Author Topic: 2018 Ticket Plan and All Star Game Info  (Read 74896 times)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Re: 2018 Ticket Plan and All Star Game Info
« Reply #450: February 04, 2018, 10:19:31 AM »
Two things I noticed.

1) there were tons of people there. More than I expected. And this was limited to those with full season plans. I guess the Nats do have one of the largest season ticket bases in baseball.

2) The demographics of the season ticket population are not the same as the DMV. This crowd skewed pretty old. I wonder if that’s true of most teams. Or just a baseball thing. I could have convinced myself that I was the youngest person there. That doesn’t happen to me much anymore anywhere in DC. 😉

I'm thinking the event did not truly reflect the SPH fan base. It was not a kid friendly event and people with families have Saturdays pretty booked up, I'm thinking.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #451: February 04, 2018, 10:21:42 AM »
I like that they’re giving out flags. Will be nice to see them hanging in people’s yards. It’s a good way to get the neighborhood Nats fans to recognize each other and grow the fan base. We made a neighborhood friend just from him having the same post-game dog-walking route and timing as my husband and both of them wearing Nats swag.  it’s so much easier to make friends when you already know your common bond.

I like the Nats flag idea too. Your neighborhood sounds like mine. I'm not a flag waving guy, but I might break down.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #452: February 04, 2018, 10:31:56 AM »
Two things I noticed.

1) there were tons of people there. More than I expected. And this was limited to those with full season plans. I guess the Nats do have one of the largest season ticket bases in baseball.

2) The demographics of the season ticket population are not the same as the DMV. This crowd skewed pretty old. I wonder if that’s true of most teams. Or just a baseball thing. I could have convinced myself that I was the youngest person there. That doesn’t happen to me much anymore anywhere in DC. 😉

Pretty white too.    :)

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #453: February 04, 2018, 10:34:07 AM »
I'm thinking the event did not truly reflect the SPH fan base. It was not a kid friendly event and people with families have Saturdays pretty booked up, I'm thinking.

As someone with young kids, every parent I know loves this part of the year because there are almost no sports commitments (we had one b-ball game all weekend which is comparatively nothing) and a lot of non-sports events are on hiatus until spring

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #454: February 04, 2018, 10:41:20 AM »
That doesn't look like they sourced the cheapest piece of crap 'flag' possible, not at all.

They passed it around, the flag is every bit as high quality as the tin that comes with it.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #455: February 04, 2018, 10:41:21 AM »
What she's holding does look like it has the kind of rings that would make it possible to fly, it definitely doesn't have the kind of metal hardware you'd expect on a decent flag

It looks like what I got from RCR points a few years ago. They branded it as a “garden flag.” I think it just has stitching around the ring holes? I’ll have to check. It’s not a soft material. It feels more industrial than flimsy. I wonder if the Nats are going to change their policy on flags in the ballpark now that they are giving them to all the SPH. I took mine to NLDS Game 1 and waved it with my seat mates between innings till that became boring.

Edited: I checked the Nats prohibited item list and this is what it says about flags/banners/signs:

Banners and signs must be handheld and must: (a) utilize only cloth, paper or other light flexible materials, and may not be comprised of or supported by wood, metal or other hard materials that could be dangerous in a crowded public setting, (b) not be affixed to or draped over any part of the baseball park structure, whether facing inside or outside of the baseball park, and (c) be no larger than 2 feet by 4 feet.

So if it’s a 2’x3’ flag with no ring-hole hardware, then it actually falls within the Allowed Items. Whether this is just a coincidence or if the flag was picked with those guidelines in mind, that’s anybody’s guess.  There was a lot of kerfluffle when the Cubs fans had their flags taken away for being too big, so at least the Nats didn’t set themselves up for some SPH drama there.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #456: February 04, 2018, 12:11:22 PM »
As someone with young kids, every parent I know loves this part of the year because there are almost no sports commitments (we had one b-ball game all weekend which is comparatively nothing) and a lot of non-sports events are on hiatus until spring

My kids played basketball and they always had games on Saturday and Sundays this time of year. That's all it takes when you schedule an event on Saturday afternoon. Besides, all there was to do was just to sit there and listen to Camillo, Martinez, and Rizzo jabber for an hour. Not exactly riveting for little kids.

I have to admit I found FP to be very funny. I like him because he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously and seems to be really grateful for the gig he's got.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #457: February 04, 2018, 12:16:22 PM »
They passed it around, the flag is every bit as high quality as the tin that comes with it.

