Author Topic: 2017 Trade Deadline Rumors/Trades/Discussion  (Read 65347 times)

Offline ZimW1N

• ResignSoto2025
Which is fine because Lynn can be a number 5 or pitch out of the pen.

Lynn would be in the rotation with Ejax going to the pen now an d Roark following him in the postseas

Offline tzinc

say what you want but Cubs, Yankees, Red Sox,  get it done year after year in all areas: they sign FAs, they make trades, they develop their youngsters... wish I could add Nats to that list

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
50 minutes left :panic: :panic: :panic:

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
say what you want but Cubs, Yankees, Red Sox,  get it done year after year in all areas: they sign FAs, they make trades, they develop their youngsters... wish I could add Nats to that list

:shrug:

I'm unaware of a long history of Cubs brilliant trade deadline moves.

Offline Monarch

Joe Smith to CLE (Nats were linked in something I saw this morning).

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Re: Re: 2017 trades not involving the Nats
« Reply #980: July 31, 2017, 03:14:10 PM »
Joe Smith to Cleveland.  Should take them out of the other reliever discussions....

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
In fairness, we added two relievers to the back end of the bullpen and a good right handed bat off the bench.  That's a pretty good deadline by most standards.

Offline Ray D

that trade discussion really does belong in the Out of Town scoreboard.
It seems relevant to me since it's been rumored that we were in on Gray, whether true or not; if true, then he's no longer in the picture.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
I'm not sure if I ever remember Rizzo getting a big deal done in the last hour before the deadline.  But that could absolutely be a mindfact.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
It seems relevant to me since it's been rumored that we were in on Gray, whether true or not; if true, then he's no longer in the picture.

You're not a mod....    :stir:

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
In fairness, we added two relievers to the back end of the bullpen and a good right handed bat off the bench.  That's a pretty good deadline by most standards.

Exactly, and last year we traded for Melancon and the year before that Pap, Rizzo doesn't just do nothing as far as trades usually.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
I'm not sure if I ever remember Rizzo getting a big deal done in the last hour before the deadline.  But that could absolutely be a mindfact.

. . . And it's landed us all those World Series wins!     

:?

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

Papelbon maybe?

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I just did not want 10 posts on it in this thread.  We have not been seriously connected to Gray in a week other than one Rosenthal post he retracted. 

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
Papelbon maybe?
Think he was a couple days before the deadline.

Offline tzinc

Gray was huge because he is under control

look at our starters next year forget the playoffs for a minute

Max
Stras injury prone
Gio coming off a great year can he repeat?
Roark with an era going to 5
Ross won't be ready for a while and when he is will he be good?

there will be some FA pitchers out there we better sign one

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Think he was a couple days before the deadline.

Yea just checked and it was, it was also 2015! Seems like yesterday :oldy:

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
. . . And it's landed us all those World Series wins!     

:?
Yeah... if only we had waited until the last minute to make deals, we'd have so many championships  :roll:

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
Rizzo has done pretty well with the waiver trade deadline over time so I think there's a decent chance we add more help over the next month.  Think Suzuki, Thornton, and Scrabble were all after the non-waiver deadline.

Offline dshawg77

34 minutes

Offline Glockypoo

Gray was huge because he is under control

look at our starters next year forget the playoffs for a minute

Max
Stras injury prone
Gio coming off a great year can he repeat?
Roark with an era going to 5
Ross won't be ready for a while and when he is will he be good?

there will be some FA pitchers out there we better sign one

If you're going to question whether or not Gio can repeat his 2017 (which is fair) then you have to also pose the possibility that Tanner bounces back to 2016 numbers.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Rizzo has done pretty well with the waiver trade deadline over time so I think there's a decent chance we add more help over the next month.  Think Suzuki, Thornton, and Scrabble were all after the non-waiver deadline.

Yup.

More pieces for another NLDS loss to the Cubs.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

You're not a mod....    :stir:

Man so strict. The whole trade market is interrelated, especially at the deadline. Every trade affects every other possible trade.  In my opinion, you can’t intelligently discuss Nats trades without knowing what else has gone on.
Outside of deadline, it makes sense to separate. At the deadline it seems pretty arbitrary. 

But it’s not my board.... :D :D

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
If you're going to question whether or not Gio can repeat his 2017 (which is fair) then you have to also pose the possibility that Tanner bounces back to 2016 numbers.

I think we all were under the assumption that Roark was on borrowed time and the Roark we see now is the Roark to expect.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Better hope we start the NLDS at home so that we get at least 2 playoff games at Nats Park...