Author Topic: 2017 Trade Deadline Rumors/Trades/Discussion  (Read 65195 times)

Offline tzinc

Kintzler is not a fit with our defense even with Trea back

Offline Truconfidence

Am I the only one that hates this? Kintzler is so freaking dependent on decent fielding and right now, we have one defensively above average defender on the infield.
Nope I hate it too. Would rather go after Joe Smith than Kintzler.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Give up Soto for Hand. If you want to Kintzler after that, go ahead, but he's just another reliever at this point.

Offline tzinc

a lot of middle inning relievers available
a few starters as well
a couple closers

Cleveland has Miller and Allen imagine adding Britton that is called going for it

Offline Natsinpwc

Give up Soto for Hand. If you want to Kintzler after that, go ahead, but he's just another reliever at this point.
I would support that. Don't you think SD would want more?

Online Slateman

I would support that. Don't you think SD would want more?
I'm sure they would, but the market is pretty much set at this point. Wilson went for less than a lot of people thought and he's about equal with Hand.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Since we're likely to have him thru 2018...thought I'd point out to the masses that Matt spells his name Wieters...the i before e thing...even though we may think that's wrong...  :whistle:

Similarly, the family that principally owns and controls our ball club are the "Lerners", not "Learners", "Learner's" or "Lerner's".     :poke:

Offline Ray D

My Mom used to call something like this "cutting off your nose to spite your face." 
In the Angelos world view, it makes good business sense to block a trade with Washington.  Theoretically a trade should help both teams equally.  But anything the Orioles do to help the Nationals is going to hurt the Orioles financially far more than what we do to help the Orioles will hurt us.

Offline Natsinpwc

In the Angelos world view, it makes good business sense to block a trade with Washington.  Theoretically a trade should help both teams equally.  But anything the Orioles do to help the Nationals is going to hurt the Orioles financially far more than what we do to help the Orioles will hurt us.
Really makes no sense. He has lost the fans to the Nats that he has lost. They aren't coming back. So he will screw his own fans for hurting the Nats.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
Except for the fact that it's the least likely scenario...
Kinda what I mean by that.  I don't expect Rizzo to overpay for pretty much anyone and Britton's price may be high but it's fairly reasonable given how good he is.  Didn't see the news that Kintzler may be available but I almost don't expect that deal to get done because I think we already have two of him in Madson and Doolittle.  Not sure we need another back end guy who isn't already a dominant closer and even though Kintzler's been a closer, I don't think most scouts view him as an upgrade over Doolittle.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
All the names being kicked around and the only names we're linked to is Kintzler and a loose association for Brad Hand.    :|

Offline Truconfidence

Kinda what I mean by that.  I don't expect Rizzo to overpay for pretty much anyone and Britton's price may be high but it's fairly reasonable given how good he is.  Didn't see the news that Kintzler may be available but I almost don't expect that deal to get done because I think we already have two of him in Madson and Doolittle.  Not sure we need another back end guy who isn't already a dominant closer and even though Kintzler's been a closer, I don't think most scouts view him as an upgrade over Doolittle.

I sure dont. Someone on twitter was showing that Kintzler stats match up with Craig Stammens.

Offline dshawg77

All the names being kicked around and the only names we're linked to is Kintzler and a loose association for Brad Hand.    :|

Mr. Hand it totally narly. Time to catch some waves....cowabunga dude!

Offline UMDNats

sounds like we're looking to score but will have to settle for a Hand job

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Mr. Hand it totally narly. Time to catch some waves....cowabunga dude!

Dude, you're ripping my card.  Hey bud, what's your problem?!?

Online Slateman

I view this as a good sign. Rizzo is known for working in the shadows. He's the ninja of GMs.

Offline Truconfidence

I view this as a good sign. Rizzo is known for working in the shadows. He's the ninja of GMs.
yup watch it end up being Rosenthal

Offline dshawg77

Report-Twins being "patient" on Kintzer.

Really? The dude isn't all that.

If Rizzo isn't after Santana and he is a throw in, this is absurd.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
yup watch it end up being Rosenthal

I just don't think we've got the pieces available for that kind of deal.   :(

Offline ZimW1N

• ResignSoto2025
I just don't think we've got the pieces available for that kind of deal.   :(

I doubt Rosenthal goes for more then Wilson did. In fact I'd guess he's be cheaper then Wilson.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
I doubt Rosenthal goes for more then Wilson did. In fact I'd guess he's be cheaper then Wilson.

Not if Lynn gets moved simultaneously.

Online Slateman

Correct

It gets downplayed a lot, but it's crazy what the Nationals have done to attendance numbers at Camden Yards. The O's drew over 3 million fans to Camden Yards to see a 98-loss team play in 2001. In 2004, the last year of only one team in the DMV area, the Birds drew over 2.7 million fans.

Since the Nationals came to town in 2005, the Orioles have never once matched the total attendance of their 2004 season and that includes their AL East crown in 2014. The same team that never once finished outside of the top-5 in AL attendance at Camden Yards before 2005, has never finished in the top-5 since.

Helping the Nationals win a World Series would probably be a death blow to the Orioles

Offline Mattionals

Not if Lynn gets moved simultaneously.

Which is fine because Lynn can be a number 5 or pitch out of the pen.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Re: 2017 trades not involving the Nats
« Reply #973: July 31, 2017, 03:00:49 PM »
MLB Network special is running a countdown clock in the lower right corner.  Just hit 1 hour remaining. 

:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Gray to the Yankees for 3 minor leaguers.