Author Topic: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 2  (Read 13528 times)

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Re: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 2
« Reply #150: August 01, 2017, 08:48:56 PM »
I'm having fun stealing signs off of Weiters.  He's not terribly difficult to steal from....

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #151: August 01, 2017, 08:48:57 PM »
Sounds awesome.  My back patio is a mosquito sanctuary with all of the rain we've had.    :(

We finally threw in the towel 4 years ago and tore down our deck, and put up a screened in porch.  I had it wired for FIOS and hung a cheapo large screen on a swivel mount.  I watch almost all the Nats games outside now.  Sometimes though the damn tree frogs crank it up and I have to raise the volume!  First world problems.  I'm inside of the skeeters though, those damn asian tigers were the end of our deck.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #152: August 01, 2017, 08:49:32 PM »
My deck is my favorite "room" in my house. It's covered (like a porch) and way above ground so no bugs. Overhead fan and somehow I've resisted putting in a TV.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #153: August 01, 2017, 08:50:44 PM »
We finally threw in the towel 4 years ago and tore down our deck, and put up a screened in porch.  I had it wired for FIOS and hung a cheapo large screen on a swivel mount. 

Good for you. My sister did the same thing and I'm very impressed

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #154: August 01, 2017, 08:50:46 PM »
My back patio is graffiti-covered brick and concrete, much like the rest of the alley.  I should invite everyone over for croquet or bocce.

I like a large lawn where I can lob lawn darts to the other side, usually where the other players are.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #155: August 01, 2017, 08:51:25 PM »
We finally threw in the towel 4 years ago and tore down our deck, and put up a screened in porch.  I had it wired for FIOS and hung a cheapo large screen on a swivel mount.  I watch almost all the Nats games outside now.  Sometimes though the damn tree frogs crank it up and I have to raise the volume!  First world problems.  I'm inside of the skeeters though, those damn asian tigers were the end of our deck.

I go out on a nice breezy night with the new iPad  -  no breeze makes it awful though...

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #156: August 01, 2017, 08:52:01 PM »
My deck is my favorite "room" in my house. It's covered and way above ground so no bugs. Overhead fan and somehow I've resisted putting in a TV.

Why resist?  It's awesome.  We don't even have a TV on the main, living level except for the porch. 

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #157: August 01, 2017, 08:52:29 PM »
I go out on a nice breezy night with the new iPad  -  no breeze makes it awful though...

are you able to watch on MLB network?

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #158: August 01, 2017, 08:54:05 PM »
Why resist?  It's awesome.  We don't even have a TV on the main, living level except for the porch. 

I kind of lied in that my deck is right off the family room and I have a really good view of the large screen in there. I can watch the game with through there and listen to the game on my ipad or Iphone. ;)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #159: August 01, 2017, 08:54:07 PM »

Is it snowin'?      :)

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #160: August 01, 2017, 08:54:41 PM »
Oh freak yeah, I love a good game of Agincourt.  "Fore!"

Anyone else think that this Sherzer "injury" is staged agitprop?

I like a large lawn where I can lob lawn darts to the other side, usually where the other players are.

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #161: August 01, 2017, 08:54:46 PM »
I built one after I got divorced, and watch every game out here too.  I wired real speakers into the rafters when it was being built, so I can drown out whatever racket critters or neighbors are making!  The ceiling fan and fireplace table make it pretty comfortable for the whole baseball seasoon.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #162: August 01, 2017, 08:55:25 PM »
are you able to watch on MLB network?

Yep.  But I splurged on MLB.tv Premium this year.

Is it snowin'?      :)

Next week....    ;)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #163: August 01, 2017, 08:55:55 PM »
I kind of lied in that my deck is right off the family room and I have a really good view of the large screen in there. I can watch the game with through there and listen to the game on my ipad or Iphone. ;)

That works.    :thumbs:

Offline aBaltoNat

« Reply #164: August 01, 2017, 08:56:08 PM »
Watching games on tv, outside, is the shiznit.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #165: August 01, 2017, 08:56:22 PM »
I built one after I got divorced, and watch every game out here too.  I wired real speakers into the rafters when it was being built, so I can drown out whatever racket critters or neighbors are making!

Nice. I was planning to wire speakers to my deck and then bluetooth came along. Not as good but a lot less work.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #166: August 01, 2017, 08:56:59 PM »
2nd   Anthony Rendon doubled to left center, Daniel Murphy scored.   1   0
2nd   Max Scherzer homered (1st of career) to left, Rendon and Brian Goodwin scored.   4   0
2nd   Howie Kendrick homered (3rd of season, 1st with Nationals) to center, Difo scored.   6   0
3rd   Gordon grounded out to second, Rojas scored.   6   1
4th   Telis hit sacrifice fly to center, Ozuna scored.   6   2
4th   Rojas singled to center, Realmuto scored, Rojas to second advancing on throw.   6   3

Washington Nationals    6
Miami Marlins 3

MAX SCHERZER (NECK SPASMS) LEFT GAME BOT 2ND.

Offline aBaltoNat

« Reply #167: August 01, 2017, 08:58:04 PM »
Sammy looks so young.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #168: August 01, 2017, 08:58:32 PM »
That works.    :thumbs:

Now I need to start getting some Buffalo Trace. I've been drinking Jefferson Reserve lately.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #169: August 01, 2017, 08:58:35 PM »
I built one after I got divorced, and watch every game out here too.  I wired real speakers into the rafters when it was being built, so I can drown out whatever racket critters or neighbors are making!  The ceiling fan and fireplace table make it pretty comfortable for the whole baseball seasoon.

Sounds like mine.  I wired Bose outdoor speakers up in the rafters, and have a granite fire table (propane).  My big capital expenditure this season was a couple of blinds, the later afternoon sun was burning in on one side after I had to take a tree down next to the porch.  No shade = really hot.   Fixed now though.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #170: August 01, 2017, 08:59:25 PM »
Zimm and his gold glove defense again.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #171: August 01, 2017, 08:59:57 PM »
freaking awesome. 

Now our dogcrap bullpen will cough up a 6 run lead . . .

:stir:

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #172: August 01, 2017, 09:00:06 PM »
This game has the feel of a loss coming.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #173: August 01, 2017, 09:00:36 PM »
Zimm and his gold glove defense again.

He's an above average first baseman...

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #174: August 01, 2017, 09:00:37 PM »
Now I need to start getting some Buffalo Trace. I've been drinking Jefferson Reserve lately.

Haven't tried that yet but am willing to face the peril.  A baseball game is a fine time to taste.  I have these stones frozen that I drop in a drink when it's warm out, they don't dilute but keep the drink chilled for a while.  Let's face it, this isn't prime whiskey weather but if you like it, you roll with it.