THE absolute stupidest thing they ever gave away was Opening Day 2016 when they gave a way this huge tin in which you were supposed to collect 10 year anniversary memorabilia in. This is a smaller version of that. What the hell are you supposed to do it with it?

Offline mitlen

« Reply #458: February 04, 2018, 12:30:14 PM »
THE absolute stupidest thing they ever gave away was Opening Day 2016 when they gave a way this huge tin in which you were supposed to collect 10 year anniversary memorabilia in. This is a smaller version of that. What the hell are you supposed to do it with it?

I have my tin next to my 8 X 10 of Gio  ...   :couch:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #459: February 04, 2018, 12:35:44 PM »

The poster of Rizzo, Baker, FP, and Carp in tuxes was the worst giveaway. They had to have giant trash bins directly behind the giveaway table.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #461: February 04, 2018, 01:39:17 PM »

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #462: February 04, 2018, 06:54:21 PM »
I have my tin next to my 8 X 10 of Gio  ...   :couch:

Your autographed 8x10 of Gio...  :whistle:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #463: February 04, 2018, 08:09:35 PM »
Your autographed 8x10 of Gio...  :whistle:

VaRK knows.   :lol:

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #464: February 05, 2018, 12:19:27 PM »
I have my ticket drafts tonight. Meeting at a local watering hole and have three groups coming in right after the other. One hour for each. Phoning in is an option. It works fairly well. I have them trained right. ;)

I would be curious how others do their drafts.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #465: February 05, 2018, 01:08:19 PM »
I have my ticket drafts tonight. Meeting at a local watering hole and have three groups coming in right after the other. One hour for each. Phoning in is an option. It works fairly well. I have them trained right. ;)

I would be curious how others do their drafts.

Pretty similar except mine is just one group and we take more than an hour because we socialize a bunch. Beer. By the 6th round, everyone has their "must have" games picked and we're down to the dregs of Marlins-Phillies-Marlins, so I usually stop picking (since I usually exchange a few games to make bigger sets anyway) and they play Eenie Meanie Miney Moe.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #466: February 05, 2018, 01:15:44 PM »
Pretty similar except mine is just one group and we take more than an hour because we socialize a bunch. Beer. By the 6th round, everyone has their "must have" games picked and we're down to the dregs of Marlins-Phillies-Marlins, so I usually stop picking (since I usually exchange a few games to make bigger sets anyway) and they play Eenie Meanie Miney Moe.

We used to socialize when we I had just one group, too. Also, when we first started everyone knew each other but now some have rolled off and I've replaced them from a wider circle. There's a little bit of socializing after each draft but I'm usually on to the next one.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #467: February 07, 2018, 12:58:06 PM »
Genetically Perfect came through again with the info that invoices are live on My Nationals Tickets.

My info on the prices was way off. It's $800 per pair of strips not per strip. Much more reasonable.

As a partial plan holder I got my regular seats. I was going to pass, but that price for that location isn't bad.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #468: February 07, 2018, 01:33:15 PM »
Gone now, I got a screen shot. I hope that was the final price.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #469: February 07, 2018, 04:27:20 PM »
Genetically Perfect came through again with the info that invoices are live on My Nationals Tickets.

My info on the prices was way off. It's $800 per pair of strips not per strip. Much more reasonable.

As a partial plan holder I got my regular seats. I was going to pass, but that price for that location isn't bad.

Where are your seats?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #471: February 07, 2018, 07:24:16 PM »
Gone now, I got a screen shot. I hope that was the final price.

(Image removed from quote.)

I logged in and am not seeing any hint of anything related to the ASG.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #472: February 07, 2018, 08:44:36 PM »
I logged in and am not seeing any hint of anything related to the ASG.

Here's a working picture of the price, that is for four strips in 222. It was apparently only available for a short time on My Nationals Tickets. GP was able to purchase his strips, when I tried it made me log in again and it was gone.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #473: February 07, 2018, 08:55:38 PM »
Here's a working picture of the price, that is for four strips in 222. It was apparently only available for a short time on My Nationals Tickets. GP was able to purchase his strips, when I tried it made me log in again and it was gone.

(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks, to be clear I didn't doubt your account, I actually posted before reading your follow up post.   Agreed in that I hope the pricing is reasonable.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #474: February 07, 2018, 08:56:57 PM »
Thanks, to be clear I didn't doubt your account, I actually posted before reading your follow up post.   Agreed in that I hope the pricing is reasonable.

Not sure why the photo didn't work from my phone so I was planning on fixing it when I got home anyway.