He does not change his approach enough to poke those runners in when some scoring momentum is needed.

milten, thanks for posting the Post article. I don't buy that paper anymore

I only walk over to the grocery store to get the Sunday edition  ...   more of a tradition.    I haven't gotten the daily since the missus lost her job (10 or so years ago) and they tried to hose me on canceling my subscription.

Offline More of #34

« Reply #8: August 06, 2017, 06:26:24 PM »
I wouldn't mention the two men in the same sentence.  A really awful comparison.  Harper's  little grounder/hit today started a HUGE comeback.

Offline LoveAngelos

« Reply #9: August 06, 2017, 06:38:40 PM »
I wouldn't mention the two men in the same sentence.  A really awful comparison.  Harper's  little grounder/hit today started a HUGE comeback."

I did not see it so can't comment on his approach but his all of nothing approach does not allow for that when they need it on too many occasions and

the A hole who thinks this is a troll thread should open his eyes  get your head out of the "I'm a  idiot fan the owners and players rely on to dupe the paying customers Kool Aid" and try to think for his/herself.....and come talk to me about trolls after you have spent 15 years of season tickets on this baseball enterprise.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #10: August 06, 2017, 06:48:04 PM »
:lmao:  :wtf: is this crap serious?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #11: August 06, 2017, 06:50:47 PM »
I wouldn't mention the two men in the same sentence.  A really awful comparison.  Harper's  little grounder/hit today started a HUGE comeback."

I did not see it so can't comment on his approach but his all of nothing approach does not allow for that when they need it on too many occasions and

the A hole who thinks this is a troll thread should open his eyes  get your head out of the "I'm a  idiot fan the owners and players rely on to dupe the paying customers Kool Aid" and try to think for his/herself.....and come talk to me about trolls after you have spent 15 years of season tickets on this baseball enterprise.

We try not to call each other "A-holes" on WNFF.  "Moron", however, is always in play...

Congrats on being a Nats season ticket holder since 2003.  I bet there aren't that many of you...

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12: August 06, 2017, 07:20:00 PM »
We try not to call each other "A-holes" on WNFF.  "Moron", however, is always in play...

Congrats on being a Nats season ticket holder since 2003.  I bet there aren't that many of you...

Maybe he moved from Montreal to follow the team...

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
« Reply #13: August 06, 2017, 07:33:59 PM »
:lmao:  :wtf: is this crap serious?
He's either the dumbest baseball fan in history or the biggest troll in the history of WNFF.  Based on his name I'm betting on the latter.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #14: August 06, 2017, 07:35:43 PM »
He's either the dumbest baseball fan in history or the biggest troll in the history of WNFF.  Based on his name I'm betting on the latter.

You're coming in way late on the name thing...not that it matters...

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
« Reply #15: August 06, 2017, 07:38:47 PM »
You're coming in way late on the name thing...not that it matters...
He has 32 posts and I'm ADD as hell.  It's a small miracle I noticed his name at all :P

Offline LoveAngelos

« Reply #16: August 06, 2017, 10:02:20 PM »
 :hysterical:

Offline baldkid

« Reply #17: August 06, 2017, 10:50:20 PM »
Espinosa in Seattle now, on Royals game today he was described as "A winner who will make a great coach or manager someday" :hysterical:

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

« Reply #18: August 07, 2017, 12:22:55 AM »
OP needs to check the actual numbers like BA with RISP.  It'll make OP feel dumb.

Offline Truconfidence

« Reply #19: August 07, 2017, 12:42:49 AM »
I dont necessarily agree with OP on his point but it does seem he stops trying to pull everything and hits for a high avg then he pulls one HR and it is like he tries to pull everything for weeks after.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #20: August 07, 2017, 09:15:01 AM »

Well, what if he's committed through 2019?      Do you then get credit for 2005 - 2019 (15)?    :shrug:

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #21: August 07, 2017, 09:28:27 AM »
Is this another one of those analytics things I don't understand? ;)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #22: August 07, 2017, 09:50:21 AM »
Is this another one of those analytics things I don't understand? ;)

I have my name on those on-deck circle things with all the ST holders since 2005.   If I let my tickets lapse do you think they'd put whiteout on me?    :shrug:

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #23: August 07, 2017, 09:54:47 AM »
I have my name on those on-deck circle things with all the ST holders since 2005.   If I let my tickets lapse do you think they'd put whiteout on me?    :shrug:

My name is on there. I fully expect them to update it for the 15 year anniversary and purge.

What's interesting to me is that my rep said there were less than 2,000 people who were charter ST holders as of 2014, the ten-year anniversary. Obviously, there are less now so I'm thinking bigger type face for the 15-year anniversary.?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #24: August 07, 2017, 10:14:02 AM »
My name is on there. I fully expect them to update it for the 15 year anniversary and purge.

What's interesting to me is that my rep said there were less than 2,000 people who were charter ST holders as of 2014, the ten-year anniversary. Obviously, there are less now so I'm thinking bigger type face for the 15-year anniversary.?

I am definitely lobbying for a bigger type face.  However, I don't want to surrender my aisle seat.   (left edge)