Author Topic: 2017 Trade Deadline Rumors/Trades/Discussion  (Read 65193 times)

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

I'd be shocked if we deal Robles.  I expect Wilson or Robertson or maybe a back-end starter and maybe a bench bat.  None will command Robles.

Offline dshawg77

I thought you might enjoy this from the Orioles Message Board:

For an injured, prob going to need TJ Britton:

"If the Orioles could get Robles, Fedde and a top 10-20 guy in the Nats system for Britton, I'd be all over it."

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
I thought you might enjoy this from the Orioles Message Board:

For an injured, prob going to need TJ Britton:

"If the Orioles could get Robles, Fedde and a top 10-20 guy in the Nats system for Britton, I'd be all over it."

:lmao: I would be too

Offline Ray D

Could someone explain to me why Robles is so highly valued.  I look at his stats, and I don't see it.

Online Slateman

Could someone explain to me why Robles is so highly valued.  I look at his stats, and I don't see it.
Because he has tools

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

http://natsgm.com/2017/06/05/scouting-victor-robles-2/

Offline dshawg77

:lmao: I would be too

Let's be frank: it isn't certain Britton will need TJ, but odds are very good.
Repita por favor: danger! Danger!

Offline dshawg77

Because he has tools

5 of them to be precise.

Offline NJ Ave

What's missing? He has the ability to play a plus CF and is averaging an extra base hit every 9 PA this season. He's as good a hitter and a better fielder (at a more important position) than Eloy Jimenez, and Jimenez just headlined a deal for Quintana.

Offline dshawg77

What's missing? He has the ability to play a plus CF and is averaging an extra base hit every 9 PA this season. He's as good a hitter and a better fielder (at a more important position) than Eloy Jimenez, and Jimenez just headlined a deal for Quintana.

He's prob just looking at offensive stats alone.

Offline NJ Ave

By offensive stats, he's 7th in the Carolina League in OPS, as a 20-year old.

Offline Ray D

Right, and if his tools are defensive and speed, then I don't think he should be quite so untouchable.  Of the five so-called "tools", I get that he has speed, good defense, and good arm.  The other two, I don't see.  Does not seem to have much power. As for hitting, seems above average I suppose.

Offline NatsAllThe Way

For $28MM/year...for 2 + years?

We don't need him in the playoffs, he'd be a 4th starter and would likely choke.  There are much better pieces to get.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
For $28MM/year...for 2 + years?

It'd be worth it just to see Kate Upton at the Park.

Online Slateman

Right, and if his tools are defensive and speed, then I don't think he should be quite so untouchable.  Of the five so-called "tools", I get that he has speed, good defense, and good arm.  The other two, I don't see.  Does not seem to have much power. As for hitting, seems above average I suppose.
He hits for average and hits for power. At High A ball, he's hitting .289 and slugging at .495 . He makes a lot of contact and doesn't strike out. He's basically where Andrew McCutchen was at age 20. He's ahead of where Lorenzo Cain, Jacoby Ellsbury, Charlie Blackmon and Starling Marte where at this time.

So yea, he has all five tools. The power tool might be lower than a corner OFer, but for a CFer, it's significant.

Offline dcpatti

Go watch him play. The difference between him and the rest of the Carolina League is a lot more visible in person than on paper.  He has a visible quickness and agility and he will hit with even more power as he gets older.

I'm still undecided on if he should be "untouchable" or not but I absolutely believe he is an exceptional prospect. Very rough, needs a lot of refinement, but that is what A-level ball is for.  If they're going to trade him, he needs to get us back something really valuable.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
It'd be worth it just to see Kate Upton at the Park.

That's what I am talking about. I'd pay an extra buck or two at the gate for that. Just put her on Nats HD all the time.

Online Slateman

That's what I am talking about. I'd pay an extra buck or two at the gate for that. Just put her on Nats HD all the time.
I'm underwhelmed by current Kate Upton. I think she's gonna end up being the next Anna Nicole Smith (in that she's gonna end up fat and bloated and thus, her assets will go away).

This is prime Kate:

Offline mitlen

I'm underwhelmed by current Kate Upton. I think she's gonna end up being the next Anna Nicole Smith.

Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeriste     :roll:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
I'm underwhelmed by current Kate Upton. I think she's gonna end up being the next Anna Nicole Smith (in that she's gonna end up fat and bloated and thus, her assets will go away).

This is prime Kate:

Man, Slate, you’re a tough customer to please.

Online HalfSmokes

Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriste     :roll:

:shrug: soft and curvy pre kids in their early 20s easily translates into fats by late 30s

Offline mitlen

:shrug: soft and curvy pre kids in their early 20s easily translates into fats by late 30s

Oh yeah and we're specimens.    Maybe she has a check list too.

Online Slateman

Man, Slate, you’re a tough customer to please.
Oh yeah and we're specimens.    Maybe she has a check list too.
No hips and high maintenance now.

I just don't think she's so spectacular. She's a good looking blonde with no tone in her stomach a big rack. Not exactly uncommon in Hollywood. Amber Heard, Emmy Rossum, Blake Lively, and Margot Robbie wipe the floor with her.

I'm sure she has a check list too. But apparently, the only one that matters is rich. Because JV isn't pretty, has a flabby ass, and doesn't strike me as the big dick type. So I'm sure his sense of humor is important, but not as important as the 9 figures he's accumulating.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
Oh yeah and we're specimens.
Speak for yourself, mit.  I have a beer gut every woman could fall in love with :D

Offline mitlen

No hips and high maintenance now.

I just don't think she's so spectacular. She's a good looking blonde with no tone in her stomach a big rack. Not exactly uncommon in Hollywood. Amber Heard, Emmy Rossum, Blake Lively, and Margot Robbie wipe the floor with her.

Just wait 'til she's roamin' Nats Park and doesn't give you a second take.     :)