Author Topic: Nationals Acquire Doolittle, Madson for Treinen, Neuse, Luzardo  (Read 6731 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Treinen is gonna Felipe Rivero us next year and I don't even care.

I hope he does. He desperately needed a change of scenery.

Offline whytev

Rizzo and Beane Trades through the years by fWAR per team, read as WSH trades X to OAK = Y to WSH

Josh Willingham (2) = Corey Brown (0.1) Henry Rodriguez (-0.2)

Brad Peacock (0 WAR), Tommy Milone (4.5), A.J. Cole (0), Derek Norris (5.2) = Gio Gonzalez (19.8!) Robert Gilliam (0)

David Freitas (0) = Kurt Suzuki (0.8 )

John Jaso (2.9) = A.J. Cole (0.4) Blake Treinen (1.9) Ian Krol (-0.3) - This was the Morse trade and Morse had a -1.2 WAR for the Mariner's that season not counting his time with the Blowhards

Kurt Suzuki (0.2) = Dakota Bacus (0)

Fernando Abad (-0.1) = John Wooten (0)

Billy Burns (2.2) = Jerry Blevins (0.8 )

Corey Brown (0) = MONEY

Tylier Clippard (0.3) = Yunel Escobar (2.1)

Max Schrock (0) = Scrabble (0.1)

Treinen, Neuse, Luzardo = Doolittle and Madson (TBD)

WSH lead at 25.5 WAR to OAK 17.2 WAR.
Complete wins = Gio deal, Suzuki to Nats deal, Morse deal good for WSH and OAK bad for SEA, Escobar deal
Complete losses = Willingham deal, Blevins deal
Pushes or too early to tell = Suzuki back to OAK, Abad deal, Scrabble deal.

BEST DEAL = Corey Brown for cold hard cash!

I love that we dealt Cole and got him back and they dealt Treinen and got him back and at one point they were in the same deal.

Offline Mattionals

I don't think he will magically get way better. I don't believe Pittsburgh used magic on Rivero either. Rivero has always had great stuff and the only big change I see is that he has traded horizontal movement on his fastball for more sink, and has slowly ramped his velocity up. He is benefitting from an insane sub .200 BABIP, just as Albers is with the Nats, but even adjusting for that, he'd have a sub 2.50 ERA.

Treinen isn't going to magically find control as a 29 year old. He is not Zach Britton. He is a guy who has control problems and a high velocity sinker that doesn't miss enough bats. He has had some bad luck, but he also doesn't tend to help himself more than enough.

Offline raleighnat

This is a wonderful deal.  I hope Rizzo isn't satisfied though.  Roberts would be a fine conclusion and shouldn't take Robles or Soto to get done.   

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

:wtf:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
I certainly don’t wish ill for the guy. By all accounts he’s a good person.  If he’s successful in the AL West, so be it. He was never going to be successful here.

Offline WahooWah

Did they fly Doolittle and Madison out to Cincinnati to fly them back to California tomorrow?

Offline Mattionals

Did they fly Doolittle and Madison out to Cincinnati to fly them back to California tomorrow?

Uhh, there is still a game left in Cincy tomorrow.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

Yes. But I assume they will fly back to California tomorrow after the game. I imagine they will meet team in California. The game tomorrow starts in 12 hours.

Offline Mattionals

Yes. But I assume they will fly back to California tomorrow after the game. I imagine they will meet team in California. The game tomorrow starts in 12 hours.

Better hope Stras goes the distance or Albers can back him up for a few.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
Assuming they both pass the physical, they had better be in uniform for tomorrow's game...

Offline Natsinpwc

Better hope Stras goes the distance or Albers can back him up for a few.
The humidity will be up tomorrow so no chances of Stras going more than six innings. I assume Adams and Gott stay through the game tomorrow.

Offline WahooWah

Yes, and after the game the team plays the Angles.

Offline Natsinpwc

Does Mr Geometry play for the Angles?

Offline Mattionals

And that is the day after. Sure, it would suck to fly across country twice in two days but their job is to pitch. They were just moved to a team that is playing across the country. If they hold them back in California and the bullpen blows a game tomorrow, the FO will never hear the end of it.

Offline DPMOmaha

I thought I heard on the broadcast they'd be meeting up with the team in Los Angeles. Seems a little much to fly them out to Cincy just to fly again back to LA.

Offline DPMOmaha

And that is the day after. Sure, it would suck to fly across country twice in two days but their job is to pitch. They were just moved to a team that is playing across the country. If they hold them back in California and the bullpen blows a game tomorrow, the FO will never hear the end of it.
With a 9 game division lead and the Kirk Cousins news happening tomorrow, nobody's gonna say two peeps outside of this board if that happens.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
Guess they aren't ALL smarter in Charlottesville :lmao:

Offline rileyn

With a 9 game division lead and the Kirk Cousins news happening tomorrow, nobody's gonna say two peeps outside of this board if that happens.

yep.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

:roll:   You're such a square.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness

He invented the new slide rule...

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
So they will NOT travel to Cincy for today's game, but meet the team in California.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
If these guys flew to Cincy for today's game and then headed west (back to CA), FP would blame every failure this season on the travel on July 16, 2017.