Author Topic: Are you joking the Lerners are cheap?  (Read 1627 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Are you joking the Lerners are cheap?
« Reply #25: July 30, 2017, 09:56:22 AM »
You think the Nats are the only team doing it like this?  Or the only park where everyone spends way more than what's in those reports because they're buying $10.50 beers and fancy food options?

Of course not, I'm making the point that those studies have no meaning, particularly at Nats Park.

Based on what I've seen at the few parks I've visited Nats fans are paying more on average. I have no hard numbers on this but it's not an outrageous statement to say that prices in DC are higher than most of the rest of the country.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #26: July 30, 2017, 10:29:56 AM »
That's disappointing given the excellent product.

It's to be expected in a market that had no team for over 30 years (a period of time when attendance and many aspects of fan engagement grew exponentially, mind you).

I'm wondering if this might change if the team finally manages to win a championship, but only time will tell.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27: July 30, 2017, 10:56:06 AM »
For the parks that I have been to, the Nats seem about average. They all gouge you to the fullest extent possible. I remember how everyone is lauding the Falcons for having cheap food at their new stadium. Which is hilarious. They would charge more if they could. This is a city that had empty seats for playoff games. They can’t charge more. If people stopped going to see the Nats, I bet prices would go down as well.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #28: July 30, 2017, 11:57:45 AM »
Of course not, I'm making the point that those studies have no meaning, particularly at Nats Park.

Based on what I've seen at the few parks I've visited Nats fans are paying more on average. I have no hard numbers on this but it's not an outrageous statement to say that prices in DC are higher than most of the rest of the country.

Prices inside the ballpark don't always reflect those outside. Oakland, ChiSox, St Louis, etc.

Everyone is paying more than those studies since those studies are minimums but based on 22 parks I've visited, Nats prices are pretty average.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #29: July 30, 2017, 12:08:17 PM »
Asking if we'd rather have the Pirates owners instead of the Lerners to defeat LAC is the ultimate strawman.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #30: July 30, 2017, 12:18:08 PM »
I don't get people who complain about park prices at baseball games.  There are lots of ways to save money. The best way is not to go altogether. No one is forcing you to attend.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #31: July 30, 2017, 01:25:40 PM »
Thank you Thomas Paine  :P   
I don't get people who complain about park prices at baseball games.  There are lots of ways to save money. The best way is not to go altogether. No one is forcing you to attend.

Offline nats4ever

« Reply #32: July 31, 2017, 06:36:10 PM »
You are wrong. The Lerners don't like to pay managers.
That's why we got Matt Williams.
But you liked Matt Williams when the nats won all those games when he was the manager.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #33: July 31, 2017, 06:38:13 PM »
But you liked Matt Williams when the nats won all those games when he was the manager.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that very few of us liked The Big Intern.  Ever...

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #34: July 31, 2017, 06:41:03 PM »
I'll go out on a limb here and say that very few of us liked The Big Intern.  Ever...

It wasn't even a baseball thing necessarily for me though I did tire of the "standard decisions".   I ain't that smart.    But when a man allows himself to be referred to as the Big Marine (with no background), it gives me the heebie jeebies.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #35: July 31, 2017, 06:46:41 PM »
Thank you Thomas Paine  :P   

If you're unhappy about something you do something instead of just nag about it. It's just common sense.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #36: July 31, 2017, 06:47:41 PM »
If you're unhappy about something you do something instead of just nag about it. It's just common sense.

I see what you did there.    :)

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #37: July 31, 2017, 06:48:41 PM »

I was OK with him at first because he was disciplined and articulate. But then I realized he didn't know crap about handling pitchers or ballplayers in general.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #38: July 31, 2017, 06:49:16 PM »
I see what you did there.    :)

I'm glad somebody is paying attention ;)