Author Topic: 2018 Ticket Plan and All Star Game Info  (Read 74813 times)

Offline dcpatti

Great news, but where are the heck are they putting the 14,000 tickets that Camillo said they had to give up to MLB? It doesn't seem to me that many people had to move, if this board is an indication.

Well Patti said she had to move and she’s the only one (I think) in premium seating. The folks that have seats that MLB wants apparently don’t slum it on this forum... :couch:

there's some folks on various facebook groups who've had to move. They seem mostly to be in home run territory.   My seat neighbor also had to move.

ETA: just read a post from a woman whose seats are usually in 220 and she was moved to 135.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
there's some folks on various facebook groups who've had to move. They seem mostly to be in home run territory.   My seat neighbor also had to move.

ETA: just read a post from a woman whose seats are usually in 220 and she was moved to 135.

Home run territory might be great for the home run derby but not for the game. And seats in 220 moved? Unless she's a half-plan holder I can't understand that at all.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
when do you have to buy your strip? 

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
when do you have to buy your strip? 

March 1 I believe is the deadline. If I heard right at the hot stove.

Offline rbw5t

Has anyone actually gotten the invoice yet?  I can see my cost and could pay now online, but I still haven't gotten the invoice.

Offline CowherPower

Has anyone actually gotten the invoice yet?  I can see my cost and could pay now online, but I still haven't gotten the invoice.

Yes, we received our invoice in the mail today.  I'm surprised more people don't have sticker shock at the pricing.  While FanFest and the Futures game are nice, in my mind there's really only two events of value.  And if you think about it that way, the Nats are charging World Series pricing for the Home Run Derby and the All-Star Game.  That seems WAY over priced to me.

Offline Baseball is Life

Yes, we received our invoice in the mail today.  I'm surprised more people don't have sticker shock at the pricing.  While FanFest and the Futures game are nice, in my mind there's really only two events of value.  And if you think about it that way, the Nats are charging World Series pricing for the Home Run Derby and the All-Star Game.  That seems WAY over priced to me.

Did your invoice break down the prices for each event?

Offline dcpatti

MLB sets the prices, not the Nats. I think mlb gets a big chunk of the money too. It seems like everyone was expecting high prices so they were mentally prepared. I mean, I’d love if I were paying half of what I am, but I figured there was gonna be a hefty markup for the “once in a generation” rarity of the event being in dc. Seems like this year’s pricing is consistent with the last few all star games so maybe it’s just always an expensive idea.

Offline CowherPower

Did your invoice break down the prices for each event?

Nope, it just gave me a grand total for our two seats.

MLB sets the prices, not the Nats.

Well, I guess I can't blame the Nats then, but I still think these prices are insane.  I don't think we'll be able to sell the Sunday activities for much.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2018/02/12/nats-issue-all-star-seat-assignments-as-tickets-for-game-home-run-derby-hit-secondary-market

MLB will offer a presale on all-star strips in May for MasterCard cardholders, to be followed by an unrestricted general sale. The league determines the ticket prices for All-Star week events and the cheapest strip this year is about $400.

Details about parking for all-star events were not included in the invoices that went out Friday, but a team spokeswoman said the team is confident that full-season plan holders who have parking during the regular season will have the opportunity to purchase parking in one of the team lots. Parking inventory for half- and partial-plan holders remains to be determined.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

Well, I guess I can't blame the Nats then, but I still think these prices are insane.  I don't think we'll be able to sell the Sunday activities for much.

I initially thought they were insane, but now I don’t think so as much, considering that you can probably recoup the whole cost or more on the secondary market (I mean the whole strip, not the Sunday events).

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

I think that most plan holders expected WS prices. It seems like most people wanted their regular seats, so not having the option to buy a cheaper strip isn't an issue.

Offline Baseball is Life

I have an email in to my rep to see if I can get a price breakdown for each event. Re Sunday events, I'm surprised at the interest level in my ticket group for the futures game.

