Author Topic: Nationals vs Braves, Game 2  (Read 7772 times)

Offline awbb

Re: Nationals vs. Braves, Game 2
« Topic Start: July 07, 2017, 05:15:21 PM »
My angle of dissuasion is winter.    I keep tellin' her how early it gets dark and the pub rules, etc.  (she doesn't drink).    I'd really like to visit but I don't think I'd want to be there all year 'round   ....   especially in the winter.     I think Edinburgh is as urban as I'd wanna get in Scotland.    I was lookin' at itineraries (guided and unguided) and can only imagine the hordes that over take Scotland in the summer.

It's a pretty picturesque place when you're away from the towns, but then so is a lot of Europe and the US for that matter. Edinburgh is not too bad for tourists (remembering where I live!) but it is shockingly awful when The Fringe is on. Vast quantities of hugely privileged people in their 20s (and older, but still act like their in their 20s) appear and haw-haw their way around. There are only a few bearable days all year as far as the weather goes too - Elvir has is mostly right. 10 days max in the winter where it is bright and crisp and still and 10 days in the summer where it is sunny and warm without midges being absolutely everywhere.

She would need to drink if she lived in Scotland. It's not like Ireland where drinking is the law, it's more that she will not survive without a few units to get through the day.  :glug: