Author Topic: AA Outfielder Darian Stanford speed maybe call up to pinch run in September  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Dcballer717

Researched new signee Darian and has electric speed I'm thinking Nats signed him to do what Terrance gore did for the royals add that speed element off the bench in September we don't have . Fastest kid I have seen in a senators uniform . Excited for the playoff run #gonats

Offline Truconfidence

Dont see how he gets on the 40man

Offline Dcballer717

Just wondering if they had plans to use him like the royals used Terrance gore!

Offline ZimW1N

• ResignSoto2025
When Turner and Werth come back that will put Difo and one of Taylor/Goodwin on the bench to add speed to the bench.

Offline Dcballer717

I can see that but neither difo or Goodwin have the elite speed that Gore and Sandford have that's why I thought maybe that's why we signed him . In September every run matters so why not bring a guy with elite speed up when the rosters expand. Watching Dyson and Gore in the playoffs for the royals years ago were game changers off the bench! Just a thought

Offline Section214

Is Dcballer717 Darian Stanford?

Offline ZimW1N

• ResignSoto2025

Offline Dcballer717

Actually I was his host dad while in Lancaster pa and a huge Nats fan thanks !!!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
I can see that but neither difo or Goodwin have the elite speed that Gore and Sandford have that's why I thought maybe that's why we signed him . In September every run matters so why not bring a guy with elite speed up when the rosters expand. Watching Dyson and Gore in the playoffs for the royals years ago were game changers off the bench! Just a thought

Speed is one thing, but I've seen some of these burners get picked off first easily because sometimes they get a little over-eager.  Looking at his numbers he's got 15 steals but caught 7 times.

It's cool that you were a host for him though.   That would be fun but we live way too far from any ballpark.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
Actually I was his host dad while in Lancaster pa and a huge Nats fan thanks !!!
:clap:

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
Darian Sandford for anyone having a hard time researching him.
He's 30 years old.
Has nearly 2000 at bats in the Indy Leagues.
And fewer than 500 in organized ball.
In 132 plate appearances at AA this season, he is slashing .235/.325/.243 (AVG/OBP/SLG).
https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=sandfo001cli

Offline Truconfidence

I mean if we did not have a 40man numbers crunch i would be all for this because Wieters is dirt slow but do not see how it could happen. Id rather see what Tony Campana was up to for that role.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Darian Sandford for anyone having a hard time researching him.
He's 30 years old.
Has nearly 2000 at bats in the Indy Leagues.
And fewer than 500 in organized ball.
In 132 plate appearances at AA this season, he is slashing .235/.325/.243 (AVG/OBP/SLG).
https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=sandfo001cli
he's not going to be even a regular season bench player, but if the speed is truly off the charts, pinch-runners have been kept on post-season rosters.  He's not Dave Roberts, or maybe not even Quintin Berry, in terms of a ballplayer, so it would be closer to Herb Washington for the 1970 As.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
I mean if we did not have a 40man numbers crunch i would be all for this because Wieters is dirt slow but do not see how it could happen. Id rather see what Tony Campana was up to for that role.
Tony Campana is also currently in Indy ball - playing in Sioux City (the Canaries) and slashing .323/.371/.364 with 29 steals in 37 attempts.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=campan001ton

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Eh, I think if we're going to call someone up for a Terrance Gore type role, it would be Robles

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Eh, I think if we're going to call someone up for a Terrance Gore type role, it would be Robles
no, don't start his MLB service time before you commit to him every day.  If he had to be added to the 40 man in the off-season, I could see it, but, short of that, you don't waste his service time to pinch run.

Offline Dcballer717

http://Sandford is arguably the fastest player in baseball I prefer him over campana he has speed like Gore !
 Scouting speed for September scouting report of all minor league players here is Sanfords

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?P=darian-sandford