Offline Baseball is Life

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2018/02/12/nats-issue-all-star-seat-assignments-as-tickets-for-game-home-run-derby-hit-secondary-market

Great article...says the deadline to buy strips is April 1, not March 1 as mentioned earlier in this thread. Also interesting, MLB will be selling strips to Mastercard holders and the general public.

EDIT: Apparently, the April 1 deadline in the article is wrong. It is indeed March 1.

Offline CowherPower

Great article...says the deadline to buy strips is April 1, not March 1 as mentioned earlier in this thread. Also interesting, MLB will be selling strips to Mastercard holders and the general public.

EDIT: Apparently, the April 1 deadline in the article is wrong. It is indeed March 1.

According to the invoice I received, 50% is due on March 1st and the other 50% on April 1st.

Offline djnrook

We are full season holders since day 1, and got assigned in our same section, but moved back about 20 rows.   The frustrating thing is the people one row behind us and two rows behind us that we are friendly with did not get moved at all.  So instead of shifting everyone back a row or two, they moved the rows they had to move into the closest available seats in the section.   I guess that allows them to say they moved as few people as possible.   We feel a bit hosed by that process, but I guess we still got seats.   I do know there are plenty of people in those 20 rows who are now in front of us who are relatively new season ticket holders (including a couple that joined in 2015).   Loyalty is over rated I guess.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
We are full season holders since day 1, and got assigned in our same section, but moved back about 20 rows.   The frustrating thing is the people one row behind us and two rows behind us that we are friendly with did not get moved at all.  So instead of shifting everyone back a row or two, they moved the rows they had to move into the closest available seats in the section.   I guess that allows them to say they moved as few people as possible.   We feel a bit hosed by that process, but I guess we still got seats.   I do know there are plenty of people in those 20 rows who are now in front of us who are relatively new season ticket holders (including a couple that joined in 2015).   Loyalty is over rated I guess.

That sux, but logistically it had to be easier to bump a few people back a bunch than to bump everyone a little and still try to make it fair.

Offline dcpatti

Not gonna lie, if I were a partial plan holder and the best I could do was a lottery, then found out there was a Mastercard presale and a general public sale, I'd be pissed unless there was also a partial plan holder presale.  I get the whole marketing tactic of guaranteeing your ASG strips with a bigger plan purchase but it's kind of crappy to give people a better perk for having a Mastercard than for buying a partial plan. I know that Mastercard is one of the big ASG sponsors and that gets them a share of the goodies too, but it just seems crappy for the partial plan holders.

Offline Baseball is Life

Not gonna lie, if I were a partial plan holder and the best I could do was a lottery, then found out there was a Mastercard presale and a general public sale, I'd be pissed unless there was also a partial plan holder presale.  I get the whole marketing tactic of guaranteeing your ASG strips with a bigger plan purchase but it's kind of crappy to give people a better perk for having a Mastercard than for buying a partial plan. I know that Mastercard is one of the big ASG sponsors and that gets them a share of the goodies too, but it just seems crappy for the partial plan holders.

It all depends on how and when the MC presales and the ticket hoilder lottery are done. In other words, if most partials end up getting a seat they won't complain.

Offline Baseball is Life

That kind of stinks but I guess I understand inconveniencing as few people as possible. They really should throw in a perk or two for people who had to move. What section are you in?

Offline djnrook

That kind of stinks but I guess I understand inconveniencing as few people as possible. They really should throw in a perk or two for people who had to move. What section are you in?
We are in 129 - same seats since 2008

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
We are in 129 - same seats since 2008

What row? I buy into a group in row N and we were surprised not to get bumped.

Offline djnrook

What row? I buy into a group in row N and we were surprised not to get bumped.
We are in F.   The folks in G didn’t get moved either.   

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
We are in F.   The folks in G didn’t get moved either.

I believe I'd be twisted up about that as well...

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
I believe I'd be twisted up about that as well...

Yeah, that'd pucker ya up a bit.   Even if it's "wrong" and it's consistent, you can kind of wrap your head around it.    This way makes it look "fixed"  ...   like folks in G know someone.