Author Topic: First Annual WNFF Meet and Greet 9/30/17  (Read 28645 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Re: First Annual WNFF Meet and Greet 9/30/17
« Reply #75: August 02, 2017, 11:09:13 AM »
If ya wanna conger him up, mention "Ohio State".    :)

sounds like a good guy...

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #76: August 02, 2017, 11:11:14 AM »
sounds like a good guy...

You may wanna rethink that.    He's an OSU fan.     :)

He is a good guy.

Offline LoveAngelos

« Reply #77: August 03, 2017, 06:15:58 PM »
At least he is not a Tennessee Vols fan

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #78: August 14, 2017, 08:42:07 PM »
Right.  His handle here is "Spinman" and he is a frequent lurker and occasional poster.  And current FIL of Collin.
You are not only falling down on the job as official spelling police but you can't even spell Colin correctly. Get a grip boy!!!

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #79: August 25, 2017, 06:10:36 PM »

BTT

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #80: August 26, 2017, 11:15:13 PM »

With The Chief's blessing, I sent this message to the Nationals media relations department just now.  I will update the thread with their response, if any...

The Washington Nationals (internet) Fan Forum (wnff.net) is conducting a member get-together at the Park on September 30th at 5:05 pm.
Members include local SPH, as well as folks from various US states and Canadian provinces.  We project several dozen in total attendance on this evening.
We plan to meet in the Bud Light Loft, and would like to temporarily place our WNFF 2'x4' vinyl banner in an area that would allow members to easily locate the rest of the group in the crowd.  There is a small seating area to the right of the bar as you look at the Loft from center field, and thought that an appropriate location.  We wonder if you can help with some specific suggestions?
If this is not the correct department, please pass this request along for further attention.
Also, we wondered if Johnny and Ray would be available to make a brief appearance / photo op with the members...either on their set or in the loft?
Thanks,
VaRK

Offline mitlen

« Reply #81: August 27, 2017, 09:18:54 AM »
With The Chief's blessing, I sent this message to the Nationals media relations department just now.  I will update the thread with their response, if any...

The Washington Nationals (internet) Fan Forum (wnff.net) is conducting a member get-together at the Park on September 30th at 5:05 pm.
Members include local SPH, as well as folks from various US states and Canadian provinces.  We project several dozen in total attendance on this evening.
We plan to meet in the Bud Light Loft, and would like to temporarily place our WNFF 2'x4' vinyl banner in an area that would allow members to easily locate the rest of the group in the crowd.  There is a small seating area to the right of the bar as you look at the Loft from center field, and thought that an appropriate location.  We wonder if you can help with some specific suggestions?
If this is not the correct department, please pass this request along for further attention.
Also, we wondered if Johnny and Ray would be available to make a brief appearance / photo op with the members...either on their set or in the loft?
Thanks,
VaRK

I have a no media picture and/or interview clause in my contract.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #82: August 27, 2017, 09:26:21 AM »
I have a no media picture and/or interview clause in my contract.

We'll have enough muscle there to shield you from the paparazzi...

I only regret not mentioning our other global members...that would surely have put us over the top...

Offline mitlen

« Reply #83: August 27, 2017, 09:31:03 AM »
We'll have enough muscle there to shield you from the paparazzi...

I only regret not mentioning our other global members...that would surely have put us over the top...

There may be some "lurkers" from overseas who will show up.    Hell, there may be local "lurkers" show up.    Will there be a quiz for admittance?     We shouldn't tell anyone who we are.    Everybody has to guess.

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #84: August 27, 2017, 04:36:07 PM »
Going to be a great time. See you all down there!

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #85: August 27, 2017, 04:43:46 PM »
Going to be a great time. See you all down there!

:clap:  :thumbs:

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #86: August 27, 2017, 09:49:16 PM »
Hopefully helpful info from the Nationals website for first time Nationals Park fans...

Be sure to enter the Park thru the Center Field Gates.  The Bud Terrace area will open when the Center Field Gates open at 5:05pm.  The Bud Light Loft is on the second level in Center field.

