Author Topic: Nationals Acquire Doolittle, Madson for Treinen, Neuse, Luzardo  (Read 6734 times)

Offline DPMOmaha

Britton
Just a reminder:

@jcrasnick
#Nationals never spoke to #Orioles about Zach Britton before completing #Athletics deal, source says. MASN strain a big impediment.

Offline Count Walewski

Not even WNFF posters can find a problem with this trade. Nice.

Offline Monarch

I love this trade. I don't think they are done yet either. I'd rather have Igleasis than Robertson though, but I bet we end up with one of them. I guess we'll see how Edwin Jackson does this week before deciding whether they need another starter. That would be a nice break of luck if he's serviceable.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

Trade makes sense for both teams.  Nats fill short term (next 2 years) critical need and Beane gets a couple of talented prospects with a live arm. 

Offline NatsAllThe Way

Rizzo has something on Beane. 

Offline dshawg77

WOW!

It's like Christmas morning! Praise the lord!!

Yipeeeeee!!!

Offline dshawg77

And both guys signed for very little through next season as well? God damn Rizzo did it again!

No two ways about it-terrific trade.
Also considering h another 2 weeks b4 the deadline, makes it even a bigger steal. Most teams sit on players to hold out for higher prices.

Offline dshawg77

Just a reminder:

@jcrasnick
#Nationals never spoke to #Orioles about Zach Britton before completing #Athletics deal, source says. MASN strain a big impediment.

Not convinced Britton is 100%healthy, I would stay away IMO.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Just wait until this time next season when Treinen is pitching well

Offline DPMOmaha

Not convinced Britton is 100%healthy, I would stay away IMO.
I think you're missing the bigger point.

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
It's hard to imagine him thriving in the godless den of iniquity that is East Bay

Offline dshawg77

I think you're missing the bigger point.

I don't think out closer is on the roster yet.
It just shouldn't be Britton.

Offline awbb

Rizzo'll get him back for a prospect and some magic beans.

Offline OvechkinsWodka

• chicks dig curly W's
Doolittle can close, but still need more bull pen help.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

That would be stupid. I think this is perfect trade. Treinen was a commodity that had almost zero value to Nats but significant value to others. Even if he comes around (and I truly believe he will) I don’t think he ever would have in DC.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
NO MORE BLAKE TREINEN!!!!!!!

Online Natsinpwc

That would be stupid. I think this is perfect trade. Treinen was a commodity that had almost zero value to Nats but significant value to others. Even if he comes around (and I truly believe he will) I don’t think he ever would have in DC.
This. ^

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Happy to see Treinen leave. Dude just doesn't have the composure I like to see in a relief pitcher much less a closer.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
Big move especially because we didn't give up much to get two important pieces, leaving us plenty of ammo to go get a bonafide closer if the opportunity presents itself.  If not, Madson and Doolittle immediately represent a massive upgrade at the back end of the bullpen even if neither one is the perfect closer.

Offline Mattionals

Doolittle will close and Madson will set up is my guess. It sounds like Kelley and Glover will be maybe a few weeks off from the Expanded Roster date, so they may just hold them on th DL and set up rehab assignments to coincide with that timeframe.

I have a feeling that the Nats may decide to swing for another relief arm or get a starter since Ross is now out and Roark is out and Fedde is likely not ready. I think EJax will be a fill in until the deadline. It looks like Gio is on his way to his 12 Million dollar vesting option for 2018 (180 innings pitched this season) but my guess would be that Fedde could be dealt for a starter so the Nats have someone under control for a few more years to go with Scherzer, Strasburg, Gio, and hopefully Roark and once Gio is gone, Ross or Fedde is ready for that 5th spot.

Offline nats4ever

So you guys glad we have rizzo or would you rather have Dan Duequette lol.

Offline nats4ever

Yes.

If Doolittle stays healthy, this is a huge win for Rizzo.

Now he he needs a closer
So what's that again about firing rizzo???????????????????????

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
So what's that again about firing rizzo???????????????????????
People here have been wanting Rizzo fired since the dawn of time.  All he's done is win trade after trade after trade.  But, you know, not good enough.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/07/16/beane-says-doolittle-trade-signals-commitment-to-rebuild-for-new-stadium/

Billy Beane says he made the trade because the team needs to get younger for that new stadium they're totally going to get any day now :lmao:

He didn't mention anything about the compromising photos of himself that Mike Rizzo almost has to have but I think it's implied at this point.

Offline nats4ever

People here have been wanting Rizzo fired since the dawn of time.  All he's done is win trade after trade after trade.  But, you know, not good enough.
Then give me answer who will replace him for what he has done?