Author Topic: 2017 Trade Deadline Rumors/Trades/Discussion  (Read 65277 times)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Just wait 'til she's roamin' Nats Park and doesn't give you a second take.     :)
Meh. Lacey Chabert > Upton

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Meh. Lacey Chabert > Upton

She won't even lower herself to come to the section you're in.      She'll be hangin' with me and spider.     :money:

Offline UMDNats

welcome to WNFF, where a thread about the trade deadline becomes a thread about whether or not kate upton will be hot in the future before page 10

Offline Elvir Ovcina

Go watch him play. The difference between him and the rest of the Carolina League is a lot more visible in person than on paper.  He has a visible quickness and agility and he will hit with even more power as he gets older.

I'm still undecided on if he should be "untouchable" or not but I absolutely believe he is an exceptional prospect. Very rough, needs a lot of refinement, but that is what A-level ball is for.  If they're going to trade him, he needs to get us back something really valuable.

This.  He stood out a bit in the Carolina League last year, playing as a barely-19-year-old against 23 year olds.  His defense is projectable, meaning I don't rate it as highly at present as his tools, but all five tools are real, even the power (although that is indeed his weakest tool).  He's a guy whose power comes from his wrists and forearms, and those guys tend to take longer to start hitting the ball over the fence.  He'll probably be a 15-to-20-homer hitter in the majors.   

He struggled last year against same-side breaking pitches and has significantly improved that this season.  He's always hit fastballs dead-on, even good ones. 

Offline mitlen

welcome to WNFF, where a thread about the trade deadline becomes a thread about whether or not kate upton will be hot in the future before page 10

We know about as much about what Kate Upton will look like in the future as we do about what Rizzo will do before the deadline.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
No hips and high maintenance now.

I just don't think she's so spectacular. She's a good looking blonde with no tone in her stomach a big rack. Not exactly uncommon in Hollywood. Amber Heard, Emmy Rossum, Blake Lively, and Margot Robbie wipe the floor with her.

I'm sure she has a check list too. But apparently, the only one that matters is rich. Because JV isn't pretty, has a flabby ass, and doesn't strike me as the big dick type. So I'm sure his sense of humor is important, but not as important as the 9 figures he's accumulating.

Not being a gorgeous as Margot Robbie is a fairly high bar. She’s one of the best looking woman on the planet. Kate Upton is unquestionably hot.

And we have seen Verlander’s junk. It is not impressive.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
If you don't see how this is not only relevant, but crucially important to trade deadline discussions, you are beyond help.

Offline UMDNats

We know about as much about what Kate Upton will look like in the future as we do about what Rizzo will do before the deadline.

touche

Offline mitlen

If you don't see how this is not only relevant, but crucially important to trade deadline discussions, you are beyond help.

:lol:

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
It'd be worth it just to see Kate Upton at the Park.

Saw her at Srping training in Viera in 2016...

Offline mitlen

Not being a gorgeous as Margot Robbie is a fairly high bar. She’s one of the best looking woman on the planet.

Slate's got standards.

Offline mitlen

Saw her at Srping training in Viera in 2016...

Source photos  ...

Offline HalfSmokes

people have been around long enough to know there's no point trying to predict what Rizzo will ever do

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
people have been around long enough to know there's no point trying to predict what Rizzo will ever do
Zombie Mariano Rivera incoming.

Offline mitlen

I'd like to kibitz some more but it's gonna be a long day.    I gotta go to the pool.    I gotta find some string to "tie up" an extra large plant (not cannabis).   The pre-Open coverage is on the Golf Channel and the Nats have a late game.      Oh yeah, my AOL dial up minutes are about to roll over to an extra charge.

See ya in the GDT.      :w:

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Source photos  ...

She asked for one but I was too busy.  Maybe next year...

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Were Madson and Doolittle listed as major trade targets before the trade actually happened? All this tells me is that reports of all these relievers being linked to the Nationals is either journalistic laziness or subterfuge by Rizzo.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
Were Madson and Doolittle listed as major trade targets before the trade actually happened? All this tells me is that reports of all these relievers being linked to the Nationals is either journalistic laziness or subterfuge by Rizzo.
I think we were linked to every reliever who has ever recorded a save at some point or another.

Offline UMDNats

Both were definitely targets, everyone knew they were available and made sense for us to target. Then again, this year is strange because we basically are interested in any reliever with a sub-4 ERA.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!

#MAGA

#MWNFFGA

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
#MWNFFGA
Potomac Cannons is never coming back.  You have to get over it.

Offline Ray D

He'll probably be a 15-to-20-homer hitter in the majors.   

5-tool guy is a term that's probably thrown around too often (harper is one).  But how many homeruns qualifies power as a tool? I'd say at least 30?

Offline HalfSmokes

5-tool guy is a term that's probably thrown around too often (harper is one).  But how many homeruns qualifies power as a tool? I'd say at least 30?

it's become a joke- if the best someone can say about a prospect is 5 tools, run

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

People are talking about Robles like he's the iPhone 8.  They have no idea what they will get but by god they want it...

Offline Natsinpwc

People are talking about Robles like he's the iPhone 8.  They have no idea what they will get but by god they want it...
I still have the iphone5.