Author Topic: Nationals vs Braves, Game 1  (Read 10427 times)

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Re: Nationals vs Braves, Game 1
« Reply #250: July 07, 2017, 10:13:51 AM »
Can't be the Bob & Edith's on the Pike.

I absolutely loved Bob & Edith's in Arlington when I lived there.  Perfect late-night stop after set strikes.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #251: July 07, 2017, 10:59:50 AM »
Can't be the Bob & Edith's on the Pike.    That's so damned spiffy.

It is (I reside just down the Pike from there).

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #252: July 07, 2017, 11:22:37 AM »
It is (I reside just down the Pike from there).

The photo I was referring to was in N2P's original posting of the diner.    The original posting was edited.   I've eaten at Bob and Edith's building on the Pike since 1970.    There used to be an Ollie's Trolley up the street.

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #253: July 07, 2017, 11:32:09 AM »
Nats have sent out a profuse apology for last night - just popped into my E-mail.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #254: July 07, 2017, 11:38:34 AM »
Nats have sent out a profuse apology for last night - just popped into my E-mail.

It's gonna go over like a roach on a wedding cake. They should have included something like a small concessions voucher, ticket voucher, something.  Just a token of some sort.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #255: July 07, 2017, 11:43:12 AM »
It's gonna go over like a roach on a wedding cake.

:spit:    Never heard that one.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #256: July 07, 2017, 11:43:47 AM »
What does it say?

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #257: July 07, 2017, 11:50:36 AM »
What does it say?

Can't link it but here is the text (originally given in white all-caps lettering on a black background):

'WE ARE EXTREMELY SORRY FOR DELAYING THE START OF YESTERDAY'S GAME AND THE INCONVENIENCE THIS CAUSED OUR FANS.

'WE MONITOR THE WEATHER VERY CLOSELY VIA A WEATHER SERVICE. ALONG WITH MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL, OUR DECISIONS ON ANY WEATHER-RELATED ISSUES ARE MADE IN CONJUNCTION WITH MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL, OPPOSING TEAMS, UMPIRES AND THE PLAYERS' UNION,

'LAST NIGHT'S DECISION WAS OBVIOUSLY VERY DIFFICULT. WE COULD SEE WEATHER HEADING OUR WAY AND WANTED TO BE PROACTIVE, BUT THE TIMING OF ITS ARRIVAL KEPT SHIFTING.

'WE KNOW YOU CAME TO SEE A GAME, AND WE HATE THAT WE MADE YOU WAIT - UNDERSTANDING SOME OF YOU HAD TO LEAVE BEFORE WE EVEN GOT STARTED.

'WE APPRECIATE EVERYONE'S PATIENCE AND SUPPORT.

'SINCERELY, THE WASHINGTON NATIONALS'

Offline dcpatti

Offline mitlen

« Reply #259: July 07, 2017, 11:53:24 AM »

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #260: July 07, 2017, 11:57:42 AM »
At least they acknowledged it. They could have swept it under the rug and they didn't. They could have done more to try and make it up to the fans that got screwed over, but I've seen it handled worse than they're doing today.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #261: July 07, 2017, 12:02:02 PM »
At least they acknowledged it. They could have swept it under the rug and they didn't. They could have done more to try and make it up to the fans that got screwed over, but I've seen it handled worse than they're doing today.

That'd be like trying pancake make up on a zit or donning a toupee.    Everybody still sees it.    They probably paid good money for somebody to come up with that.    Come back strong and stop the bullcrap.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #263: July 07, 2017, 01:36:33 PM »
I have tickets to tonight's game that it's looking like I might not be able to get rid of. For goodwill purposes, I'd be willing to gift them to a forum member. 2 seats in section 204. PM me if interested or if this is against some forum rule.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #264: July 07, 2017, 02:09:37 PM »
I have tickets to tonight's game that it's looking like I might not be able to get rid of. For goodwill purposes, I'd be willing to gift them to a forum member. 2 seats in section 204. PM me if interested or if this is against some forum rule.
I will cross-post this in the Red Loft tickets to buy, sell, trade thread.