Center Field Gate will open 2 hours prior to the start of the game, allowing fans access to the Center Field stands and Center Field concourse area.

On Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays the Budweiser Terrace area will open 2 hours prior to the start of the game.

All other gates will open 1 ½ hours prior to the start of the game, allowing fans access to the entire ballpark.

*Gate and ballpark area opening times are subject to change.

Offline dshawg77

« Reply #87: August 28, 2017, 07:24:10 AM »
If enough WNFFers go, Shouldn't the Nats arrange a player autograph session?

I think my wife spent like $100 to have something on the scoreboard for me, nothing is free, ha~~!

Sounds like I will miss you guys-for a birthday gift-I got 2 tix for us for the Diamond Club (first time) for the last game of the season-Oct 1st so probably won't be able to make back to back games. Booo.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #88: August 28, 2017, 08:53:53 AM »
I think my wife spent like $100 to have something on the scoreboard for me, nothing is free, ha~~!

Sounds like I will miss you guys-for a birthday gift-I got 2 tix for us for the Diamond Club (first time) for the last game of the season-Oct 1st so probably won't be able to make back to back games. Booo.

Actually, I think full season ticket holders get a free scoreboard message.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #89: August 28, 2017, 09:07:27 AM »
Only if it says, "Thank you Lerner family". 

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #90: August 28, 2017, 01:45:57 PM »
There may be some "lurkers" from overseas who will show up.    Hell, there may be local "lurkers" show up.    Will there be a quiz for admittance?     We shouldn't tell anyone who we are.    Everybody has to guess.

LOVE this!!! and then confirm by knowing what "LAC" means :lol:

Offline dshawg77

« Reply #91: August 28, 2017, 01:46:42 PM »

I wish I could commit to a full season! We got to a lot of events-Wizards, Bowie Baysox, a few Oriole games even...plus concerts. Too much commitment:)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92: August 28, 2017, 02:08:54 PM »
I could be convinced to use my scoreboard message for this. As long as my wife doesn’t have plans for it.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #93: August 28, 2017, 02:57:17 PM »
I could be convinced to use my scoreboard message for this. As long as my wife doesn’t have plans for it.

You are hereby appointed the WNFF Meet and Greet Media Relations Coordinator.  If the Nationals tells me Johnny and Ray will meet with us, I'll ask you to be the point man.

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #94: August 28, 2017, 03:16:30 PM »
You are hereby appointed the WNFF Meet and Greet Media Relations Coordinator.  If the Nationals tells me Johnny and Ray will meet with us, I'll ask you to be the point man.
I am unable to attend but the woman whom I share my seats with is friendly with Johnny. Without interfering with the previous formal requests through Nats channels would you want me to ask her to approach them if we do not get a favorable response ?

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95: August 28, 2017, 04:25:52 PM »

Does this position come with a salary?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #96: August 28, 2017, 04:28:35 PM »
I am unable to attend but the woman whom I share my seats with is friendly with Johnny. Without interfering with the previous formal requests through Nats channels would you want me to ask her to approach them if we do not get a favorable response ?

Yes indeed, Bubba...you can be the First Deputy Media Relations Coordinator in charge of off field events...  ;)

You may want to send that feeler out now anyway...I don't really expect to hear back from the Nationals...and if I do, Johnny will already have the heads-up...

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #97: August 28, 2017, 04:29:43 PM »
Does this position come with a salary?

Yes and no.  Terp, the Libations Coordinator will buy you a beer.  You're on your own after that.

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #98: August 28, 2017, 05:17:32 PM »
Yes and no.  Terp, the Libations Coordinator will buy you a beer.  You're on your own after that.

Yes indeed, Bubba...you can be the First Deputy Media Relations Coordinator in charge of off field events...  ;)

You may want to send that feeler out now anyway...I don't really expect to hear back from the Nationals...and if I do, Johnny will already have the heads-up...

She will ask him Wednesday. Will you be at the game on Wednesday?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #99: August 28, 2017, 05:33:06 PM »
She will ask him Wednesday. Will you be at the game on Wednesday?

I will...is there some coordination needed...glad to do it if so.

I love how this is all coming together...  ;)